Windows 10: Unable to edit calendar event

Discus and support Unable to edit calendar event in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I set up a monthly series to remind me to do things on a monthly basis. When that event occurs, I edit that days occurance by adding ok and saving.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnKinsey1, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Unable to edit calendar event

I set up a monthly series to remind me to do things on a monthly basis. When that event occurs, I edit that days occurance by adding ok and saving. This has worked well.

All of a sudden the event has turned private and is locked and I cannot edit it.

:)

JohnKinsey1, Aug 16, 2019

2. Unable to find how to edit/ delete Calendar events

Hi Clay,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are facing issues with accessing the events from Calendar, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you referring to Calendar app/ Mail client version of Outlook/ Outlook.com?
    • Have you made any changes in the settings with Calendar prior to this issue?
    • What exactly happens wen you try to edit/ delete/ access the events from Calendar?

If you are referring to Calendar app in Windows 10, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Calendar app help

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

If you are trying to access the Calendar from Outlook.com, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Get help with Outlook.com

Section: Calendar.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Editing event on alternate Calendar

Hi Greg,

As per the info provided, I understand that you are able to create events in your Calendar app but you cannot view them in a particular calendar.

To tackle this issue, I suggest that while you create or edit an event, under the Calendar drop down
    choose the correct and appropriate Calendar that you wish to add the event in.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Unable to edit calendar event

Unable to delete the events in calendar

Hi Beatriz,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with Calendar app. I will surely help you.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What happens when you try to delete calendar events in the Windows 10 Calendar app? Do you get any error message/code? If yes, then provide us the complete error message/code.

• Is this issue specific to a particular Calendar and Calendar event?

• What is the type of account you have used to login to the Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app? Is it @live.com or @outlook.com?

• Are you able to delete the Calendar events from the web browser?
    I suggest you to create a test event and then try deleting that event and let us know the result.

Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty with Calendar app. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Punith_Kumar, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Unable to edit calendar event

1. Unable to edit calendar event - Similar Threads - Unable edit calendar

2. Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook: I have 5 mailboxes setup in my Outlook and I am able to create Events in 4 of the Calendars but 1 Mailbox's Calendar does not allow me to create event as of today morning. The option to create events/create appointments is greyed out Have tried restarting the PC, tried...
  3. Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook: I have 5 mailboxes setup in my Outlook and I am able to create Events in 4 of the Calendars but 1 Mailbox's Calendar does not allow me to create event as of today morning. The option to create events/create appointments is greyed out Have tried restarting the PC, tried...
  4. w11 Calendar events

in Windows 10 Gaming
    w11 Calendar events: Hi, where are the calendar event files stored. I'm trying to delete all events from the app and there is no neat way of doing this, but even neither resetting or reinstalling the app don't remove them....
  5. w11 Calendar events

w11 Calendar events: Hi, where are the calendar event files stored. I'm trying to delete all events from the app and there is no neat way of doing this, but even neither resetting or reinstalling the app don't remove them....
  6. Missing calendar events

Missing calendar events: I opened my calendar today and I am missing events. How did that happen and how do I get them back again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-calendar-events/7b6ad2ee-8584-4560-808a-bce46805ae9c
  7. Editing event in calendar

Editing event in calendar: I am trying to edit and delete recurring events in the calendar app. Clicking on the event shows you a button to edit. Upon pressing the edit button, a screen comes up showing the details of the event, but no where is there a button to either edit or delete. Can someone...
  8. Deleting Calendar Events

Deleting Calendar Events: I have noticed that a lot of people are having trouble deleting events from the calendar on Windows 10. I had that problem too. There was a birthday I was trying to edit, and Windows 10 wouldn't let me. I logged into live.com and tried to edit it there, but it wasn't even...
  9. Notifying of events in calendar

Notifying of events in calendar: Under Windows ten, how can I set the calendar to notify me of a coming event, like by a pop-up or by sending a message? Thanks for any help. 13746
  10. Calendar New Event

Calendar New Event: Can't get this to work,click on new event and nothing happens? Calendar loads OK and highlights today,just can't add any events. This was a new install and I think it worked after the install,not sure why not working. Thanks for any suggestions on helping me fix this....