Windows 10: Unable to edit metadata thanks Microsoft

Discus and support Unable to edit metadata thanks Microsoft in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; **** unbelievable that the **** at **** would release windows 10 and the windows media play for that operating system without checking the users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jtlessons, Jun 10, 2019.

1. jtlessons Win User

Unable to edit metadata thanks Microsoft

**** unbelievable that the **** at **** would release windows 10 and the windows media play for that operating system without checking the users ability to add metadata to a video.

Something as simple as right clicking on a video file going to properties, then details to see the tag fields yields this error message. Put down the ping pong paddles and fix the **** problem!

Unable to edit metadata thanks Microsoft 554fd1a7-3700-4dc6-9bed-011f924cba82?upload=true.png

:)

jtlessons, Jun 10, 2019

2. Edit metadata autocomplete list for pictures/music files

I cannot find a way to delete/edit the autocomplete list displayed when editing the metadata on pictures. I get a list of previous entries (some of which are just plain junk) and would like to delete those as suggestions. I tried the steps with the following
    link and did not have any success. I do not have a AUTOCOMPLETE listing under "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer".

The locked thread for a similar question under Windows Vista:

Edit autocomplete drop-down list for genre metadata in music files

Thanks,

Brian

Brian Z. Patton, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Edit metadata autocomplete list for pictures/music files

It seems like the list is generated from existing tags or other metadata. So, if you're getting 'junk' suggestions, it's likely that some other file has that 'junk' data. So you need to locate those files with bad metadata & delete/edit it to 'good' information.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Unable to edit metadata thanks Microsoft

Edit metadata in Groove

Unfortunately, it looks like if it came from a online source, it won't allow you to edit the metadata. I imagine it's because there should be no reason to edit metadata from a curated source like the Groove music pass since they should be correct already.

I copied music from my desktop that was originally ripped from CDs years ago that I added metadata to on my own, and those are the ones I'm able to edit. I'm unable to edit metadata for songs that are on my OneDrive, even if I download it to my device through
    Groove.

enterprised1, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Unable to edit metadata thanks Microsoft

1. Unable to edit metadata thanks Microsoft - Similar Threads - Unable edit metadata

2. Editing Metadata in Details Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing Metadata in Details Pane: Hi,I installed a new Windows update and lost the ability to edit metadata in the Details Pane. It used to look like this: Now it looks like this:As you can see, it's a loss of functionality. I can't edit the metadata from the folder view anymore. It wants me to click the...
  3. Editing Metadata in Details Pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Editing Metadata in Details Pane: Hi,I installed a new Windows update and lost the ability to edit metadata in the Details Pane. It used to look like this: Now it looks like this:As you can see, it's a loss of functionality. I can't edit the metadata from the folder view anymore. It wants me to click the...
  4. Microsoft Photos Metadata

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos Metadata: Like so many others I am struggling with Microsoft Photos. I know where to find my photos. What I need access to is the metadata I create with Microsoft Photos. I have used the program to add names to my photos, but the metadata on the photo doesn't record this info. Where...
  5. App to better edit music metadata

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App to better edit music metadata: I am trying to look for an app to better edit my music. Groove isn't exactly cutting it, so I was hoping someone here could help me find something. I am looking for a music metadata editor that is in-depth enough to let you change the artwork per song. For an example, the...
  6. Tool to edit EXIF metadata for pictures?

Tool to edit EXIF metadata for pictures?: Can someone recommend a GUI tool that makes it easy to edit the EXIF metadata for pictures? I am helping my dad organize some pictures and there's a large majority of them that have no EXIF data or incorrect EXIF data. The built-in Photos app looks like it allows you to...
  7. Edit Folder Metadata

Edit Folder Metadata: Hi, How do I edit folder metadata in Windows 10? There are a lot of metadata columns that could be used to display valuable information in windows explorer about a folder (author, title, genre, tags, comments, etc...). How do I edit that information? submitted by...
  8. No longer able to edit mp3 metadata

No longer able to edit mp3 metadata: I checked wav and m4a, I'm still able to edit metadata with those. I haven't had a problem editing mp3's before. With File Explorer, Groove Music, and even navigating to Details under Properties. I can't even give the song a star rating. I checked that they weren't marked...
  9. Thanks Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Thanks Microsoft: The Forum users get such great help from the Staff of Helpers and Advisers . But does anyone ever say thank you. People crying for help Viruses, Bugs ,Ransomeware, Scammers , etc. And its Free . We now have a top of the range Windows Security getting better AV Test results...
  10. Batch editing of photo metadata

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch editing of photo metadata: I would like to set the Copyright field to my name in all my photos and also some of the other fields under the Details tab of the photos Properties. Doing this one at a atime is very time consuming. Is there a way to change particular fields in a number of selected photos...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant you store metadata in .pes files

2. how to add metadata in windows 7 media player