Windows 10: Unable to edit mp3 file information without erasing info Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to edit mp3 file information without erasing info Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am having trouble editing files in file explorer. When I right click on any file, go to "Properties," click "Details," and change any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LightspeedB, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Unable to edit mp3 file information without erasing info Windows 10

Hello,

I am having trouble editing files in file explorer. When I right click on any file, go to "Properties," click "Details," and change any information, whether it is "Album" or "Album artist," for example, it erases all information (Title, #, Contributing artists, Album, Album artist, Genre, and Year) altogether. I don't know what it is that I'm not doing right, or if I gave enough information to diagnose this problem.

I am running Windows 10 on a Lenovo. It's a few years old, I bought it in 2016 I think.

Thank you!

-Bradley B

:)

LightspeedB, Jul 16, 2019

2. Win 10 batch edit mp3 properties erases data

Hi,

Windows 10 supports changing MP3 information. This issue occurs if the there are settings that need to be configured. To resolve your concern, follow the steps below:

• First, right-click the MP3 file which you want to edit.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on Details tab.
    • Edit the file information of whichever you want.
    • Lastly, click on Apply, then Ok.
    Disclaimer: Try this in a single file first, then, check if it works.

If the issue still persists, we suggest the following solutions:

• Temporarily disable the security software and check if this helps.
    Disclaimer: Enable the antivirus as soon as you're done. Your computer is vulnerable to virus attacks specially if you're connected to the Internet

• Boot the computer in safe mode and check if this helps to edit the mp3 details. Refer to this
      link on how to
      Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10.

Let us know the status of the issue in this regards. Your reply is important to assist you better.

Marvelos Reg, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Unable to edit mp3 file information without erasing info Windows 10

Hello,

I am having trouble editing files in file explorer. When I right click on any file, go to "Properties," click "Details," and change any information, whether it is "Album" or "Album artist," for example, it erases all information (Title, #, Contributing
    artists, Album, Album artist, Genre, and Year) altogether. I don't know what it is that I'm not doing right, or if I gave enough information to diagnose this problem.

I am running Windows 10 on a Lenovo. It's a few years old, I bought it in 2016 I think.

Thank you!

-Bradley B

LightspeedB, Jul 17, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Unable to edit mp3 file information without erasing info Windows 10

Win. 10 Unable to Edit Properties of Mp3 files

WMP writes tags ok for me in 1709 - vn 12.0.16299.15

Is this an 1803 bug?

It's possible to use the Properties sheet or Details pane if you wish:

Unable to edit mp3 file information without erasing info Windows 10 [​IMG]

dalchina, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Unable to edit mp3 file information without erasing info Windows 10

1. Unable to edit mp3 file information without erasing info Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable edit mp3

2. Unable to edit DOB and country information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to edit DOB and country information: I have purchased a new windows 11 laptop and while configuring it anyhow it fetched wrong profile information which includes DOB and Country. now I am trying to change it under Microsoft account/your info/profile info but its not editable and disabled. I want to buy office...
  3. Unable to edit DOB and country information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to edit DOB and country information: I have purchased a new windows 11 laptop and while configuring it anyhow it fetched wrong profile information which includes DOB and Country. now I am trying to change it under Microsoft account/your info/profile info but its not editable and disabled. I want to buy office...
  4. Problem editing properties of .mp3 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem editing properties of .mp3 files: I have a bunch of .mp3 files from various sources downloads, ripped from CDs, vinyl, etc. Some do not have the Album Artist field filled in, but have Title, Contributing Artist, Album, Genre & Year. If I go to Properties>Details and type in the Album Artist then click OK, all...
  5. Problem editing properties of .mp3 files

Problem editing properties of .mp3 files: I have a bunch of .mp3 files from various sources downloads, ripped from CDs, vinyl, etc. Some do not have the Album Artist field filled in, but have Title, Contributing Artist, Album, Genre & Year. If I go to Properties>Details and type in the Album Artist then click OK, all...
  6. Edit details on MP3

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edit details on MP3: HiPlease advise how to enable editing on an MP3Why is it that some MP3 file's property details can be entered/changed and not others?I've compared one that I can't and one that I can and can't see anything that's different, except the details locked on one and not the...
  7. Editing an MP3 file with special characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Editing an MP3 file with special characters: Every time I try to edit an mp3 file for the title using characters like "®" and also "ý" they either appear as a question mark in groove music or sometimes using old norse characters they just show up as regular alphabetical characters. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. Editing an MP3 file with special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing an MP3 file with special characters: Every time I try to edit an mp3 file for the title using characters like "®" and also "ý" they either appear as a question mark in groove music or sometimes using old norse characters they just show up as regular alphabetical characters. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. Editing an MP3 file with special characters

10. Win. 10 Unable to Edit Properties of Mp3 files

in Windows 10 Support
    Win. 10 Unable to Edit Properties of Mp3 files: I run windows 10 and use Windows Media Player to listen to my music. Recently I noticed that i was getting a lot of "unknown (artist, genre, album, ect.)". Usually kept the song names as the file name. In Media Player I can edit the info so that it shows properly in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows erasing mp3 file info