Windows 10: Unable to edit permissions or access file folder "WindowsApps" on internal secondary HD...

Discus and support Unable to edit permissions or access file folder "WindowsApps" on internal secondary HD... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The title pretty much says it all. How do I regain control of this folder so that I can delete files and free up space? It won't even let me delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoshuelPatterson, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Unable to edit permissions or access file folder "WindowsApps" on internal secondary HD...

The title pretty much says it all. How do I regain control of this folder so that I can delete files and free up space? It won't even let me delete the folder I get the following error:

Unable to edit permissions or access file folder "WindowsApps" on internal secondary HD... e7b6c146-671f-4937-94d0-be612b1c576c?upload=true.png

And when I attempt to modify the folder permissions this is what I see:

Unable to edit permissions or access file folder "WindowsApps" on internal secondary HD... 6922d0d4-7403-4c96-8cf9-068aa7133f99?upload=true.png

I've even tried giving myself full access permissions on the hard drive itself but when it got to the "WindowsApps" folder I received the following error:

"Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied."

:)

JoshuelPatterson, Jan 3, 2019

2. How to edit permission of folders in vista

In vista if some software try to copy files or folders to original directory then installation fails or programms cant run due to permission.
    i want to edit permissions of folder ..but cant select any option..
    rightclick on any folder- properties-security-edit-select writre..but i'm unable to edit it.

that's y i'm unable to run some application
    even i'm not able to run emule.

plz solve my problem.

freebird_9924, Jan 3, 2019
  3. j.col70 Win User
    j.col70, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Unable to edit permissions or access file folder "WindowsApps" on internal secondary HD...

Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Hey x509,
    IIRC ... it's not actually a corrupt entry, but a special permission/condition (Exists:WIN://SYSAPPID) for Users(Pc-Name\Users) and shouldn't be removed. If you must change permissions on the WindowsApps folder and/or sub folders/files .... I suggest you get familiar with ICACLS first and save the current WindowsApps Folder / Sub Folders / File permissions to a acl.txt file, so you can restore them in case you break something (which is very likely when messing with permissions)

ICACLS - iCacls - Modify Access Control List - Windows CMD - SS64.com

Eagle51, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Unable to edit permissions or access file folder "WindowsApps" on internal secondary HD...

1. Unable to edit permissions or access file folder "WindowsApps" on internal secondary HD... - Similar Threads - Unable edit permissions

2. WindowsApps folder permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps folder permission: After following the instructions from = WindowsApps folder permission - Microsoft Community , I keep getting this error I'm using Windows11 by the way...I'm actually trying to copy a game downloaded from Microsoft Store to my external hard drive as I want to perform a clean...
  3. WindowsApps folder permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps folder permission: After following the instructions from = WindowsApps folder permission - Microsoft Community , I keep getting this error I'm using Windows11 by the way...I'm actually trying to copy a game downloaded from Microsoft Store to my external hard drive as I want to perform a clean...
  4. Unable to delete/edit WindowsApps folder on an external SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete/edit WindowsApps folder on an external SSD: Issue:I have an external hard drive with a WindowsApps folder on it and I want to modify its contents, or, if that is not possible, delete it outright. I am running Windows 10 version 10.0.19044 Build 19044.Currently, when I attempt to open the WindowsApps folder on the...
  5. Unable to delete/edit WindowsApps folder on an external SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete/edit WindowsApps folder on an external SSD: Issue:I have an external hard drive with a WindowsApps folder on it and I want to modify its contents, or, if that is not possible, delete it outright. I am running Windows 10 version 10.0.19044 Build 19044.Currently, when I attempt to open the WindowsApps folder on the...
  6. Unable to delete/edit WindowsApps folder on an external SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. WindowsApps Folder Permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApps Folder Permissions: After more work than I'm willing to admit, I managed to acquire almost full access to the WindowsApps folder. My issue now is that while I can overwrite and copy files except for executables, for some reason from the folders within such as...
  8. WindowsApps folder permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WindowsApps folder permission: I have a WindowsApps folder taking up a LOT of space on my E:\ external hard drive, I'm fairly certain that the data is not being used by either my laptop or desktop windows OS's as this drive is only used for storing media. Currently I cannot access or delete or otherwise...
  9. WindowsApps Permission Access Issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WindowsApps Permission Access Issue: Recently I changed some permission on my Users folder and started getting this message at startup. [ATTACH] This folder is greyed out and I cannot change permissions on it. It keeps giving me the message that I do not have permission to change this folder, even though I'm...
  10. Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?: I set the Storage option for Windows Store to start installing apps too my D:/ Because of that, it created a folder called WindowsApps. Now it's time that I want to delete that folder, and all access is denied. I tried changing the permissions to my admin account and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 full permission to secondary hd

2. windows 10 folder properties full access folder to secondary hdd

3. permission condision exists win://sysappid

4. microsoft support unable to share files between windows 10 pro and windows 10 home