Windows 10: Unable to eject external hard drive

Discus and support Unable to eject external hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My new computer came with a previous version of windows 10 home a couple weeks ago. I had to download the newer version of Windows 10 in order to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by -.--tj, Feb 18, 2020.

1. -.--tj Win User

Unable to eject external hard drive

My new computer came with a previous version of windows 10 home a couple weeks ago. I had to download the newer version of Windows 10 in order to use the newest versions of Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. Not long after downloading this I started to notice that I was unable to get my external hard drives to eject. I have tried going into the control panel and opening the device manager and uninstalling the hard drive but it did not work. I also pulled up end task to make sure there were no programs running in the background, there were none.

My hard drives are now taking longer to open because of this issue.

Is there another way to fix this?

I cannot go back to the previous version of Windows 10 because of needing to use the above apps, with Lightroom catalogs that cannot go backwards to previous versions of Adobe.

:)

-.--tj, Feb 18, 2020
  2. KRJB Win User

how to eject usb external hard drive

how to eject usb external hard drive that keeps on working

3. Can't eject external hard drive

Every time that I try and eject my Samsung external hard drive, I get a message pop up saying to close any programs using it. I also can't eject using drive tools in File Explorer. I have checked and there is nothing running. I can also eject the hard
    drive in other computers, after using it for basically exactly the same use.

Unable to eject external hard drive e4f0f3bd-f36c-4788-a670-c46b2354f097.png

EmilyFleet, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to eject external hard drive - Similar Threads - Unable eject external

2. Can't eject my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't eject my external hard drive: Hi , I just bought a new computer and I found a weird error . It has windows 11 pro install and I have the latest version .I have a lot of usb port , and two in the front . One work but the other can't eject my external hard drive . Let me explain . On the second usb port ,...
  3. Can't eject my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't eject my external hard drive: Hi , I just bought a new computer and I found a weird error . It has windows 11 pro install and I have the latest version .I have a lot of usb port , and two in the front . One work but the other can't eject my external hard drive . Let me explain . On the second usb port ,...
  4. Unable to eject usb hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to eject usb hard drive: When trying to eject usb mass storage device it is showing that it is in use by other applications. But after disconnected from internet hard drive easily can be ejected. Is there any web related serious issue ?like Ransomware or anything?I have quickheal antivirus...
  5. Unable to eject usb hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to eject usb hard drive: When trying to eject usb mass storage device it is showing that it is in use by other applications. But after disconnected from internet hard drive easily can be ejected. Is there any web related serious issue ?like Ransomware or anything?I have quickheal antivirus...
  6. Unable to eject usb hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Can not eject external hard drive

Can not eject external hard drive: I currently have an external hard drive attached to my computer through a front USB port. When I try to eject it with the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon, it says "This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and...
  8. Can't eject external hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't eject external hard drive: When I try to eject my external hard drive I get the message "This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again." There are no programs using the device in fact, I've restarted the computer 3 times since I got...
  9. Can't eject external hard drive!

Can't eject external hard drive!: Hi, I have a recent issue that when I tried to safely eject external hard drive an error message appear as below: '\Device\Harddiskvolume2\Program Files\Microsoft\MDOP MBAMAgent.exe' is preventing this device from being stopped... I wonder how to fix this issue? Thanks...
  10. Can not eject external hard drive!

Can not eject external hard drive!: Hi, I have a recent issue that when I tried to safely eject external hard drive an error message appear as below: '\Device\Harddiskvolume2\Program Files\Microsoft\MDOP MBAMAgent.exe' is preventing this device from being stopped... I wonder how to fix this issue? Thanks...