Windows 10: Unable to enable BitLocker after clean install of Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to enable BitLocker after clean install of Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello! After upgrading my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10, I created a recovery disk to be able to clean install Windows 10. Rebooting from the Recovery... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Morten695, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Morten695 Win User

Unable to enable BitLocker after clean install of Windows 10

Hello!

After upgrading my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10, I created a recovery disk to be able to clean install Windows 10.

Rebooting from the Recovery Disk, the following happened:

1. BitLocker was disabled

2. TPM clear prompt showed and clicked Yes to continue

3. Normal set-up just like in my other laptops I had a clean install of Windows 10

Now, I have the Windows 10 set-up. I am trying to enable BitLocker again. But I get the following message:

This PC deosn't support entering a BitLocker recovery password during startup. Ask your administrator to configure Windows Recovery Environment so that you can use BitLocker.

I checked the forums on how to enable the Windows Recovery Environment. The ReAgent file found in the Recovery Media's .wim file does not have values for the WinRELocation path but it does not have any zero GUIDs too. The ReAgent file found in the System32 of my computer, have zero GUIDs but no values on the paths.

I tried to enable using Reagentc /enable and I get an error of Windows RE image not found.

Thanks for the help!

:)

Morten695, Sep 3, 2020

2. Unable to enable BitLocker after clean install of Windows 10 [After Windows 10 Release]

Hi Sheila,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

When WinRE is disabled, you cannot enable BitLocker, and you receive an error message that resembles the following.

This PC doesn't support entering a BitLocker recovery password during startup. Ask your administrator to configure Windows Recovery Environment so that you can use BitLocker.

You may check the link mentioned below as a reference.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2952359?wa=wsignin1.0

Also I would suggest you to refer the below link and follow the suggestion of gisle replied on June 1, 2015:

Unable to Enable Bitlocker on Clean Install (Build 10074 and 10122)

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 4, 2020

3. Unable to enable BitLocker after clean install of Windows 10 [After Windows 10 Release]

Hi Sheila,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

When WinRE is disabled, you cannot enable BitLocker, and you receive an error message that resembles the following.

This PC doesn't support entering a BitLocker recovery password during startup. Ask your administrator to configure Windows Recovery Environment so that you can use BitLocker.

You may check the link mentioned below as a reference.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2952359?wa=wsignin1.0

Also I would suggest you to refer the below link and follow the suggestion of gisle replied on June 1, 2015:

Unable to Enable Bitlocker on Clean Install (Build 10074 and 10122)

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Unable to enable BitLocker on Windows 10.

Original title: Win 10 Clean Install Cannot enable Bitlocker

Hi

Trying to do a clean install of Win10 Pro on a new Lenovo M700 Tiny machine. Win 10 OS Build 10586.218, version 1511

Cannot activate Bitlocker. Run thru turning on Bitlocker, saving key backup to USB, encrypt entire drive, using new encryption, select test Bitlocker encryption, reboot, bitlocker fails: "Bitlocker could not be enabled. The Bitlocker Encryption
    key cannot be obtained from the Trusted Platform Module".

Have tried:

• Checked TPM.msc. TPM is recognized, activated, owned etc

• Deactivated TPM in BIOS, rebooted, logged in, verified off in TPM.msc, rebooted, reactivated in BIOS, TPM.msc sees functioning TPM, still fails same error

• Cleared and reactivated TPM using TPM.msc. Same error

• Formatted and reinstalled Win10 3 times. Recreated the Win10 USB install "disk" using the media creation tool for 1 attempt. Same issue each time.

• All Lenovo driver & BIOS updates installed using Thinkvantage Tools. All MS Win 10 updates installed

Any help appreciated

boatasiaus, Sep 4, 2020
  5. Unable to enable BitLocker after clean install of Windows 10

Unable to enable BitLocker on Windows 10.

Original title: Win 10 Clean Install Cannot enable Bitlocker

Hi

Trying to do a clean install of Win10 Pro on a new Lenovo M700 Tiny machine. Win 10 OS Build 10586.218, version 1511

Cannot activate Bitlocker. Run thru turning on Bitlocker, saving key backup to USB, encrypt entire drive, using new encryption, select test Bitlocker encryption, reboot, bitlocker fails: "Bitlocker could not be enabled. The Bitlocker Encryption
    key cannot be obtained from the Trusted Platform Module".

Have tried:

• Checked TPM.msc. TPM is recognized, activated, owned etc

• Deactivated TPM in BIOS, rebooted, logged in, verified off in TPM.msc, rebooted, reactivated in BIOS, TPM.msc sees functioning TPM, still fails same error

• Cleared and reactivated TPM using TPM.msc. Same error

• Formatted and reinstalled Win10 3 times. Recreated the Win10 USB install "disk" using the media creation tool for 1 attempt. Same issue each time.

• All Lenovo driver & BIOS updates installed using Thinkvantage Tools. All MS Win 10 updates installed

Any help appreciated

boatasiaus, Sep 4, 2020
  6. Morten695 Win User

Hello!

After upgrading my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10, I created a recovery disk to be able to clean install Windows 10.

3. Normal set-up (just like in my other laptops I had a clean install of Windows 10)

Now, I have the Windows 10 set-up. I am trying to enable BitLocker again. But I get the following message:

This PC deosn't support entering a BitLocker recovery password during startup. Ask your administrator to configure Windows Recovery Environment so that you can use BitLocker.

I checked the forums on how to enable the Windows Recovery Environment. The ReAgent file found in the Recovery Media's .wim file does not have values for the WinRELocation path but it does not have any zero GUIDs too. The ReAgent file found in the System32
    of my computer, have zero GUIDs but no values on the paths.

I tried to enable using Reagentc /enable and I get an error of Windows RE image not found.

Thanks for the help!

Morten695, Sep 4, 2020
  7. Morten695 Win User

Hello!

3. Normal set-up (just like in my other laptops I had a clean install of Windows 10)

I checked the forums on how to enable the Windows Recovery Environment. The ReAgent file found in the Recovery Media's .wim file does not have values for the WinRELocation path but it does not have any zero GUIDs too. The ReAgent file found in the System32
    of my computer, have zero GUIDs but no values on the paths.

Thanks for the help!

Morten695, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to enable BitLocker after clean install of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable enable BitLocker

2. Unable to enable BitLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enable BitLocker: While enabling bitlocker getting error, screenshot attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-enable-bitlocker/1664feef-f130-43b1-833f-d19c3d4b99b4
  3. Unable to enable BitLocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enable BitLocker: While enabling bitlocker getting error, screenshot attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-enable-bitlocker/1664feef-f130-43b1-833f-d19c3d4b99b4
  4. Unable to enable BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unable To Clean Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable To Clean Install: pretty sure my computer is remote access hacked and I cant clean install , I have most permissions except the important ones such as deleting specific system 32 folders and more , I tried to clean install and it just goes back to the same setup I have now , there is a ton of...
  6. Unable to clean install windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to clean install windows 10?: I'll start from the beginning. I just built my computer, and i used 2 hard drives, one fresh, and one from my old computer with windows 8.1. I decided to upgrade to windows 10, but when i did so i had extreme issues with my computer Blue screen of death, start menu...
  7. Windows 10 Clean install stuck with BitLocker

Windows 10 Clean install stuck with BitLocker: Hi All, I received a used laptop from a friend which was purchased from an auction. Its (Lenovo ThinkPad T450) currently using Win 10 but Im trying to clean install Win 10 on it with using a bootable USB I created and used on other devices. However, when I tried to press...
  8. Clean Install with Bitlocker On

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean Install with Bitlocker On: Hello! I have a laptop with Bitlocker activated on it. I'm going to pass the device to my brother and will do a clean install with media creation tool. Do I have to deactivate Bitlocker before doing so? I don't mind loosing all my data since it's backed up. Will I have...
  9. Unable to perform a Windows 10 Clean Install

Unable to perform a Windows 10 Clean Install: Because my PC has many issues I want to do a clean install. However, I am having the following issue. When I go to start the install to my PC C drive, I get this error message. "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table, Windows...
  10. Enabling UEFI Mode AFTER clean install of Win10?

Enabling UEFI Mode AFTER clean install of Win10?: I already did a clean install of Win10 on my Dell laptop which does seem to support UEFI mode when I went through the BIOS setup screen. My current BIOS setup is using the Legacy BIOS mode. My question is, if I do decide to enable UEFI with Secure Boot, will I need to...