Windows 10: Unable to enable built-in administrator account again windows 10 home

Discus and support Unable to enable built-in administrator account again windows 10 home in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, im Arturo. After enabling the built-in administrator account i loged in to that account and opened control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArturoFabian, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Unable to enable built-in administrator account again windows 10 home

Hi, im Arturo.
    After enabling the built-in administrator account i loged in to that account and opened control panel>UserAccounts>UserAccounts>ManageAnotherAccount. i set the administrator account, from wich i enabled the built-in administrator account, as a standard account, then i loged out and loged in in that standard account and opend the command line as administrator, of course, after i have enterded the administrator credentials.

I ran the command for disabling the administrator account and from the moment i close that cmd session im Unable to enable the built-in administrator account again. Whenever i try to do administratives tasks such as install software, change windows settings or even run the cmd as an administrator again, the UAC pop-up will only advice me that i have to be an administrator but it wont let me entered any credentials.

How can i enable the administrator account again?

:)

ArturoFabian, Jan 17, 2019

2. Can't Open Built In Apps Using The Administrator Account WITH WINDOWS 10 HOME

Hello Leon,

As you are unable to access built-in application this issue might have because of enabling built-in administrator account.

Do let us know if the issue specific only with Alarms & Clock app?

I suggest you to do the following to disable the built-in administrator account:

Steps to: Disable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)

Also, I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 17, 2019
  3. unable to log in to Windows 10 administrator account

In this case, we suggest that you to enable the built in administrator account on your computer. Using the hidden administrator account, you can set the standard user back into an administrator account. Follow the steps below to easily enable the built in
    administrator account:

• Open an elevated Command Prompt by pressing Windows + X then select
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • On the Command Prompt, type Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • Close the Command Prompt. The built in administrator account can now be accessed by clicking your user name on Start and then click on
      Administrator account. The Administrator account will also appear on the login screen.
    Note: To disable the built administrator account, simply type Net user administrator /active:no on elevated
    Command Prompt, as this is not advised to use be used as the a normal administrator account.

We're glad to assist if you have further concerns.

Darleen Pen, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

Unable to enable built-in administrator account again windows 10 home

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Unable to enable  built-in administrator account again windows 10 home :(

Zakin, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Unable to enable built-in administrator account again windows 10 home

1. Unable to enable built-in administrator account again windows 10 home - Similar Threads - Unable enable built

2. Cannot sign in after enabling built-in administrator account no accounts displayed at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign in after enabling built-in administrator account no accounts displayed at startup: Hello,My issueI am running Windows 10 64-bit but I cannot sign in. Windows starts normally until sign in screen, where there are no accounts displayed. I see only the sign-in page background image and the menu options, with no account to click on.Here is what I did that...
  3. Cannot sign in after enabling built-in administrator account no accounts displayed at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot sign in after enabling built-in administrator account no accounts displayed at startup: Hello,My issueI am running Windows 10 64-bit but I cannot sign in. Windows starts normally until sign in screen, where there are no accounts displayed. I see only the sign-in page background image and the menu options, with no account to click on.Here is what I did that...
  4. Cannot sign in after enabling built-in administrator account no accounts displayed at startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Cannot enable Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account: I cannot enable "User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account" to allow OneDrive context menus. What should I do?...
  6. Cannot enable Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account: I cannot enable "User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account" to allow OneDrive context menus. What should I do?...
  7. How to enable the Built-in administrator account from local user account[not local...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to enable the Built-in administrator account from local user account[not local...: How to built-in administrator enable the account from user account.....? I tried following command but getting below error. [ATTACH] Can you give the solution to fix the issue....
  8. Windows 10 built-in administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 built-in administrator account: I can't access my Microsoft Store because of the built-in administrator account. Please how can i resolve this issue on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-built-in-administrator-account/696a0530-4eac-4348-9029-ec27f7b74a57
  9. Built in administrator account

Built in administrator account: I've been using Windows 10 since the auto update from 8.1 Everything has worked since then, but then this happens. Randomly in the last days, if I click on any app, I get prompted "App cannot be opened using the built-in administrator account." I don't know where...
  10. Windows 10 Built-in administrator account problems

Windows 10 Built-in administrator account problems: i have a clean install of windows 10 pro, before i had a windows 7 and was using the built-in administrator account without problems. now in windows 10 i'm using the built in administrator account but facing problems 1) if i leave the "security settings==>local...