Windows 10: Unable to enable file and printer sharing in year 2021 ...

Discus and support Unable to enable file and printer sharing in year 2021 ... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there,I don't know why I can't enable file and printer sharing... pretty annoying. Please help me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MathieuLeclerc1, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Unable to enable file and printer sharing in year 2021 ...

Hi there,I don't know why I can't enable file and printer sharing... pretty annoying. Please help me.

:)

MathieuLeclerc1, Apr 22, 2021
  2. Ernie San Win User

Unable to enable File and Printer sharing. (Keeps going back to "Turned off")

Hello Jochem,

Usually, if your computer unable to turn on the file and printing sharing, the issue may arise due to your privacy settings requiring a modification. For better assistance, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Can you send a screenshot of the error message that you're getting when trying to enable file and printer sharing? You may use Snipping Tool for sending a screen capture. To do so, click
      here.
    • When did you successfully enable file and printer sharing?
    • Can you give the troubleshooting steps that you have tried?

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Karen Her Win User
    turning on file and printer sharing windows 10

Thank you for the update. What we can suggest now is to turn on File and Printer sharing in Command Prompt. Here are the steps to do it:

• Leave File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks turned
      on.
    • Type CMD in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
    • Type netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=Yes, and hit
      Enter.
    • Exit from the command prompt, and check if it will work.

If issue persists, try turning it on using Powershell, and check if it works. Here are the steps:

• Leave File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks turned
      on.
    • Type Powershell in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell, and select
      Run as Administrator
    • Type netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=Yes, and hit
      Enter.
    • Close PowerShell.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Apr 22, 2021
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Unable to enable file and printer sharing in year 2021 ...

Can't share printer—getting error message

Yeah, I have windows firewall disabled, and I don't use any other firewall... mostly to prevent stupid issues like this.

None taken... and yeah, I do.

Thema:

Unable to enable file and printer sharing in year 2021 ...

1. Unable to enable file and printer sharing in year 2021 ... - Similar Threads - Unable enable file

2. Unable to Share Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Share Files: Hi,I have a new install of Windows 10 V 22H2, and I have been unable to set it up to share its files on our LAN.These are my Advanced Sharing Settings:Private Profile - Network Discovery ON Auto Setup ON File & Printer Sharing ONGuest or Public Profile Same as...
  3. Unable to Share Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Share Files: Hi,I have a new install of Windows 10 V 22H2, and I have been unable to set it up to share its files on our LAN.These are my Advanced Sharing Settings:Private Profile - Network Discovery ON Auto Setup ON File & Printer Sharing ONGuest or Public Profile Same as...
  4. Unable to access shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access shared printer: When i am trying to connect with shared printer keeps getting User ID and password prompt to get connect. I have turned off network discovery password protection. Tried to the partner host administrator password but no luck,...
  5. Unable to access shared printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access shared printer: When i am trying to connect with shared printer keeps getting User ID and password prompt to get connect. I have turned off network discovery password protection. Tried to the partner host administrator password but no luck,...
  6. Unable to access shared printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Unable to connect to shared printer

Unable to connect to shared printer: I have posted this problem before and have not cured it yet. I have two Windows 10 PCs on a local network that used to share printers on the old Homegroup arrangement. Both PCs have printers setup to be shared. Both PCs are on version 20H2 now. Lets call them PC A and PC B...
  8. File and Printer Sharing

File and Printer Sharing: I've just down a clean install of the latest version of windows 10 v1909, I cannot turn on File and Printer sharing on a private network. I use a NAS and I cannot see it in my network. Any thoughts would be appreciated....
  9. Why enable file and printer sharing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why enable file and printer sharing?: Why enable file and printer sharing ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/why-enable-file-and-printer-sharing/c186817e-7957-45d2-adab-aa9fa38ef923"
  10. Unable to share printer

Unable to share printer: Hi I have a new Windows 10 system (A) which has a printer attached. I'm trying to share the printer with another computer (B) also running windows 10, both computers can see each other on the network but when B tries to look at A it gets a message that it can't access A....