Windows 10: Unable to enable HDR

Discus and support Unable to enable HDR in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Thunderbolt 3 Dock with a nVidia RTX2060, and a Samsung Odyssey G9. My Dell Latitude 7410 allows enabling HDR, my Razer Blade 13 Late 2019... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nick_whatever, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Unable to enable HDR

Hi, I have a Thunderbolt 3 Dock with a nVidia RTX2060, and a Samsung Odyssey G9. My Dell Latitude 7410 allows enabling HDR, my Razer Blade 13 Late 2019 does not. Both up to Date Windows 10, both connected to the same GPU, the same Monitor. One with HDR, one without. None of the basic tips helped. What am I doing wrong?

:)

Nick_whatever, Oct 26, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to enable HDR

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I see that you have posted your query in Romanian language. I would like to inform that you have reached the English support forum. For better clarity, we would appreciate if you could post your query in English.

Upon translating the query, I understand that you are unable to enable HDR on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

I would suggest you to refer the Fixing common problems
    section from the article HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

One of the things you can try is updating the Graphics Card drivers and see if that helps.

However, upon researching further, I found that HDR can only be enabled if the Graphics Card or Motherboard that you are using supports HDMI 2.0 or DisplayPort 1.4 or higher. If your Graphics card or Motherboard doesn’t support any of these features,
    you may not be able to enable HDR.

If you wish to receive support in Romanian language, you can certainly get in touch with our Live Customer support team and they will assist you further. Please refer the article
    Global Customer Service phone numbers to get the Customer support
    number as per your country

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 26, 2021
  3. Unable to enable HDR on BenQ EW277HDR

Just in case - there appears to be an on/off switch for HDR on the front bottom of the monitor - can you check that HDR is enabled.

auggy [Directly], Oct 26, 2021
  4. Sharif-4 Win User

Unable to enable HDR

Unable to enable HDR on BenQ EW277HDR

Tried that, it just puts the monitor in emulation mode instead.

The setting is still greyed out in display settings even with it is at HDR mode

Sharif-4, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

Unable to enable HDR

1. Unable to enable HDR - Similar Threads - Unable enable HDR

2. enabling hdr in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enabling hdr in windows 11: My system configuration is AMD processor 5900x with 500gb nvme, ram 32gb. And graphics caard is GT730, Tried many but no use. I want hdr to be emabled. My monitor is 4k Latest samsung M7 Smart Monitor which is recently launched in monitor. I want want to watch content in hdr...
  3. Unable to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enable HDR: Hi, I have a Thunderbolt 3 Dock with a nVidia RTX2060, and a Samsung Odyssey G9. My Dell Latitude 7410 allows enabling HDR, my Razer Blade 13 Late 2019 does not. Both up to Date Windows 10, both connected to the same GPU, the same Monitor. One with HDR, one without. None of...
  4. Unable to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enable HDR: Hi, I have a Thunderbolt 3 Dock with a nVidia RTX2060, and a Samsung Odyssey G9. My Dell Latitude 7410 allows enabling HDR, my Razer Blade 13 Late 2019 does not. Both up to Date Windows 10, both connected to the same GPU, the same Monitor. One with HDR, one without. None of...
  5. Can't enable hdr

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't enable hdr: Hi, I can't seem to enable hdr on windows 10. The option to enable should be under the 'windows hd color' settings of the display settings page however the sliders are not present to enable hdr and all hdr capabilities are set as 'No'. I had the same problem last time I...
  6. Can't enable hdr

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't enable hdr: Hi, I can't seem to enable hdr on windows 10. The option to enable should be under the 'windows hd color' settings of the display settings page however the sliders are not present to enable hdr and all hdr capabilities are set as 'No'. I had the same problem last time I...
  7. How to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable HDR: I recently purchased a windows 10 computer with intel intergrated graphics card UHD 620. I have the kaby lake R and upgraded to Win10 1909 version. I go to the video settings and I have no options to enable or turn on HDR. It just says 8 bit no HDR. How do I get or enable...
  8. Cant enable HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant enable HDR: Right so I have a TV which is HDR capable TV Specs : https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/6f4ad6a hooked up to my PC via an HDMI which I believe should be at least 2.0 link to the cable:...
  9. Enable HDR in games but not Desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enable HDR in games but not Desktop?: Is there a flag anywhere that would allow HDR in games without enabling the desktop HDR mode? Destiny 2 is able to go into HDR mode without me turning it on the destop. But other games like Modern Warfare 2019 and Red Dead Redemption 2 don't even have the option unless I turn...
  10. Unable to enable HDR on BenQ EW277HDR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to enable HDR on BenQ EW277HDR: This display is HDR10 capable, connected with the provided HDMI 2.0 cable and installed monitor driver (Tried different high speed cable as well, not sure on the version, still no luck.) Hardware wise I meet the requirement with HDMI 2.0 port and intel 630 dealing with...