Windows 10: Unable to enable .Net 3.5 in Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to enable .Net 3.5 in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, I'm unable to enable .NET 3.5 via Windows Features, Windows Update, offline download and DISM. I received error 0x80070002. I've already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KhairulNashran, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Unable to enable .Net 3.5 in Windows 10

Hi All,

I'm unable to enable .NET 3.5 via Windows Features, Windows Update, offline download and DISM. I received error 0x80070002. I've already tried a lot of things posted here and some other sites.

Additionally I also unable to do any Windows Update with the same error. How can I get in contact with Technical Support for Windows Home version. This thing have tied up my work quite some time now.

Appreciate the insight.

Thanks,

Khairul

:)

KhairulNashran, Oct 20, 2020
  2. simrick Win User

Windows 10 unable to install .NET 3.5

Hi.
    Installing .NET Framework 3.5 is Windows 10 is achieved this way:

Right-click on the Start button and select Control Panel>Programs and Features

Select Turn Windows Features On or Off

Unable to enable .Net 3.5 in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Expand the .Net Framework 3.5 by clicking on the plus sign

Unable to enable .Net 3.5 in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Check the boxes that you require. Click OK. Reboot and it should be installed.

simrick, Oct 20, 2020
  3. das10 Win User
    Unable to download any framework for .net - (error code 0x80070002)

OK, the Windows 10 Feature installation method should have been straightforward, but since that errored out as well, something else seems to be going on with your Windows, so wait for somebody with more experience to suggest a way out.

In the mean time, if you haven't already, you could give muchomurka's suggestion a go as well with the elevated prompt and an install media to see if it works. The following link shows the detailed steps involved.

Offline install of .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 using DISM

das10, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Unable to enable .Net 3.5 in Windows 10

How to enable .Net Framework 3.5 (& 2.0) on Windows 10.

Hello,

Try the DISM method to enable .NET Framework 3.5 on your system.

Please refer following step-by-step guide:

[How To] Enable .NET Framework 3.5 On Windows 10

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Unable to enable .Net 3.5 in Windows 10

1. Unable to enable .Net 3.5 in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable enable Net

2. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  3. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  4. .NET 3 and 5 update failures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET 3 and 5 update failures: I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and I'm trying to update my copies of .NET 3 and .NET 5. I need these current for my Python work. Every time that Windows Update tries to update these, it fails. I've tried running each singularly or together. Same results. Rebooting and...
  5. .NET 3 and 5 update failures

.NET 3 and 5 update failures: I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and I'm trying to update my copies of .NET 3 and .NET 5. I need these current for my Python work. Every time that Windows Update tries to update these, it fails. I've tried running each singularly or together. Same results. Rebooting and...
  6. .net 5

.net 5: Hello, While opening "HandBrake" program to add subtitle to a movie, got a notice there is an update to the program. Downloaded the update and tried to work with it, but it gave me a notice this program needs .NET. In the notice is a link to download this .NET, version 5.0.9....
  7. Unable to enable .NET Framework

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to enable .NET Framework: I am not able to Run some exe files on my windows Error I am getting when I run those exe files: Filename.exe - .NET Framework Initialization Error To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v4.0 Contact your...
  8. Unable to enable .NET Framework

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to enable .NET Framework: I need to use NetFramework 4.0 for a program ScanSpeeder. I have tried selecting it in Windows Features, but everytime it becomes unchecked. If I try to install a fresh download of NetFramework, I get an error message saying it is already installed and I need to turn it on in...
  9. Introducing .NET 5

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing .NET 5: Today, we’re announcing that the next release after .NET Core 3.0 will be .NET 5. This will be the next big release in the .NET family.There will be just one .NET going forward, and you will be able to use it to target Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, Android, tvOS, watchOS and...
  10. Unable to enable Net BIOS over TCP/IP in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to enable Net BIOS over TCP/IP in PowerShell: Hi, I cant work out how to enable tcp ip in powershell. i can change it in the network adapter settings but it still shows disabled when i ipconfig /all. Im trying to get my desktop to see my laptop and NAS that is on the network. my laptop can see everything fine. Ive...