Windows 10: Unable to enable Net BIOS over TCP/IP in PowerShell

Discus and support Unable to enable Net BIOS over TCP/IP in PowerShell in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I cant work out how to enable tcp ip in powershell. i can change it in the network adapter settings but it still shows disabled when i ipconfig... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MrJezbo, Sep 21, 2018.

1. MrJezbo Win User

Unable to enable Net BIOS over TCP/IP in PowerShell

Hi,

I cant work out how to enable tcp ip in powershell. i can change it in the network adapter settings but it still shows disabled when i ipconfig /all.

Im trying to get my desktop to see my laptop and NAS that is on the network. my laptop can see everything fine.

Ive enabled more services than i can count and still no luck.

Im just wondering if its got something to do with the ability to enable tcp ip?

Any help thanks

:)

MrJezbo, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Cortana Won't Connect

Hi,

To better assist you, what are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far? Have you tried
    resetting and re-configuring
    your
    TCP/IP Settings? If not, we suggest that you do so. Kindly perform these
    methods of troubleshooting and check if Cortana can connect to the internet after performing these methods:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your Network Connection.

Method 2:
    Reconfigure TCP/IP

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Windows 10 - Extremely slow WIFI

Hi Joanne,

There are a lot of possible causes for this issue to occurred. And since
    resetting your TCP/IP
    did not work. We suggest that you
    Reconfigure your TCP/IP
    and check if there's any changes.

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh
        int
        tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh
        int
        tcp
        set global
        autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh
        int
        tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 21, 2018
  4. AnasWally Win User

Resetting the TCP/IP

Hey, out of curiosity a few days ago I had installed the windows fix it tool (forgot the exact number) and I reset it automatically as it turns out it wasn't the tcp/ip issure gong on so i'm just a little paranoid if I missed something up even thought
    the tcp/ip was working just fine? any idea what else does the tcp ip reset tool do? thanks!

AnasWally, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to enable Net BIOS over TCP/IP in PowerShell - Similar Threads - Unable enable Net

2. NET USE command TCP/IP printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NET USE command TCP/IP printer: HiI have an DOS program which needs to print to network printer. The printer is:installed in my pc windows 11 and, is directly connected to the network and,has its own IP address and, set as default printer and shared. The printer is connected using TCP/IP and works fine when...
  3. NET USE command TCP/IP printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NET USE command TCP/IP printer: HiI have an DOS program which needs to print to network printer. The printer is:installed in my pc windows 11 and, is directly connected to the network and,has its own IP address and, set as default printer and shared. The printer is connected using TCP/IP and works fine when...
  4. TCP/IP interface metric issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TCP/IP interface metric issue: There is a common issue the company I work at recently has had. The issue begins when we move an associate to work using our new VPN solution and then the interface metric of that VPN's TAP adapter matches the interface metric of their wired ethernet connection.We resolve...
  5. NetBIOS over Tcp/IP - Do I want this enabled?

NetBIOS over Tcp/IP - Do I want this enabled?: On previous versions of Windows, I've always disabled NetBIOS over Tcp/IP. Are we still doing that? I'm on a stand alone computer, with all Sharing disabled. No network, no printers. As far as I know I have no programs that require it. What is the current thinking on this?...
  6. Unable to enable .NET Framework

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to enable .NET Framework: I am not able to Run some exe files on my windows Error I am getting when I run those exe files: Filename.exe - .NET Framework Initialization Error To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v4.0 Contact your...
  7. How to enable or disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on Windows 10: [ATTACH]NetBIOS or Network Basic Input/Output System is an API used in Windows when DNS […] This article How to enable or disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Unable to enable .NET Framework

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to enable .NET Framework: I need to use NetFramework 4.0 for a program ScanSpeeder. I have tried selecting it in Windows Features, but everytime it becomes unchecked. If I try to install a fresh download of NetFramework, I get an error message saying it is already installed and I need to turn it on in...
  9. GPO to Hide only the DNS IP in TCP/IP Properties

GPO to Hide only the DNS IP in TCP/IP Properties: Hi, Is there a way to hide or disabled and not giving the user the privileges to change the DNS IP settings in TCP/IP properties. Can GPO be used in this case. Regards, Saras Chander.E...
  10. VPN TCP/IP 4 properties

VPN TCP/IP 4 properties: unable to select the TCP/IP 4 properties on the vpn connection. I am able to select the network properties tab, however when I try to select the properties button for the tcp 4 properties nothing happens. I need to be able to change the dns option for my vpn. I have tried it...