Windows 10: Unable to enable Preview Builds plus two other annoyancies

Discus and support Unable to enable Preview Builds plus two other annoyancies in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm an Insider and when Microsoft first offered users to upgrade their PCs to the first build of Windows 10, I signed up and installed the build. Up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sickmetal, Mar 22, 2016.

1. sickmetal Win User

Unable to enable Preview Builds plus two other annoyancies

I'm an Insider and when Microsoft first offered users to upgrade their PCs to the first build of Windows 10, I signed up and installed the build. Up til a few days ago, I had no issues save for a mysterious condition in which my PC failed to wake from sleep or fully reboot, explained more later. I decided to do a reset and the first time my PC rebooted, it didn't complete so I had to manually power cycle the PC; this happened a few times. Eventually my PC displayed a Welcome page (where you setup the PC before actually using it). The problem was that my mouse (wireless) and keyboard (wired) weren't usable. So I got out my USB stick and did a restore but of course I accidentally picked "Format" so it erased the drive.

Issues:
    1. The inability to use my keyboard/mouse after a reset is annoying and Microsoft can't help.
    2. Why my PC will not reboot/wake up all the time is also annoying.
    3. I'm no longer able to enable Preview Builds.

Things I've tried:
    - Verifying the registry (see attachment)
    - Verify the service Background Intelligent Transfer is running
    - Windows Update is set to Automatic but after a reboot, it's never started.

Any useful help is appreciated.

:)

sickmetal, Mar 22, 2016

2. Getting error message" There’s a problem with getting preview builds... Your preview build settings need attention. Go to advanced options to fix this issue"

Original title: Unable to get Windows 10 preview builds

I am unable to get the laest windows 10 insider builds. I have enabled the option to get preview builds . But whenever I check the windows update it displays this message.

"There’s a problem with getting preview builds... Your preview build settings need attention. Go to advanced options to fix this issue."

I have tried the option "Fix Me" in advanced settings and restarted the computer but the problem still persists.

AnirudhSheoran, Mar 22, 2016
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    Win10 stuck on build 10240

Machine was running insider builds until pre 29th july.

Two weeks before that it was upgraded to the public release.

Have stayed in the insider program, but no new builds where arriving

( slow ring ).

Opted out of previews still not getting os updates, patches

are working fine.

Another win10 pc has been getting updates to the os plus

updates, can see this with the start menu and some other things.

kjl1956, Mar 22, 2016
Thema:

Unable to enable Preview Builds plus two other annoyancies

1. Unable to enable Preview Builds plus two other annoyancies - Similar Threads - Unable enable Preview

2. Windows Preview Builds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Preview Builds: My new PC has received several Preview Builds in Windows Updates over the last 36 hours. The only fix cough cough that I have found is to go to Windows Update > Windows Insider Program and either uncheck Preview Builds or unenroll from the program. I am not a member of the...
  3. preview builds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    preview builds: i cant turn my diagnosic data to full so i can get preview builds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-builds/bfc4efaf-e001-472d-8e0e-94af337c8384
  4. insider preview builds

insider preview builds: i have tried multiple time to disable the insider preview builds but after i do and leave the page and go back the settings have reverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-preview-builds/e7124306-1cee-4430-925e-0a91a104ccd4
  5. Two annoyances since 1809

Two annoyances since 1809: Hi folks, Looked around a lot and no fixes for either. Both of these started upon install of 1809 update. NOTE: SFC, all of the usual cut and past recommendations do nothing. Others have both issues. Here are my annoyances: Error 1534 User Profile Numerous Events...
  6. Moto g5s plus muted sounds annoying!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Moto g5s plus muted sounds annoying!!: Can anyone tell me how to unmute my three sounds on the pull down window only one works at a time. ring, media or alarms. im missing so many calls ect ect thank you for your help....
  7. Build 1809 update annoyances

Build 1809 update annoyances: Just an observation when the update from 1803 to 1809 finally completed on my various devices: 1) Graphic driver on my HP Spectre X360 laptop got replaced - why? I reinstalled the driver from HP which works fine for 1809 just like it worked for 1803 - why would the update...
  8. Hamachi and preview builds

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hamachi and preview builds: Seems like every preview build completely resets the networking components. So after a installing 10565 build, I had to uninstall / reinstall logmein hamachi to get it to work again. Funny thing, the disk cleanup tool could not completely remove the windows.old folder...
  9. Windows Preview build .. ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Preview build .. ?: Hello all I just check windows update and found this : [img] What is windows preview ? ..should I uninstall it ..? Thanks . 16939
  10. Unable to Preview Builds

Unable to Preview Builds: Going through the process to Preview Builds - get error: Failed to check for new preview build, please try again later. 0x80248014 Ideas? Regards, 2573