Windows 10: Unable to enable Print to PDF Option

Discus and support Unable to enable Print to PDF Option in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been facing trouble with the Print To PDF feature for the last few weeks. So, I disabled the option from Windows Features and now I am unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NishaChuri, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Unable to enable Print to PDF Option

I have been facing trouble with the Print To PDF feature for the last few weeks. So, I disabled the option from Windows Features and now I am unable to enable to option. I get the following error. I saw a resolution for this error on the Microsoft support page but I am unable to locate MS .NET framework folder. Your help is appreciated. Unable to enable Print to PDF Option 24b6b108-7e37-4af6-8145-a3786ddc1381?upload=true.png

:)

NishaChuri, Jul 15, 2020

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Unable To Use Microsofft Print To PDF Options.

Hi Dashrender,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Is the computer connected to any Domain Network?
    2. How many user accounts are present on your computer?
    3. Are you facing this issue only with the option Microsoft Print to PDF?

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:
    Checking For Windows Updates.

Check if your Windows is up-to-date by going to
    Settings > Update and Security > Windows Updates and install all the Windows Updates if there are any.

If the Windows is up-to-date, then follow
    Method 2.

Method 2:
    Reinstalling Microsoft Print to PDF Feature.

1. Click on the Start Menu > Search for Turn Windows features on or off > Hit
      Enter.
    2. Then, search for Microsoft Print to PDF and uncheck the box > Click on
      Apply > OK.
    3. Restart the computer once > Again, go to
      Turn Windows features on or off
      and check box the option
      Microsoft Print to PDF > Click on Apply >
      OK
    4. Restart the computer once and check if you are able to use this feature.

If you are still facing the same issue, then follow
    Method 2.

Method 3:
    Using The System File Checker Tool.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    System File Checker Tool
    to repair any
    missing or corrupted system files.

Once you follow the steps from the above article, check if you are still unable to use the Microsoft Print to PDF option.

If you are still unable to use the Microsoft Print to PDF option, then follow
    Method 3.

Method 4:
    Checking The Issue In New Administrator User Account.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

and create a new administrator user account.

Once you have created the new user account, then check if you are able to use the Microsoft Print to PDF option from Settings.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after performing the above troubleshooting steps, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Unable to enable Print to PDF Option

unable to select Microsoft Print to PDF, as the driver is not available

I have been unable to install/repair Microsoft Print to PDF. After working my way through several online suggestions, including:

SFC scan, DISM scan, making sure .NET framework was enabled, using the windows 10 update troubleshooter and resetting the windows update components I was finally able to activate Microsoft Print to PDF within the "Turn Windows features on and off" only after
    I turned off the print spooler. Then and only then was I able to select the Microsoft Print to PDF in the windows features and then have it successfully load.

The problem now is that if I go into add device and then select printer not listed and try to add a new local printer, if I select Microsoft as the printer, the option of Print to PDF is not listed. In other words, the driver for Microsoft Print
    to PDF is not listed as an option
    . Any help on how to reinstall/repair this?

thanks,

AmosDeinard, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Unable to enable Print to PDF Option

1. Unable to enable Print to PDF Option - Similar Threads - Unable enable Print

2. Can't Save to PDF in the print option.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Save to PDF in the print option.: Hello Microsoft. I can't seem to save to PDF from my print option. even though i see the option to save to PDF, but when I select that option and click on print. nothing happen....
  3. Can't Save to PDF in the print option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Save to PDF in the print option.: Hello Microsoft. I can't seem to save to PDF from my print option. even though i see the option to save to PDF, but when I select that option and click on print. nothing happen....
  4. Can't Save to PDF in the print option.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Print to PDF unable to work

Microsoft Print to PDF unable to work: Hi all, Microsoft Print to PDF is not working on my Windows 10 machine. When it prompts for filename, it will prompt twice, and the output file is 0 bytes. I have tried all methods which I found online, which includes: 1 Remove the printer, reboot, reinstall printer. 2...
  6. Unable to print PDF file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to print PDF file: I have received an error 800F0922 when trying to print PDF file using print-to-PDF feature. I tried to reinstall this feature but failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-print-pdf-file/1a6b754f-889d-4cba-9493-06a5b99d2682
  7. Unable to print PDF file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to print PDF file: I have received an error 800F0922 when trying to print PDF file using print-to-PDF feature. I tried to reinstall this feature but failed. Suggest a way to fix this......
  8. Cannot print to PDF - option missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot print to PDF - option missing: Unable to print to PDF, no Print to PDF option exists. I only have the One Note 10 and my actual printer. What can I do? -Windows 10 feature is already installed (https://imgur.com/P7fK9I7) -Microsoft Print to PDF is missing from printer drivers (https://imgur.com/ADrTevL)...
  9. Unable To Use Microsofft Print To PDF Options.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable To Use Microsofft Print To PDF Options.: [ATTACH] As seen here, when I visit Settings > Devices > Printers and Faxes, when I click a printer it doesn't drop the printer below it down beyond the Open queue and Manage buttons therefore I can't click on them. I can use the tab button to highlight those buttons,...
  10. Unable to print to PDF

Unable to print to PDF: Hi Everyone, i updated my laptop to Windows 10 and I have been unable to print to PDF. I have tried using Adobe Acrobat, Cute PDF Writer, and PDFlite. All of them have an error which varies per application, however they all generally say they are unable to print. For...