Windows 10: Unable to enable Secure Boot.

Discus and support Unable to enable Secure Boot. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently downloaded FIFA 23 on my Lenovo Legion 5i Windows 11. When I started the game it said, "Secure Boot is not enabled on this machine". I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MA105343, Sep 28, 2022.

1. MA105343 Win User

Unable to enable Secure Boot.

I recently downloaded FIFA 23 on my Lenovo Legion 5i Windows 11. When I started the game it said, "Secure Boot is not enabled on this machine". I googled this issue and found instructions that would allow me to check status of and enable Secure Boot.I followed the instructions to the word which led me to the BIOS and UEFI Firmware Settings. In the security tab, I found the toggle to enable/disable Secure Boot and enabled it. After the system restarted, having applied the setting, I checked System Information again only to find that Secure Boot is still "Off".I ran advanced startup

:)

MA105343, Sep 28, 2022

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Sep 28, 2022
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Sep 28, 2022
  4. Unable to enable Secure Boot.

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

Unable to enable Secure Boot.

1. Unable to enable Secure Boot. - Similar Threads - Unable enable Secure

2. I am unable to enable Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to enable Secure Boot: I don't know if I am posting this in the correct place. I am struggling to enable secure boot. I have checked in Windows System Information, it says my boot mode is UEFI, but if I look in the boot menu I do not see any option to modify the security, e.g. to enable secure...
  3. I am unable to enable Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to enable Secure Boot: I don't know if I am posting this in the correct place. I am struggling to enable secure boot. I have checked in Windows System Information, it says my boot mode is UEFI, but if I look in the boot menu I do not see any option to modify the security, e.g. to enable secure...
  4. Unable to enable Secure Boot yet again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enable Secure Boot yet again: Recently my Windows got corrupted and as a result I had to create a bootable USB drive to restore it.Due to that, all my settings returned to the factory default which meant that Secure Boot got disabled. I had to ask the community a question with regards to that as the usual...
  5. Unable to enable Secure Boot yet again

Unable to enable Secure Boot yet again: Recently my Windows got corrupted and as a result I had to create a bootable USB drive to restore it.Due to that, all my settings returned to the factory default which meant that Secure Boot got disabled. I had to ask the community a question with regards to that as the usual...
  6. Enable Secure Boot

Enable Secure Boot: When I enable secure boot mode in the bios, and go to windows I get "Secure Boot Status: Not Compatible" how can I fix it? I have an Asus Prime A320m-k motherboard, ryzen 3100, 16 ram and RX570 PD: I have seen other people with the same motherboard with secure boot mode...
  7. Enable Secure Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Enable Secure Boot: When I enable secure boot mode in the bios, and go to windows I get "Secure Boot Status: Not Compatible" how can I fix it? I have an Asus Prime A320m-k motherboard, ryzen 3100, 16 ram and RX570 PD: I have seen other people with the same motherboard with secure boot mode...
  8. Unable to enable Secure Boot.

Unable to enable Secure Boot.: I recently downloaded FIFA 23 on my Lenovo Legion 5i Windows 11. When I started the game it said, "Secure Boot is not enabled on this machine". I googled this issue and found instructions that would allow me to check status of and enable Secure Boot.I followed the...
  9. Enable Secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Secure boot: Hello everyone, I've trying to enable secure boot in my pc in the BIOS I have a gigabyte motherboard, and I'm doing this because I want to play Valorant in my pc. I have the TPM 2.0 activated but the secure boot not. When I'm trying to change this in the Bios Disabled the CSM...
  10. Enable Secure boot

Enable Secure boot: Hello everyone, I've trying to enable secure boot in my pc in the BIOS I have a gigabyte motherboard, and I'm doing this because I want to play Valorant in my pc. I have the TPM 2.0 activated but the secure boot not. When I'm trying to change this in the Bios Disabled the CSM...