Windows 10: Unable to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature

Discus and support Unable to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am unable to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature in my Windows 10 powered laptop even though it is connected to the internet via Ethernet cable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by seepranavg, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Unable to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature

Hi, I am unable to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature in my Windows 10 powered laptop even though it is connected to the internet via Ethernet cable Highlighted in Yellow. I am able to use the internet on the browser from which I am posting this and every other thing except for Hotspot which iam not able to enable. Unable to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature fe2a4f1e-deae-4545-8559-a33b9247f10a?upload=true.png Unable to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature ac6ed36a-6875-46c3-8374-48901fa48719?upload=true.png

:)

seepranavg, Mar 29, 2020

2. mobile hotspot enabling

Hello,

This error may occur if your WiFi adapter does not support the Mobile hotspot feature. To check if it is supported, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this netsh wlan show drivers and hit Enter.
    • In the results, look for Hosted network supported and check if it says
      Yes or No.
    Note: Your WiFi adapters supports Mobile hotspot if it says Yes.

If the WiFi adapter supports Mobile hotspot, we can reinstall the network adapter to resolve your concern. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Select Network adapters.
    • Double-click the Network adapter name.
    • Under Driver tab, click Uninstall.
    • After uninstalling the driver, restart your PC.

After your PC restarts, Windows will automatically look for and install the network adapter driver.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Antoneth Ber, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Joe Men Win User
    Enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on Lumia 950

Hello,
    Christene

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft Community. We understand that you want to enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your Lumia 950.

To enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your phone, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Tap on Network & wireless.
    3. Tap Mobile hotspot.
    4. Tap on the On/Off slider to enable the Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your phone.
    Hope this helps.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Joe Men, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Unable to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Unable to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature

1. Unable to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature - Similar Threads - Unable enable Mobile

2. Suggest a feature- Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suggest a feature- Mobile Hotspot: The mobile hotspot is an underlooked feature which could be enhanced a bit by adding a feature to remove, monitor or even limit the bandwidth used by each device....
  3. Suggest a feature- Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suggest a feature- Mobile Hotspot: The mobile hotspot is an underlooked feature which could be enhanced a bit by adding a feature to remove, monitor or even limit the bandwidth used by each device....
  4. Unable to turn on Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to turn on Mobile Hotspot: I use mobile hotspot daily and suddenly today when I turned on my laptop the mobile hotspot option was greyed out in the action tab,I went to the Network settings to turn it on but it showed me a message at the top saying "We can't set up Mobile Hotspot".I tried updating my...
  5. UNABLE TO CREATE MOBILE HOTSPOT FROM MOBILE

UNABLE TO CREATE MOBILE HOTSPOT FROM MOBILE: Hello, I am unable to create mobile hotspot from my laptop. it says 'unable to create mobile hotspot'. Any help would be really appreciated. thanks...
  6. Mobile Hotspot Feature

Mobile Hotspot Feature: I am having a little bit of an issue with the mobile hotspot feature. Actually a list of different issues that come and go, but I'll stick with current. One thing I noticed while using the feature is that when a device went out of range of the hotspot the entire feature...
  7. Cannot enable mobile hotspot

Cannot enable mobile hotspot: So I've always used my mobile hotspot but now today there isn't a button for it in the bottom right menu. It's only an airplane mode option(which is not on) So when I go into 'mobile hotspot settings' I try to enable the share my internet connection with other devices but it...
  8. mobile hotspot feature not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mobile hotspot feature not working: 3 days ago after a windows update, the hotspot of my laptop stopped working. can anyone help???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-feature-not-working/48537e3d-67b7-41d5-8421-e26a2bdd5476
  9. UNABLE TO CONNECT TO MOBILE HOTSPOT

UNABLE TO CONNECT TO MOBILE HOTSPOT: Hi everyone. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and since then I have been having issues of not able to connect my laptop to the mobile hotspot I share from my phone. Meanwhile Windows 7 computers around connect with ease. Many online research I have done could not end...
  10. Unable to turn on Mobile Hotspot

Unable to turn on Mobile Hotspot: Hi. I'm on a metered connection using my USB Data Card, but been unable to to turn on the Mobile Hotspot to share my connection with other devices (see screenshot below). Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you. [img] 30897