Windows 10: Unable to enable WoWLAN

Discus and support Unable to enable WoWLAN in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'll be as descriptive as I can here. I am trying to enable WoWLAN on my wireless card (Intel AX201). I don't have a Power Management tab in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robmeister2021, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Unable to enable WoWLAN

Hi, I'll be as descriptive as I can here.

I am trying to enable WoWLAN on my wireless card (Intel AX201).

I don't have a Power Management tab in Device Manager for this device so I can't enable it that way.

My laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 7 and the BIOS does not have a Power Management tab either, or any other 'wake on' option.

I've tried logging in as Administrator and enabling the WoWLAN through command line and I get the following message:
    powercfg /deviceenablewake "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz"
    You do not have permission to enable or disable device wake.

However, the device is listed when I execute the powercfg -devicequery wake_from_any command so I think it has the required capability.

I've also tried adding the registry entry to enable the Power Management tab, but this also led to nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

:)

robmeister2021, Mar 10, 2021

2. Enabling WoWLAN (Wake on Wireless LAN)

Hello every one

I am trying to enable WoWLAN one my laptop running windows 10 and intel AC-7260, this was working on windows 8.1 but now I only see this , i dont know windows support WoWLAN i saw this article (Configure Wake on Wireless LAN (WoWLAN))

but i couldnt find the key in the reg editor

Unable to enable WoWLAN 7e74addf-62b7-468a-9c21-0d24a7b8e761.png

I will be really thankful for you help

thanks

KaramMohammed, Mar 10, 2021
  3. fpejril Win User
    Enabling WoWLAN (Wake on Wireless LAN)

As you might have noted, accountingcolanda mentioned that this did not work even when cmd is run as administrator (note that in the top-bar, it says "Administrator: Command Prompt"). I am having a similar issue. It may be related to the fact that in my case
    I have a USB Wireless adapter.

I have an exactly similar situation to the original issue, which is that I cannot enable WoWLAN in Device Manager (it is greyed out) and when running the suggested command, I receive the error "You do not have permission to enable or disable device wake".

I am using an ASUS USB-AC53 Nano USB Wieless adapter, if that makes any difference (I know that is misspelled, but that's how it appears in device manager).

fpejril, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Unable to enable WoWLAN

Unable to enable a startup app

I can't enable windows store app to start with windows.

The step I folowed are

• Open task manager
    • go to startup tab
    • select the app
    • enable
    and when I reopen it's set at disable

The step recorder file

https://we.tl/t-wGtoYHVHfE

Nilon123456789, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Unable to enable WoWLAN

1. Unable to enable WoWLAN - Similar Threads - Unable enable WoWLAN

2. Unable to enable WinRE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enable WinRE: Split from this thread. Hi Ramesh,I have the same issue as Tan Glenn. I tried running the command in command prompt: c:\windows\system32\recovery\ /aand it keeps telling me : "is not recognized as an internal or external command, The system cannot find the path specified....
  3. Unable to enable WinRE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to enable WinRE: Split from this thread. Hi Ramesh,I have the same issue as Tan Glenn. I tried running the command in command prompt: c:\windows\system32\recovery\ /aand it keeps telling me : "is not recognized as an internal or external command, The system cannot find the path specified....
  4. Unable to enable BitLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enable BitLocker: While enabling bitlocker getting error, screenshot attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-enable-bitlocker/1664feef-f130-43b1-833f-d19c3d4b99b4
  5. Unable to enable BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to enable BitLocker: While enabling bitlocker getting error, screenshot attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-enable-bitlocker/1664feef-f130-43b1-833f-d19c3d4b99b4
  6. unable to enable this

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to enable this: why cant i turn on block apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unable-to-enable-this/4ce2e666-2ff1-4e6a-84d4-b7e536b03810
  7. Unable to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to enable HDR: Hi, I have a Thunderbolt 3 Dock with a nVidia RTX2060, and a Samsung Odyssey G9. My Dell Latitude 7410 allows enabling HDR, my Razer Blade 13 Late 2019 does not. Both up to Date Windows 10, both connected to the same GPU, the same Monitor. One with HDR, one without. None of...
  8. Unable to enable WoWLAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to enable WoWLAN: Hi, I'll be as descriptive as I can here. I am trying to enable WoWLAN on my wireless card (Intel AX201). I don't have a Power Management tab in Device Manager for this device so I can't enable it that way. My laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 7 and the BIOS does not have a Power...
  9. Unable to enable WSL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to enable WSL: Hi, I'm trying to enable WSL on my Laptop using following documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10 when I enter the command cmd admin mode: dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux /all /norestart...
  10. How to get WoWLAN to work on Windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get WoWLAN to work on Windows?: I could've posted this on SevenForums as well : How to get WoWLAN to work on Windows? Which WakeOnWiFi *Wink I made searches and tried different settings but couldn't get it to work.. I have two laptops to try it on, an "old" one and a brand new one. Let me know, thanks :)...