Windows 10: Unable to enter a passcode or pin

Discus and support Unable to enter a passcode or pin in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When i press set up my PIN nothing happens, something starts to load then nothing. Might ask me to install something threw the store. Before this i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KristofersJarve, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Unable to enter a passcode or pin

When i press set up my PIN nothing happens, something starts to load then nothing. Might ask me to install something threw the store.

Before this i had enable a diagnostic startup windows + R and msconfig.Unable to enter a passcode or pin [​IMG]

:)

KristofersJarve, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

PIN passcode no longer valid

Hi CatherineLane ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Is that the wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard. I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Kupuna Win User
    Can't enter PIN for Headset

I'm grateful for your replies. I obviously haven't done a good job of explaining. Here are snips of the windows involved. I have done all the steps suggested, but I can't directly enter the PIN in the larger window. That seems to be my only problem. Plantronics hasn't answered yet, but I'll hope they come through.

Unable to enter a passcode or pin [​IMG]

Unable to enter a passcode or pin [​IMG]

Kupuna, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Unable to enter a passcode or pin

Unable to enter pin after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• When you say unable to enter digits, do you mean your keyboard is not working?
    • What happens when you try to enter the pin?

Reply with the necessary information to help you troubleshoot the issue. I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Unable to enter a passcode or pin

1. Unable to enter a passcode or pin - Similar Threads - Unable enter passcode

2. Unable to enter computer pin number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enter computer pin number: I set-up my new computer yesterday and was in the process of adding links today. The new computer closes and logs me out if left unused for more than a couple minutes but was no problem when I opened it and entered my pin number.Today, I am unable to enter my pin number. When...
  3. How to change/disable UNABLE passcode, pin and Face ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change/disable UNABLE passcode, pin and Face ID: I am unable to unlock my laptop, I have Face ID, pin, and password they are unable to be change! What should I do? I want to be able to either disable or change it but they are saying it’s unable how does that happen??...
  4. How to change/disable UNABLE passcode, pin and Face ID

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change/disable UNABLE passcode, pin and Face ID: I am unable to unlock my laptop, I have Face ID, pin, and password they are unable to be change! What should I do? I want to be able to either disable or change it but they are saying it’s unable how does that happen??...
  5. How to change/disable UNABLE passcode, pin and Face ID

6. Unable to enter PIN on sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enter PIN on sign in: Neither my keyboard on the laptop nor the stand alone keyboard allows me to enter my start up PIN - the only way I can gain access is by resetting the PIN. Then both keyboards work. However when it powers off, the same issue happens. The on screen keyboard does not work...
  7. Unable to enter PIN on sign in

Unable to enter PIN on sign in: Neither my keyboard on the laptop nor the stand alone keyboard allows me to enter my start up PIN - the only way I can gain access is by resetting the PIN. Then both keyboards work. However when it powers off, the same issue happens. The on screen keyboard does not work...
  8. Unable to enter PIN to open PC

Unable to enter PIN to open PC: Open my PC but cannot enter my PIN, so cannot get into any Microsoft including Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-enter-pin-to-open-pc/6014f561-6d62-4371-b200-018765571763
  9. Unable to login as entered incorrect PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login as entered incorrect PIN: Hi due to several times wrong PIN entered, I am unable to login my ASUS Ultrabook "UX331UN". To reset the it's asking Bitlocker recovery key which I'm unable to find on my Microsoft account. Furthermore, neither my password nor my thumb impression is working. It's...
  10. PIN passcode no longer valid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PIN passcode no longer valid: Hi, My Outlook failed on me today and i was trying to troubleshoot following some instructions and looks like ive done the wrong thing, i've disabled all in the System processes task box and it shut everything down. It now will not accept my Pin passcode (HP Pavillion) nor my...