Windows 10: Unable to enter BIOS due to keyboard not turning on until after boot

Discus and support Unable to enter BIOS due to keyboard not turning on until after boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, (The keyboard I have if a SUMVISION Sonic Wave) After reinstalling Windows 10 Home 64-Bit I've noticed that the lights on my keyboard only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NoSpawnnGG, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Unable to enter BIOS due to keyboard not turning on until after boot

Hello,

(The keyboard I have if a SUMVISION Sonic Wave)

After reinstalling Windows 10 Home 64-Bit I've noticed that the lights on my keyboard only turn on after I've got to the login screen. Inputs are also disabled till then, therefore I can't get into the BIOS (I have a GIGABYTE motherboard if that helps). I've tried different USB ports but that didn't change anything. Also the keyboard seems to work fine after I'm into Windows (the lights and keys all work as they're meant to) so I'm sure that isn't the problem.

Any help will be much appreciated,

Thanks

:)

NoSpawnnGG, Aug 15, 2018

2. Unable to enter BIOS due to keyboard not turning on until after boot

Hello,

(The keyboard I have if a SUMVISION Sonic Wave)

After reinstalling Windows 10 Home 64-Bit I've noticed that the lights on my keyboard only turn on after I've got to the login screen. Inputs are also disabled till then, therefore I can't get into the BIOS (I have a GIGABYTE motherboard if that helps).
    I've tried different USB ports but that didn't change anything. Also the keyboard seems to work fine after I'm into Windows (the lights and keys all work as they're meant to) so I'm sure that isn't the problem.

Any help will be much appreciated,

Thanks

NoSpawnnGG, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Unable to enter BIOS due to keyboard not turning on until after boot

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you, Thank you so much for your valuable question please, If my understanding is right, I would suggest you to please see the below mentioned article once please (if not tried before) and see if it helps. I am hopeful that
    your query will be resolved, If the issue persists or if my understanding is different from your concern, kindly do let me know,waiting for your kind reply please. Please check the solution given by jacobsee.

https://superuser.com/questions/313024/how-to-g...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Please let me know, if that helps and feel free to ask back any question.

Kind Regards:

Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Sep 25, 2018
  4. enxo218 Win User

Unable to enter BIOS due to keyboard not turning on until after boot

usb keyboard giving bios errors at boot

bios ver 0402 x64
    2 usb 2 ports (i will name A and B for convinience of explanation) next to ps/2 port,this is where keyboard and mouse have always been plugged.
    error message appears after asus logo and reads "keyboard not detected"
    bios has not been updated no settings have ever been altered with exception of case fan controll and enabling ram xmp profile
    bios set to fast boot and legacy usb enabled
    desktop is used for gaming mainly and is used about 4 times a week and no faults of this nature have been experienced in the past

got the error message 2 days ago
    Case 1 : keyboard in A and mouse in B
    -four starts and error message is produced in 3 and windows boots normally on all starts with both devices usable at login screen and desktop environment
    -three starts to check devices in bios,can use keyboard to enter bios and both devices usable and recognised (1 keyboard,1 mouse usb config under advanced settings)in bios

Case 2 : keyboard in B mouse in A
    -four starts and results are similar to case 1 with exception that error message appeared on all starts

Case 3 : no device in either A or B
    -error message "no keyboard or mouse detected"

Case 4 : keyboard in A or B, mouse not connected
    -error message "no keyboard detected"
    -can enter bios and device usable in bios and windows environment
    -i couldnt navigate in bios to check listed devices as bios mainly uses the mouse

Case 5 : mouse in either A or B and keyboard in usb 3 port near lan port
    -no error message, both devices usable in windows login and dektop environment
    -keyboard can enter bios however if the pc is cold booted(psu turned off and on before pc power switch turned on) usb cannot be used inside bios,though if i continue to windows and reboot it is completely functional regardless of number of restarts

now i have no idea what to make of results in case 4 because that would mean the the keyboard was being identified as mouse
    also in case 1 keyboard did boot once with no errors so maybe the keyboard is malfunctioning but it cold start doing the same in usb 3 later or does it have a problem with usb 2
    i hoped i could get insight before i get a new keyboard or change bios settings or flash it
    its my first build, i dont want to break anything with haste (this stuff is expensive as ....!!!) and i only have a samsung np550pc to fallback on (i cant game on that once again)

enxo218, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Unable to enter BIOS due to keyboard not turning on until after boot

1. Unable to enter BIOS due to keyboard not turning on until after boot - Similar Threads - Unable enter BIOS

2. Windows Boot Error \BCD xc0000098 after entering BIOS Setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Boot Error \BCD xc0000098 after entering BIOS Setup: English version of the original postDear Forum,I am currently trying to understand a very strange behaviour. My system starts normally, but as soon as I go into the BIOS and leave it directly or save soemting, it doesnt matter with , for example, I end up in the \BCD...
  3. Unable to boot after entering recovery mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to boot after entering recovery mode: Hi I Wanted to remove Kaspersky Total Security which I could not remove from Windows so I shift clicked restart and entered recovery mode then selected Safe mode but saw an Error about not being able to enter safe mode. After that I can't enter Windows. I tried to remove safe...
  4. Unable to boot, nor enter safe mode, and it automatically enters BIOS setup. Exiting BIOS...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to boot, nor enter safe mode, and it automatically enters BIOS setup. Exiting BIOS...: As mentioned in the title, I'm in absolute shit show. The pc ran well hours ago and now suddenly I'm in this situation. I did install any softwares whatsover and did not recall doing any windows update. Please, if anyone knows what may have been the cause and how to fix it...
  5. Windows can not booting and can not enter BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows can not booting and can not enter BIOS: A few days ago I have an issue with my laptop's touchpadNot fixed yet. Now, my laptop can't booting, just stack at logo ASUS. I have tried to enter the BIOSF2, nothing displayed but black screen. Ussually, it required password to enter BIOS. Now, just blank. I searched on...
  6. Unable to enter BIOS in windows 10

Unable to enter BIOS in windows 10: I've gone through several help sections to try to open up BIOS in Window 10 - and some the answer here are so unhelpful. Is there a simple way to open in BIOS mode to update my BIOS? It from 2012 and I have having some issues with the computer. Or it is just tough...
  7. Unable to enter password in bios screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to enter password in bios screen: i HAVE A HP WITH WINDOWS 10 PRO OS. i HAVE A BIOS PASSWORD WHEN LOGGING IN.WHEN WHEN I TURN ON THE COMPUTER AND TRY TO ENTER THE PASSWORD NOTHING TYPES IN THE SCREEN. i TRIED DIFFERENT PORTS AND DIFFERENT KEY BOARDS WITH THE SAME RESULTS. i TOOK THE BATTERY OUT AND UNPLUGGED...
  8. Cannot enter BIOS and/or boot menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot enter BIOS and/or boot menu: Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone can help me with a little situation that I'm having... So I want to do a complete fresh install of Windows 10, but I'm having major difficulties. I have used the Windows Media Creation Tool to make my bootable Windows 10 USB but I...
  9. Unable to boot the computer after upgrading the BIOS

Unable to boot the computer after upgrading the BIOS: Hi I have a Lenovo z710 I upgraded my Bios with a modded bios, to unlock futures After several normal boots, to see it's working good I entered yesterday, Bios, and only enabled,, overclocking and 3-4 other disabled futures After, i tried to boot, I listened a big noise from...
  10. Unable to enter BIOS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to enter BIOS: While troubleshooting another issue I decided to boot from USB. I find now that I am unable to enter BIOS. In the past I would get a brief message during boot to hit a certain key, I believe that it was F2. Mow that message doesn't appear. I go to settings/recovery/advanced...