Windows 10: Unable to enter into the recovery mode and screen stays black

Discus and support Unable to enter into the recovery mode and screen stays black in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Device: HP laptop pavilion 15 N208TX I am not able to enter into the recovery mode and neither my windows is booting. Everytime I start up my laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JenishKevadia, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Unable to enter into the recovery mode and screen stays black

Device: HP laptop pavilion 15 N208TX

I am not able to enter into the recovery mode and neither my windows is booting. Everytime I start up my laptop, it goes into the automatic repair mode and gives me BSOD. If I try to enter into the recovery mode, my laptop restarts and after the HP logo screen just stays black.

Same thing is happening even if i try to boot from the bootable USB device. I've tried running system diagonostics tests under UEFI settings and all tests showed positive results. So now, I am just stuck on the blue screen and not able to boot from my USB media installation device. I don't know what to do now so, please someone suggest me what to do.

:)

JenishKevadia, Oct 24, 2018

2. Windows 10 won't load, can't enter recovery mode, the screen juat stays black

I kinda messed up my system files, so I tried to do a system restore. But it takes forever and after waiting for 4 hours I decided to shut my laptop down by holding the power button.

After that Windows 10 just won't load, and I can't enter recovery mode. The screen just stays black after the loadscreen is finished. Could someone help me with this?

KholishAhmad, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Laptop Screen Stays Black after Sleep Mode

Hi Danielle,

Improper power plan settings or a possible fault on the display driver after the recent update can cause your screen to stay black when waking from sleep mode. As an initial step to prevent this from happening, we suggest that you restore the power plan
    settings to default. To do this, follow these steps:

• Type Command Prompt in the search box. From the search result, right-click on
      Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste or type in the command below:

powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Press Enter and wait for the command to finish.

Note:
      This option will delete all custom power plans and restore the built in power plan settings of your device.

In the event that you encounter the same issue after restoring the power plan settings, ensure that your device display driver is updated. You can follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to update your drivers and check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Oct 24, 2018
  4. zplugger Win User

Unable to enter into the recovery mode and screen stays black

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

Unable to enter into the recovery mode and screen stays black

1. Unable to enter into the recovery mode and screen stays black - Similar Threads - Unable enter recovery

2. Recovery mode not able to enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery mode not able to enter: Trying to get in the windows recovery environment in the sign in page but it keeps in loading in the same page after restart. Trying to perform reset in the PC since in settings it will not work. It will restart so I decided to do it on the recovery environment but I cant...
  3. Recovery mode not able to enter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery mode not able to enter: Trying to get in the windows recovery environment in the sign in page but it keeps in loading in the same page after restart. Trying to perform reset in the PC since in settings it will not work. It will restart so I decided to do it on the recovery environment but I cant...
  4. Recovery mode not able to enter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cannot enter recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enter recovery mode: Dual monitors weren't working and I tried reinstalling windows 11. Crashed immediately after reinstall with this screen. The power button method to enter recovery mode is not working....
  6. Cannot enter recovery mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enter recovery mode: Dual monitors weren't working and I tried reinstalling windows 11. Crashed immediately after reinstall with this screen. The power button method to enter recovery mode is not working....
  7. Black screen when entering safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen when entering safe mode: I need to enter safe mode to use a driver uninstaller as when I use it not in safe mode, it says I need to be in safe mode. So I go to the power, hold shift, and click restart, it takes me to the menus where I go to troubleshoot, advanced, start-up settings, restart....
  8. Unable to boot after entering recovery mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to boot after entering recovery mode: Hi I Wanted to remove Kaspersky Total Security which I could not remove from Windows so I shift clicked restart and entered recovery mode then selected Safe mode but saw an Error about not being able to enter safe mode. After that I can't enter Windows. I tried to remove safe...
  9. Enter recovery mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Enter recovery mode: i recently selected the update to windows 10 and have now been unable to use my toshiba laptop. i am stuck on an “undoing changes made to your computer” screen. i have read various posts and threads but i have still had no luck. i have tried to power on and off method...
  10. Window 10 screen stay black after entered password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 screen stay black after entered password: It won't display icons or tool bars, just black. the only commend is CTRL +ALT + DELETE to shut off then power back on to start it again. look at the tesk manager for clues and there is nothing running? And when its working, sometime get two screens overlapped can't see...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. waiting for device to enter recovery mode on install ubports on windows