Windows 10: Unable to enter last digit/alphabet of product key to activate windows 10

Discus and support Unable to enter last digit/alphabet of product key to activate windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good day, sir/madam. I bought the product key separately via my vendor. Can you assist me how to activate the windows? Your earliest response is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sukumarankrishnan, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Unable to enter last digit/alphabet of product key to activate windows 10

Good day, sir/madam.

I bought the product key separately via my vendor. Can you assist me how to activate the windows?

Your earliest response is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Best regards,

K.sukumaran.

:)

sukumarankrishnan, Dec 26, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Activation switched from "with product key" to "with Digital License"

This webpage has been updated to reflect what is new with version 1607 of Windows 10:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-10-activation

It clearly states that if your Windows 10 is activated with a retail product key, then you get a digital license in return. The unanswered question is whether or not that digital license is stored on Microsoft activation servers based upon installation ID or whether the user must re-enter their retail product key on a new clean install. The answer to that question would be to do a clean re-install the version 1607 Windows 10 Education edition in the OP and skip entering the product key and see if it activated automatically online - or if the product key will be required to be entered to obtain activation.

NavyLCDR, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Unable to enter last digit/alphabet of product key to activate windows 10

Windows 10 Product Key for a Free Upgrade

Hi,

The product key is important to activate and install Windows 10 to your device. Regarding your concern, let's try to isolate the issue and see what's causing you unable to use the product key to activate and install your Windows 10. Kindly provide the following
    information:

• Where did you purchase the product?
    • What is the error message you received after entering your product key?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Ariel Acu, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Unable to enter last digit/alphabet of product key to activate windows 10

1. Unable to enter last digit/alphabet of product key to activate windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable enter last

2. How to enter the last digit of product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enter the last digit of product key: Getting message "windows license will expire soon". So i got product keys. However I go to change product key and it won't let me enter the last digit.Also enter key in dashboard. Help??...
  3. How to enter the last digit of product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enter the last digit of product key: Getting message "windows license will expire soon". So i got product keys. However I go to change product key and it won't let me enter the last digit.Also enter key in dashboard. Help??...
  4. Unable to enter/change product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to enter/change product key: Hello, I am trying to enter my product key to activate windows on my newly built PC. When I try to click the link/page to enter/change my product key, I receive an error and the link does not work. It causes my PC to crash and the settings menu freezes. I purchased a product...
  5. Unable to enter/change product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enter/change product key: Hello, I am trying to enter my product key to activate windows on my newly built PC. When I try to click the link/page to enter/change my product key, I receive an error and the link does not work. It causes my PC to crash and the settings menu freezes. I purchased a product...
  6. Unable to enter/change product key

7. LAST PRODUCT KEY ENTERED CANNOT BE USED FOR THIS COPY OF WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAST PRODUCT KEY ENTERED CANNOT BE USED FOR THIS COPY OF WINDOWS: I'm very grateful if someone tell me what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/last-product-key-entered-cannot-be-used-for-this/68f01086-e5a9-4511-b09f-b43ac8890603
  8. LAST PRODUCT KEY ENTERED CANNOT BE USED FOR THIS COPY OF WINDOWS

LAST PRODUCT KEY ENTERED CANNOT BE USED FOR THIS COPY OF WINDOWS: I'm very grateful if someone tell me what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/last-product-key-entered-cannot-be-used-for-this/68f01086-e5a9-4511-b09f-b43ac8890603
  9. unable to activate product key

unable to activate product key: Hi Team, I'm unable to remind the product key after reinstalling the hardware. I have product ID with me, could I activate the my windows 10 with product ID. thanks, surya...
  10. Active Window 10 with Digital License instead of Product Key ???

Active Window 10 with Digital License instead of Product Key ???: Hi all, I recently bought a new laptop and I'd like to reinstall Window 10 on the new one. Problem is the Window 10 I have is the one upgraded from Window 8.1 for free. So if I log in with my Microsoft account on the new laptop Window then is it gonna automatic active...