Windows 10: Unable to enter password in bios screen

Discus and support Unable to enter password in bios screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i HAVE A HP WITH WINDOWS 10 PRO OS. i HAVE A BIOS PASSWORD WHEN LOGGING IN.WHEN WHEN I TURN ON THE COMPUTER AND TRY TO ENTER THE PASSWORD NOTHING... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GUPPY, Oct 3, 2019.

1. GUPPY Win User

Unable to enter password in bios screen

i HAVE A HP WITH WINDOWS 10 PRO OS.
    i HAVE A BIOS PASSWORD WHEN LOGGING IN.WHEN
    WHEN I TURN ON THE COMPUTER AND TRY TO ENTER THE PASSWORD NOTHING TYPES IN THE SCREEN.
    i TRIED DIFFERENT PORTS AND DIFFERENT KEY BOARDS WITH THE SAME RESULTS.
    i TOOK THE BATTERY OUT AND UNPLUGGED THE POWER CABLE OVER NIGHT WITH HE SAME RESULTS.
    i RESET THE CMOS AND STILL NO LUCK.

:)

GUPPY, Oct 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 stuck at lock screen, unable to enter password

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you trying to log-in using Microsoft account or local account?
    • Are you trying to enter pin or password?

Assuming that this issue might be because of keyboard, I suggest you to use on-screen keyboard from the lock screen and check if it helps.

Steps: From the lock screen, click on Ease of access and click on On-screen keyboard.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Keyboard issue when entering password after exiting screen saver

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in keyboard settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Is the issue occurring while booting to the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check if you are able to enter the password using On-Screen keyboard and also run hardware troubleshooter to check for any change in hardware settings.

Step 1: I recommend you to try to use the On-Screen Keyboard to enter the computer.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present on the bottom right corner of the screen.

3. Then select On-Screen Keyboard from the list.

4. Click on Password box and enter the password into it through On-Screen Keyboard.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using keyboard at the login page, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Unable to enter password in bios screen

Dell bios passwords 595B and 2A7B

Deplane, I am trying one of my Dell Mobile Support buddies, to see if there is a way to remove the password. Just going right to the source.

Edit:

Jeffrey from Dell says:
    I have verified that the code, you have provided, is the master password for the BIOS for that particular system. Please try this procedure to reset BIOS. Fill in the password field, press and hold Ctrl then tap of Enter key twice.

My Reply:
    Jeffrey! Thanks for those steps, but what do I fill the password field with?

His reply:
    The same code 63ejUdk3m4qzzz0z but instead of just pressing enter to confirm, hold Ctrl key and tap on Enter twice. Remember that the password is key sensitive.

Please let me know here if that works. To tell you the truth, I want to play with this too!!

LovesFLSun, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Unable to enter password in bios screen

1. Unable to enter password in bios screen - Similar Threads - Unable enter password

2. Laptop password enter screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop password enter screen: Hi, I have a Toshiba P55W-C laptop that's asking for a password upon powering on. The first thing that appears is a white on-screen keypad that ask for a passwordsee attached picture #1 . After a few attempts entering my password, it switches to a red banner error message...
  3. Laptop password enter screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop password enter screen: Hi, I have a Toshiba P55W-C laptop that's asking for a password upon powering on. The first thing that appears is a white on-screen keypad that ask for a passwordsee attached picture #1 . After a few attempts entering my password, it switches to a red banner error message...
  4. Laptop password enter screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to boot, nor enter safe mode, and it automatically enters BIOS setup. Exiting BIOS...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to boot, nor enter safe mode, and it automatically enters BIOS setup. Exiting BIOS...: As mentioned in the title, I'm in absolute shit show. The pc ran well hours ago and now suddenly I'm in this situation. I did install any softwares whatsover and did not recall doing any windows update. Please, if anyone knows what may have been the cause and how to fix it...
  6. Unable to enter BIOS in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to enter BIOS in windows 10: I've gone through several help sections to try to open up BIOS in Window 10 - and some the answer here are so unhelpful. Is there a simple way to open in BIOS mode to update my BIOS? It from 2012 and I have having some issues with the computer. Or it is just tough...
  7. Blue screen with "Enter Password"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue screen with "Enter Password": I have a surface pro 3 and it's kinda old but functional. For the past 2 years or so its screen freezes and it goes on this screen with "Enter Password" with a blue box around it. [ATTACH] This has been stopping me from doing anything on the computer and I have even taken it...
  8. enter network password screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    enter network password screen: I keep getting this screen popping up all the time. I do not want to log onto a network. How can I disable this screen errolbest https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-network-password-screen/39909f37-7779-49d5-9723-f841c586ffff
  9. Unable to Enter Password in Login Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Enter Password in Login Screen: Split from this thread. PHYSICAL LENOVO KEYBOARD SET TO US ENG....EXACTLY THE SAME AS BEFORE UPGRADE Moderator Note for Clarification: Unable to enter password to login to Windows. This happens after upgrade...
  10. Unable to enter BIOS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to enter BIOS: While troubleshooting another issue I decided to boot from USB. I find now that I am unable to enter BIOS. In the past I would get a brief message during boot to hit a certain key, I believe that it was F2. Mow that message doesn't appear. I go to settings/recovery/advanced...