Windows 10: Unable to Enter Password in Login Screen

Discus and support Unable to Enter Password in Login Screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Split from this thread. PHYSICAL LENOVO KEYBOARD SET TO US ENG....EXACTLY THE SAME AS BEFORE UPGRADE Moderator Note for Clarification: Unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BernardForrer, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Unable to Enter Password in Login Screen

Split from this thread.​

PHYSICAL LENOVO KEYBOARD SET TO US ENG....EXACTLY THE SAME AS BEFORE UPGRADE

Moderator Note for Clarification:

Unable to enter password to login to Windows.

This happens after upgrade

:)

BernardForrer, Jul 19, 2018

2. Unable to login after entering account password in windows 10

Hello

I am unable to login after entering account password into my windows 10 laptop. It kept on loading, but the welcome screen doesn't goes off.

Tried following things but none of them worked

• Restarted multiple times
    • Force shutdown
    • Restarted the system in safe mode by pressing shift key and restart but still unable to login after entering passoword
    • Tried startup-repair but it was unable to repair
    • Tried reset my pc with keeping my files but it showed error message after completing 65%

Please help as I do not want to loose my stuff.

Regards

Ankit

AnkitBajaj6, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Keyboard issue when entering password after exiting screen saver

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in keyboard settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Is the issue occurring while booting to the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check if you are able to enter the password using On-Screen keyboard and also run hardware troubleshooter to check for any change in hardware settings.

Step 1: I recommend you to try to use the On-Screen Keyboard to enter the computer.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present on the bottom right corner of the screen.

3. Then select On-Screen Keyboard from the list.

4. Click on Password box and enter the password into it through On-Screen Keyboard.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using keyboard at the login page, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Unable to Enter Password in Login Screen

Windows 10 Login Crash Loop

Hi David,

• Which screen are you referring to?
    • Are you able to login to Desktop?
    • Are you able to see the login screen?

The power icon referred in the steps is present at the login screen. If you are able to see the login screen where you enter the password to go to Desktop, then you need to follow those steps. These steps to be followed if you are able to reach to
    login screen but unable to go to Desktop.

Please provide us more information related to the issue so that we can assist you further.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Unable to Enter Password in Login Screen

1. Unable to Enter Password in Login Screen - Similar Threads - Unable Enter Password

2. Administrator Login screen goes blank after entering password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Login screen goes blank after entering password.: I was setting up a new laptop as Administrator. Changed password that worked to a less complex 4 digit PIN that I could easily remember. I think it accepted the 4 digit code as I did get an error. When I logged in to the machine with that 4 digit code, the screen went black....
  3. Administrator Login screen goes blank after entering password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Login screen goes blank after entering password.: I was setting up a new laptop as Administrator. Changed password that worked to a less complex 4 digit PIN that I could easily remember. I think it accepted the 4 digit code as I did get an error. When I logged in to the machine with that 4 digit code, the screen went black....
  4. Laptop password enter screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop password enter screen: Hi, I have a Toshiba P55W-C laptop that's asking for a password upon powering on. The first thing that appears is a white on-screen keypad that ask for a passwordsee attached picture #1 . After a few attempts entering my password, it switches to a red banner error message...
  5. Laptop password enter screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop password enter screen: Hi, I have a Toshiba P55W-C laptop that's asking for a password upon powering on. The first thing that appears is a white on-screen keypad that ask for a passwordsee attached picture #1 . After a few attempts entering my password, it switches to a red banner error message...
  6. Delayed Login after password entered.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delayed Login after password entered.: Hello All, I am using licensed version of windows 10 pro with all the latest updated. Since last two updated i am facing one issue. Windows boots fast till it reaches the password screen. It hardly takes 1 min. When I enter password, it shows please wait and loader for...
  7. Unable to login as entered incorrect PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login as entered incorrect PIN: Hi due to several times wrong PIN entered, I am unable to login my ASUS Ultrabook "UX331UN". To reset the it's asking Bitlocker recovery key which I'm unable to find on my Microsoft account. Furthermore, neither my password nor my thumb impression is working. It's...
  8. Unable to enter password in bios screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to enter password in bios screen: i HAVE A HP WITH WINDOWS 10 PRO OS. i HAVE A BIOS PASSWORD WHEN LOGGING IN.WHEN WHEN I TURN ON THE COMPUTER AND TRY TO ENTER THE PASSWORD NOTHING TYPES IN THE SCREEN. i TRIED DIFFERENT PORTS AND DIFFERENT KEY BOARDS WITH THE SAME RESULTS. i TOOK THE BATTERY OUT AND UNPLUGGED...
  9. Blue screen with "Enter Password"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue screen with "Enter Password": I have a surface pro 3 and it's kinda old but functional. For the past 2 years or so its screen freezes and it goes on this screen with "Enter Password" with a blue box around it. [ATTACH] This has been stopping me from doing anything on the computer and I have even taken it...
  10. Windows 10 HP (Can't enter password in login screen)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 HP (Can't enter password in login screen): windows 10 HP Pavilion 15- n259Tx ( Can't type Password in login screen) I am facing this issue that I can't type Password in login screen in windows 10. When I press key to enter password nothing happened. Password field is blank, it is not detecting keystrokes. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10-unable to enter PIN

2. unable to enter windows login password

3. unable to enter pin in login page

4. cannot enter password login screen,
  5. unable to enter the pin in login screen ask to enter A1BICI,
  6. BIOS Rohit siddegowda