Windows 10: Unable to enter password when Windows 10 boots up.

Discus and support Unable to enter password when Windows 10 boots up. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I turn on my Acer PC Windows 10 boots up to the wallpaper screen where the date and time are showing in the lower left corner and the monitor is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by PyramidFlorida, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Unable to enter password when Windows 10 boots up.

When I turn on my Acer PC Windows 10 boots up to the wallpaper screen where the date and time are showing in the lower left corner and the monitor is showing in the lower right corner.

When I press any key to bring up where I enter the password the screen goes black for a few seconds then the wallpaper screen comes back. I've tried this many times with the same results.

I have tried turning the PC off three times while it's booting up and this did not fix the problem.

I've also tried to get into safe mode while booting up and have not been able to by pressing the shift an F8 key.

Would appreciate any help.

:)

PyramidFlorida, Apr 10, 2019

2. Unable to login after entering account password in windows 10

Hi Vanshaj

Thank you for your reply.

I somehow managed to get a bootable dvd of windows 10 and tried running chkdsk command but it did not helped.

I tried following steps to create a new profile:

• boot from windows 10 dvd.
    • Opened cmd by hitting SHIFT+F10.
    • By default it was showing X:\source>
    • I tried to look for windows\system32 in both C: and D: drives (though my windows was installed in CUnable to enter password when Windows 10 boots up. :).
    • But was able to locate it in X:\windows\system32
    • when i tried renaming utilman.exe it was unable to locate utilman.exe in system32 folder
    • I tried renaming sticky keys exe (sethc.exe) too but was unable to find it too.
    Please suggest if anything else can be done to save my personal data.

Thanks

Ankit

AnkitBajaj6, Apr 10, 2019
  3. OK, Password problem...Mint

Reset forgotten/lost main user password in Linux Mint - Linux Mint Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Unable to enter password when Windows 10 boots up.

unable to remove windows logon password

unable to remove windows logon password

went to control panel user accounts and there is no longer a ' remove password ' option as with windows 7

i changed the settings to ' not require a password on logon' but made no difference at all

it now boots saying password wrong, until I enter a password then all ok...

MS suggest adding a new account and logging in with that without a password then deleting the old one.....

does not not work as the add account is greyed out.

cant see why this is so difficult..

as as a side issue since trying to remove the windows logon password I am now presented on boot up with an OS choice wi cows 10 or 7.... I am certain this wasn't there before..

any my help would be appreciated
    thanks

reddwarf4ever, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Unable to enter password when Windows 10 boots up.

1. Unable to enter password when Windows 10 boots up. - Similar Threads - Unable enter password

2. windows password when boot up:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows password when boot up:: OK: I am afraid of my pc been gotten into I passworded when boots up to windows it ask for it how many times do they enter if incorrect what does it do? thanks ? also if I ever sell this how do I get rid of the password for windowes log in:...
  3. windows password when boot up:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows password when boot up:: OK: I am afraid of my pc been gotten into I passworded when boots up to windows it ask for it how many times do they enter if incorrect what does it do? thanks ? also if I ever sell this how do I get rid of the password for windowes log in:...
  4. Windows 10 login timeout when entering password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 login timeout when entering password.: Hello,Can anyone help? I have a number of pupils in a class who are very slow at typing and are learning to login, so I need to increase the time they have to complete this. I would like to increase the timeout when someone is typing their username and password so that the...
  5. Windows 11 PC --- booting up without having to enter a password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PC --- booting up without having to enter a password: Hello,I am running Windows 11 on a new computer purchased a week ago.Every time I boot the computer up, it asks for a password.I find this very irritating and since I am the only user of the computer for home use, I would like to disable this feature.I have gone through...
  6. Windows 11 PC --- booting up without having to enter a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC --- booting up without having to enter a password: Hello,I am running Windows 11 on a new computer purchased a week ago.Every time I boot the computer up, it asks for a password.I find this very irritating and since I am the only user of the computer for home use, I would like to disable this feature.I have gone through...
  7. Unable to boot up windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot up windows 10: unable to boot in normal mode, on safe mode is able work. Repair, troubleshooting option tried, but noting worked. Restore also failed. Disc scan revealed some bad sectors....
  8. Unable to enter password when Windows 10 boots up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to enter password when Windows 10 boots up.: When I turn on my Acer PC Windows 10 boots up to the wallpaper screen where the date and time are showing in the lower left corner and the monitor is showing in the lower right corner. When I press any key to bring up where I enter the password the screen goes black for a...
  9. Unable to Enter Password in Login Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Enter Password in Login Screen: Split from this thread. PHYSICAL LENOVO KEYBOARD SET TO US ENG....EXACTLY THE SAME AS BEFORE UPGRADE Moderator Note for Clarification: Unable to enter password to login to Windows. This happens after upgrade...
  10. Keyboard works in boot up for password and not when I enter Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard works in boot up for password and not when I enter Windows 10: I have been using my Acer 10 tablet for about six months and had upgraded to Win 10 a while ago with no problems. This morning the keyboard stopped working. I checked the contacts to the tablet because it has a detachable keyboard, cleaned them with a soft brush, cleaner and...