Windows 10: Unable to establish a VPN connection on Windows 11 ARP Laptop

Discus and support Unable to establish a VPN connection on Windows 11 ARP Laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have a Windows-11 ARM 64-bit laptop ASUS Vivobook S15 and I’m trying to set up a VPN using the in-built Microsoft VPN.Unfortunately, when I switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by I give up 007, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Unable to establish a VPN connection on Windows 11 ARP Laptop

Hi,I have a Windows-11 ARM 64-bit laptop ASUS Vivobook S15 and I’m trying to set up a VPN using the in-built Microsoft VPN.Unfortunately, when I switch the VPN on I get this message “The network connection between your computer and the VPN server was interrupted. This can be caused by a problem in the VPN transmission and is commonly the result of internal latency or simply that your VPN has reached its capacity. Please try to reconnect to the VPN server. If this problem persists, contact the VPN administrator and analyse the quality of the network connectivity.”I’ve contacted NORD VPN and t

:)

I give up 007, Jun 20, 2024

2. How to Fix FortiClient unable to establish the VPN connection. The VPN server may be unreachable (-8), (-14), (-6008), (-5), (-20199)

Whenever i try to connect to FortiClient VPN in Windows 10 computer, it fails to connect and saying ‘FortiClient unable to establish the VPN connection. The VPN server may be unreachable’ along with some error codes (-8), (-14), (-6008), (-5), (-20199), or other error codes on error window. This error codes indicates unable to connect to FortiClient SSL VPN in computer for some reasons.

Is there any solutions to fix these FortiClient errors problems?

However, there is some workaround solutions available on the web where How to Fix FortiClient unable to establish the VPN connection. The VPN server may be unreachable page mentioned some effective solutions. Here is the solutions.

Method 1: Change TLS version

This issue can be occurred due to mismatch TLS version in computer. You can fix the issue by changing TLS version to fix.

Step 1: Open ‘Internet Options’ via Windows Search Box and in the opened window, click ‘Advanced’ and scroll down to check ‘TLS version’

Step 2: If ‘TLS 1.2’ version is selected on client end, you can change it to ‘TLS 1.1’ and/or other TLS 1.0 on FortiGate end, and it is done. Check if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: Reinstall Miniport Driver

You can also try to fix the issue by reinstalling Miniport driver in computer.

Step 1: Open ‘Device Manager’ app in Windows PC via Windows Search Box and click ‘View’ menu and select ‘Show Hidden Devices’

Step 2: Now, expand ‘Network Adapters’ category, there should be series of WAN Miniport driver: IP, IPv6, PPTP, IKEv2, etc. If Miniport driver is not visible, you will have to reinstalled.

Step 3: Open your browser and visit Microsoft Official website, search for ‘devcon.exe’ and download & install this file in computer

Step 4: You can find the different miniport driver version name relating to your OS in “C:\Windows\inf\netrasa.inf”. Depending on Windows OS version, this path will be different.

Step 5: Now, press ‘Windows + R’ keys on keyboard, type ‘cmd’ in ‘Run’ window and press ‘CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER’ keys on keyboard to open ‘Command Prompt as Administrator’

Step 6: Type the following commands and hit ‘Enter’ key after each to execute.

Step 7: Once executed, restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

techs magic, Jun 20, 2024
  3. FFKnob Win User
    Establishing a VPN connection once I'm in a RDP session

I'm currently running a virtual machine with Windows 10. A connect to this virtual machine trough Remote Desktop Protocol. Once connected I want to establish a VPN connection to another server, but Windows forbidens me of doing that based on some security policy. If I access the virtual machine's console directly I can establish the VPN. Can you help me find out how to change this security policy so I can establish VPN connections when I'm a RDP? Maybe there is something in Windows registry I could change in order to achieve that.

I'm using a Cisco VPN client, but I guess the problem would occur no matter which VPN client I tried to use. My currentlu workaround solution is to go to my VM server (Proxmox), access the VMs console directly, than establish the VPN connection through there and once the VPN is established I can connect to the VM with RDP. The VPN connection will not break, so I guess this security policy is applied only at the very moment the VPN is being established...

Tried to find something in gpedit.exe, but couldn't...

Thank you.

FFKnob, Jun 20, 2024
  4. amir77a Win User

Unable to establish a VPN connection on Windows 11 ARP Laptop

Can't establish VPN connection to my office

I've upgraded both my laptop and my desktop in my office to Windows 10 Pro (both were coming from Windows 8.1).

VPN was working perfect before the upgrade.

At current I can't establish a VPN connection to my office.

The VPN server (at my office) is listening to port 3390.
    Checking with netstat and port scanner, the port (3390) is opened.

On the VPN client I'm typing server IP:3390 but getting an error message saying "the remote connection was not made because the name of the remote server did not resolve).

Using just my server IP, I'm getting "verifying your connection info", and then "connecting to server IP".... and.. nothing more. It never connects.

Any help would be very appreciated.

amir77a, Jun 20, 2024
Thema:

Unable to establish a VPN connection on Windows 11 ARP Laptop

1. Unable to establish a VPN connection on Windows 11 ARP Laptop - Similar Threads - Unable establish VPN

2. Unable to establish a VPN connection on Windows 11 ARP Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to establish a VPN connection on Windows 11 ARP Laptop: Hi,I have a Windows-11 ARM 64-bit laptop ASUS Vivobook S15 and I’m trying to set up a VPN using the in-built Microsoft VPN.Unfortunately, when I switch the VPN on I get this message “The network connection between your computer and the VPN server was interrupted. This can be...
  3. Unable to establish a VPN connection on Windows 11 ARP Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to establish a VPN connection on Windows 11 ARP Laptop: Hi,I have a Windows-11 ARM 64-bit laptop ASUS Vivobook S15 and I’m trying to set up a VPN using the in-built Microsoft VPN.Unfortunately, when I switch the VPN on I get this message “The network connection between your computer and the VPN server was interrupted. This can be...
  4. Unable to establish a VPN connection on Windows 11 ARP Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Fix FortiClient unable to establish the VPN connection. The VPN server may be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix FortiClient unable to establish the VPN connection. The VPN server may be...: Whenever i try to connect to FortiClient VPN in Windows 10 computer, it fails to connect and saying ‘FortiClient unable to establish the VPN connection. The VPN server may be unreachable’ along with some error codes -8, -14, -6008, -5, -20199, or other error codes on error...
  6. How to Fix FortiClient unable to establish the VPN connection. The VPN server may be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Fix FortiClient unable to establish the VPN connection. The VPN server may be...: Whenever i try to connect to FortiClient VPN in Windows 10 computer, it fails to connect and saying ‘FortiClient unable to establish the VPN connection. The VPN server may be unreachable’ along with some error codes -8, -14, -6008, -5, -20199, or other error codes on error...
  7. Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established: Either a recent update from Nord or Microsoft is causing my Phone Link connection to go offline. It has worked fine since I first began using it when I upgraded to Windows 11 until the last few days. I added Phone Link to the apps list for Split Tunneling, but that did not...
  8. Problems with establishing a VPN connection to the Intranet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with establishing a VPN connection to the Intranet: Hey, Short summary of what i am trying to do: To get access to my data on the univerity network i have to connect to the intranet via VPN. I have a servername, my username and password. At first i tried to connect with the recommended (by the uni) client "Aruba Virtual...
  9. Can't establish VPN connection to my office

Can't establish VPN connection to my office: I've upgraded both my laptop and my desktop in my office to Windows 10 Pro (both were coming from Windows 8.1). VPN was working perfect before the upgrade. At current I can't establish a VPN connection to my office. The VPN server (at my office) is listening to port...
  10. VPN: A connection to the remote computer could not be established

VPN: A connection to the remote computer could not be established: After i reseted the whole network, the VPN does not work anymore no matter how i configurated the VPN but it works in Virtual Machine. What i did was input these commands in cmd Code: netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew ipconfig...