Windows 10: Unable to exclude local machine's Pictures folder from being readded to Photos App

Discus and support Unable to exclude local machine's Pictures folder from being readded to Photos App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to use the Photos app to find and index all pictures in my Dropbox folder and my Onedrive folder. Both folders have been set to keep all cloud... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JALong1, Sep 20, 2021.

1. JALong1 Win User

Unable to exclude local machine's Pictures folder from being readded to Photos App

I want to use the Photos app to find and index all pictures in my Dropbox folder and my Onedrive folder. Both folders have been set to keep all cloud and added data local. No other locations should be indexed.Photos repeatedly re-adds the local machine's Pictures folder, no matter where I move it and how many times I delete the local Pictures folder from settings from settings.How can I keep Photos focused on the two locations and exclude what appears to be a default location?

:)

JALong1, Sep 20, 2021

2. Photos app not reading photos

Photos app reads all pictures in my pictures folder but I have the following folder with my synced wallpapers and it says no readable photos found

the app does not read pictures located in appdata/local/Microsoft/windows/themes
    The folder is desktop background and it has all of my synced wallpapers

is this a limitation where pictures from certain folders in app data don’t show?

Steven Campoli, Sep 20, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Can't convince Photos app to use local pictures file...

Unable to exclude local machine's Pictures folder from being readded to Photos App [​IMG]

- the right hand one is in Pictures.

I suggest putting an image file in a folder not under a user account, adding that folder, and seeing if that is recognised and displayed.

dalchina, Sep 20, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Unable to exclude local machine's Pictures folder from being readded to Photos App

Photos app not reading photos

Yes...

Unable to exclude local machine's Pictures folder from being readded to Photos App [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to exclude local machine's Pictures folder from being readded to Photos App - Similar Threads - Unable exclude local

2. Exclude web from local searches?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Exclude web from local searches?: When I search for "sourdough" in the lower left field next to the Windows button, I'm hoping to get results of documents or images with the keyword "sourdough" in the title or contents. Instead, most of the results are web pages about sourdough. Can I configure the Windows...
  3. Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app: Hi everyone! I am fairly new to the Windows 10 photo application and I'm having some issues with organizing my pictures. 1st question: While in the "folders" tab, if I try to create a new folder and import my OneDrive pictures it will show the folders saved to my...
  4. Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder: Just Reset Photos because it is not importing pictures from my Pictures Folder but is happily importing them from other folders. Option is to share but how to I get it to import them. It was working a few days ago...
  5. Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder

Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder: How do move a picture that is in a Folder in Pictures in my File Explorer to a folder in my Photos App. I can't drag it or copy and paste it, so is there some way to do this?...
  6. Problems with Photos app in Pictures folder

Problems with Photos app in Pictures folder: The first problem is, w hen I try to open a file in This PC > Pictures, I get this error message [ATTACH] The error does not occur if I go to Owner > Pictures instead of This PC > Pictures, or if I am already in This PC > Pictures and I click on the folder again, then open...
  7. Unable to import pictures using Photo App from iPhone

Unable to import pictures using Photo App from iPhone: I cannot import pictures because when I click on Import, it informs that "something went wrong" . Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-import-pictures-using-photo-app-from/827bfa21-ce3f-40a7-8066-b424b7ade852"
  8. Disappearing photos after being saved on Picture/Folder

Disappearing photos after being saved on Picture/Folder: Saved photos on the folder freshly edited from Photoshop were missing/gone time to time Before, photos are visible but when the last picture was saved, all pictures were gone. i have tried it all over again, the same scenario, picture is disappearing after being saved in a...
  9. Unable to delete pictures from Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete pictures from Photos app: I just downloaded pictures from a backup disc to my new computer. I can't delete individual pictures. Do I have to uninstall the app? can't find any 'settings' to help correct the problem. ***Modified title from: MS photo app. can't delete pictures.***...
  10. adding picture folders to the Photo app

adding picture folders to the Photo app: I have a few thousand pictures on my laptop that are in 75 folders under the Pictures folder. I want to copy/move all to the Photos app. and have the individual folders become albums in Photos. How can I accomplish this without loading 75 different folders?...