Windows 10: Unable to execute file, access is denied problem

Discus and support Unable to execute file, access is denied problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded an installer of a known animating program directly from their website. I installed it successfully and were able to use and normally. That... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Elmer Jr. G.Felisilda, May 24, 2020.

1. Unable to execute file, access is denied problem

I downloaded an installer of a known animating program directly from their website. I installed it successfully and were able to use and normally. That was the month before this problem showed up. Now, when I open the program, it won't let me use it because of an error.

There were two errors that I have encountered.

The first one was that the file is being used by another process. I have no idea what's using the file since I'm the only one using the computer.

So I reinstalled the program, hoping it would work this time. After installation, the installation wizard is about to launch the program, then another error came up.

Unable to execute file

CreateProcess failed; code 5.

Access is denied.

I don't know what to do, and how did this happen. The user account I'm using has administrator status, and I ran the installer as administrator, but I can't run the program. It was working last month, now it's not.

I know the installer and the program is safe, since I've been using it for a long time, so what's happening?

Is there a fix?

:)

Elmer Jr. G.Felisilda, May 24, 2020
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, May 24, 2020
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Denied access to files

Ok I got a pc in from a friend and he wants me to fix it, it doesn't boot up properly so I was thinking reinstall windows but first I have to save all his songs and crap. First problem it denies me access to the files on his HDD when it is hooked up to my pc .... damn. Second problem is that it is a very, very old pc nforce 2 chipset and I can't ID the board so I can't get the drivers. It won't turn on so I can't check it that way any ideas.

DrPepper, May 24, 2020
  4. Unable to execute file, access is denied problem

help with Error "unable to execute file in the temporary directory.....

Upon trying to simply upgrade my malwarebytes version, by selecting "yes" to install, I see this error message:

"Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Set up aborted. Error 5: Access is denied"

I googled and tried the solution the Security > Advanced, etc. here:

Fix issue: “Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted. Error 5: Access is denied.” - Driver Easy

without success.

Any other ideas/replies will be welcomed.

chrisjchrisj, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Unable to execute file, access is denied problem

1. Unable to execute file, access is denied problem - Similar Threads - Unable execute file

2. Access to file denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to file denied: Files from previous account held in new account but access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-file-denied/68d6af4c-32bd-4077-885c-45af79360b2e
  3. Access to file denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to file denied: Files from previous account held in new account but access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-file-denied/68d6af4c-32bd-4077-885c-45af79360b2e
  4. Execution of the windows script host failed {access is denied}

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Execution of the windows script host failed {access is denied}: Hi i've looked online but can't find an answer to this i have a popup on startup and it just doesn't stop popping up. the message is ' Execution of the windows script host failed {access is denied} i've run virus scans and altered the registry changing the vbs file as...
  5. Execution of the windows script host failed {access is denied}

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Execution of the windows script host failed {access is denied}: Hi i've looked online but can't find an answer to this i have a popup on startup and it just doesn't stop popping up. the message is ' Execution of the windows script host failed {access is denied} i've run virus scans and altered the registry changing the vbs file as...
  6. Unable to execute file in temporary directory error, Error 5, Access Is Denied

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to execute file in temporary directory error, Error 5, Access Is Denied: [ATTACH]Installing new software on Windows 10 computers should be a breeze. You don’t have […] This article Unable to execute file in temporary directory error, Error 5, Access Is Denied first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. File Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Access Denied: I am trying to add a comment to a URL shortcut on my desktop. So, I right click the file, choose Properties, then Details. I fill in the Description field. I hit Apply and get: File Access Denied - You'll need to provide administrator permission to apply properties to this...
  8. Unable to execute file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to execute file: Purchase a new computer with windows 10 on it. When trying to install a program on it I get this error message: ShellExecuteEx failed; code 5. Access is denied. Help what does this mean? What do I need to do? I'm listed as the administrator....
  9. Error: Unable to create a temporary file. Access denied.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error: Unable to create a temporary file. Access denied.: I am usong Windows 10 with administrator rights, and using Quick Heal Total Security. I downloaded a game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare(Remastered) from www.crohasit.com . As I clicked on setup.exe it asked my permission to run it and then displayed me the above error...
  10. File Access Denied

in Windows 10 Support
    File Access Denied: I get the following message when I try to 'save, 'save as' or 'paste': File Access Denied You require permission from Unix User\nobody to make changes to this file. I have no idea was to what causes this nor have I made any security changes. Any ideas? 29590