Windows 10: Unable to execute file due to permissions

Discus and support Unable to execute file due to permissions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I signed in with an Administrator account in Windows 10 and I was trying to execute an exe file but I was unable to. So I tried to make changes to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eva123OO, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Eva123OO Win User

Unable to execute file due to permissions

I signed in with an Administrator account in Windows 10 and I was trying to execute an exe file but I was unable to. So I tried to make changes to the security permission but it show a message that "You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object" so I wasn't able to view anything. What is the solution for this?

:)

Eva123OO, Jun 30, 2020

2. Unable to view transferred files due to permissions issue

Hello,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows regarding accessing the backup files. We will help you.

How was the files backed up, using File history or Backup and Restore?

This issue might have occurred due to lack of permissions set to the drive/ folder.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to set provide permission of the folders to users and check if it helps.

Steps to give permissions to the drive:

• Right-click on the folder which you’re unable to access and select
      Properties.

• Click on Security tab and under
      Group or user names
      click on Edit.

• Click on Add and type
      Everyone.

• Click on Check names and then click
      OK.

• Select Everyone and under
      Allow
      select Full control and click on
      Apply and Click Ok.

For reference go through the below article:

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Unable to open documents due to permission error

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you have signed in to the Administrators account.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.
    • Tap or click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.
    To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important You must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.
    • Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.
    • Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.
    For the Printer issue: I suggest you to run printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Unable to execute file due to permissions

Folder won't open due to permission issue

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand your concern. Let me help you.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.

To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important you must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.

• Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Unable to execute file due to permissions

1. Unable to execute file due to permissions - Similar Threads - Unable execute file

2. About read & execute permission for text file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    About read & execute permission for text file: When you create a fileetc, create a text file using explorer, it seems read & execute permission is given by default. Why read & execute permission is given by default to a text file ?Can this permission be removed ?...
  3. About read & execute permission for text file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About read & execute permission for text file: When you create a fileetc, create a text file using explorer, it seems read & execute permission is given by default. Why read & execute permission is given by default to a text file ?Can this permission be removed ?...
  4. About read & execute permission for text file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to download an executable file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download an executable file.: I am trying to download Turbotax2021. This a executable file which needs SetUp.exe access. However Windows 10 that I presently have does not allow downloading an Executable file. WHAT SHOULD I DO.?...
  6. Unable to download an executable file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download an executable file.: I am trying to download Turbotax2021. This a executable file which needs SetUp.exe access. However Windows 10 that I presently have does not allow downloading an Executable file. WHAT SHOULD I DO.?...
  7. Unable to download an executable file.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. can't modify file due to lack of permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    can't modify file due to lack of permissions: I am admin on my home PC and since i upgraded to 10 i can't seem to do a lot of things. In some cases i have been able to go into the file's properties and allow myself permission but in others not. Why is this? And how can i just have full control over everything? I can't...
  9. Minecraft Dungeons executable file inaccessible, permissions denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Minecraft Dungeons executable file inaccessible, permissions denied: It is so incredibly infuriating having to deal with Microsoft's BS all the time. Again and again, somehow they find a way to annoy users in new and creative ways. My current problem is that I was looking for the Minecraft Dungeons exe file so I could create a shortcut for my...
  10. Unable to execute file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to execute file: Purchase a new computer with windows 10 on it. When trying to install a program on it I get this error message: ShellExecuteEx failed; code 5. Access is denied. Help what does this mean? What do I need to do? I'm listed as the administrator....