Windows 10: Unable to execute file

Discus and support Unable to execute file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Purchase a new computer with windows 10 on it. When trying to install a program on it I get this error message: ShellExecuteEx failed; code 5. Access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Reneedubb, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Reneedubb Win User

Unable to execute file

Purchase a new computer with windows 10 on it. When trying to install a program on it I get this error message: ShellExecuteEx failed; code 5. Access is denied.

Help what does this mean? What do I need to do? I'm listed as the administrator.

:)

Reneedubb, Feb 16, 2020
  2. KTD007 Win User

Unable to execute a file from D: drive

Hello Experts

I am facing an issue, and need your help to figure out what is going wrong.

On my Windows 2016 Server 64 bit, I am unable to execute any ".exe" file from the D: drive.

I am getting the following error while doing so (In this example, I am trying to install chrome, however I saved the ChomeSetup.exe file on my D: drive)

I am an Admin, and I have tried the following steps till now.

1) Verify that I am an Admin

2) Take ownership of the D: drive (by opening CMD as "Run as Administrator"

C:\Windows\system32>takeown /f D: /R

3) Provided full control to the D:ChromeSetup.exe file in the file's properties>security tab

4) Disabled the UAC

5) Tried executing D:\ChromeSetup.exe by right clicking and "Run As Administrator"

Unfortunately, even after carrying out above steps - I am still getting the error as per the snapshot. I have read all the posts by other users who were facing this error, and tried everything that was suggested by Microsoft MVP, and I am still getting the
    error.

Thanks

KD

KTD007, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Standby: unable to execute file for security reason E5-00

I've got the same problem on a Nokia E75. Since little over a month i get the 'unable to execute file for security reason' message when I try opening Opera Mobile. Reinstalling the app fixes this issue for about a week. Anyone got any suggestions?

davidvw---01, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Abi99 (2) Win User

Unable to execute file

unable to execute file for security reasons

Did you go through our archive …

Abi99 (2), Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Unable to execute file

1. Unable to execute file - Similar Threads - Unable execute file

2. Unable to download an executable file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download an executable file.: I am trying to download Turbotax2021. This a executable file which needs SetUp.exe access. However Windows 10 that I presently have does not allow downloading an Executable file. WHAT SHOULD I DO.?...
  3. Unable to download an executable file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download an executable file.: I am trying to download Turbotax2021. This a executable file which needs SetUp.exe access. However Windows 10 that I presently have does not allow downloading an Executable file. WHAT SHOULD I DO.?...
  4. Unable to download an executable file.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Launcher Error/Unable to execute!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Launcher Error/Unable to execute!: Hi! Name is Jeremiah! I need help with an game called Genshin Impact, I have downloaded this game from their official website and when I tried to run my own diagnostics i.e. solving it without any support via tech support so I tried to Google some results on how to fix this...
  6. Unable to execute any files in a different internal drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to execute any files in a different internal drive.: [ATTACH] Any executable file I put inside this other internal drive, I can't seem to execute it at at all, I have tried to see if I have read,write and execute privileges and I do. since I am using Windows 10 home edition, There is no group policy so I can't seem to edit...
  7. Unable to execute file due to permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to execute file due to permissions: I signed in with an Administrator account in Windows 10 and I was trying to execute an exe file but I was unable to. So I tried to make changes to the security permission but it show a message that "You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object" so I...
  8. Unable to execute file, access is denied problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to execute file, access is denied problem: I downloaded an installer of a known animating program directly from their website. I installed it successfully and were able to use and normally. That was the month before this problem showed up. Now, when I open the program, it won't let me use it because of an error....
  9. help with Error "unable to execute file in the temporary directory.....

in Windows 10 Customization
    help with Error "unable to execute file in the temporary directory.....: Upon trying to simply upgrade my malwarebytes version, by selecting "yes" to install, I see this error message: "Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Set up aborted. Error 5: Access is denied" I googled and tried the solution the Security > Advanced, etc....
  10. "unable to execute file" windows 10 after latest upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "unable to execute file" windows 10 after latest upgrade: every time i want to install some games on my laptop this error appear "unable to execute file" windows 10 pro latest update [ATTACH]...