Windows 10: UNABLE TO EXTEND AN ALREADY EXISTING PARTITION WHICH IS FULL

Discus and support UNABLE TO EXTEND AN ALREADY EXISTING PARTITION WHICH IS FULL in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I have a partition allocated for my virtual machine. I allocated 20Gb on my SSD for it, but need to expand it now to accommodate the machine. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Riqui_Pep, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Riqui_Pep Win User

UNABLE TO EXTEND AN ALREADY EXISTING PARTITION WHICH IS FULL

Hi,I have a partition allocated for my virtual machine. I allocated 20Gb on my SSD for it, but need to expand it now to accommodate the machine. I tried using the extend feature but it is grayed out. Also, there is no free and unallocated disk right to the partition. How do I solve this?

:)

Riqui_Pep, Oct 1, 2021
  2. UserTen Win User

Unable to Use Unallocated Space to Extend Partition

Okay...thanks. Will look at it tomorrow. FYI, I figured out how to get that unformatted G partition back into D.

In Disk Management, I right clicked G and selected "Delete Volume." That rendered the partition as unallocated. I was then able to extend D with that space.

Thanks again for all of the help!

UNABLE TO EXTEND AN ALREADY EXISTING PARTITION WHICH IS FULL [​IMG]

UserTen, Oct 1, 2021
  3. Unable to extend thee partition.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to extend the disk partition. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you have any unallocated space on the hard drive and are you trying would like to inform you that you could only extend partition from left to right.

If the partition was previously formatted with the NTFS file system, the file system is automatically extended to occupy the larger partition. No data loss occurs. If the partition was previously formatted with any file system format other than NTFS,
    the command fails with no change to the partition.

For the better understanding of the issue, I suggest you to provide the screenshot of the Disk management.

Refer: How to include a screenshot in your post.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...our-post/2594b08e-32a3-476a-85a6-b021181be7e4

Please reply to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 1, 2021
  4. ered Win User

Unable to Extend Partition

Thanks, I was able to Extend my C drive!!*Cool, Good LUCK Joywald. !!

ered, Oct 1, 2021
Thema:

1. UNABLE TO EXTEND AN ALREADY EXISTING PARTITION WHICH IS FULL - Similar Threads - UNABLE EXTEND ALREADY

2. Unable to extend partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to extend partition: I am aware that the unallocated space must be immediately after the partition that I want to extend. The default Windows application cannot move partitions, and I prefer not to use third-party apps.I want to implement the solution provided here first answer. But in my case,...
  3. Unable to extend partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to extend partition: I am aware that the unallocated space must be immediately after the partition that I want to extend. The default Windows application cannot move partitions, and I prefer not to use third-party apps.I want to implement the solution provided here first answer. But in my case,...
  4. Unable to extend partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to extend C partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to extend C partition: I am trying to extend C drive but the option is greyed out. I understand this is because the unallocated space is not right contiguous to C drive, Is there any way I can achieve this preferably without using 3rd party software?...
  6. Unable to extend C partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to extend C partition: I am trying to extend C drive but the option is greyed out. I understand this is because the unallocated space is not right contiguous to C drive, Is there any way I can achieve this preferably without using 3rd party software?...
  7. Unable to extend C partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to Extend main partition

Unable to Extend main partition: I have a kingston ssd 240 gigs . earlier I had made partition from it . which was around 16GBs and now I want to extend the volume of my main partition but Im unable to do it ... Please Help me with this. please find screen shot attached....
  9. Unable to extend C: partition

Unable to extend C: partition: Hi I am trying to configure my recently purchased laptop which came with Win 10 installed. It also came with a hard drive partiton (D:) pre installed. The C: partition is marginally larger than is required by the Win 10 installation. Anyway, I am loading on various apps...
  10. Unable to Extend Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Extend Partition: I hope someone can help. Since upgrading to Windows 10 I have had to keep extending the primary partition, now up to 250Gb and full. I do have free capacity on another partition from which I have been taking spare capacity with any problems so far, but the partition tool...