Windows 10: Unable to extend C drive

Discus and support Unable to extend C drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a laptop, I believed I had one disc with to partitions but I now believe I have 2 discs. My C drive is nearly full, I have deleted D drive its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John Bedford, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Unable to extend C drive

I have a laptop, I believed I had one disc with to partitions but I now believe I have 2 discs. My C drive is nearly full, I have deleted D drive its now showing as unallocated space. I deleted thinking I could extend but that's not the case. So now I have 250 GB of space I cannot use. Help please how to combine or use the larger volume as C drive is almost full...… Any help please

:)

John Bedford, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Micheal3 Win User

Unable to extend C drive

So recently I've been trying to extend my c drive seeing as it was getting to be full and the D drive had plenty of room. After doing some research I figured out that I simply need to delete the D drive to free up the space and then use the extend C drive
    option to add space. However, even after I deleted the D drive the extend option is still gray and will not allow me to extend the drive. I can make a new D drive and reclaim the space but I am unable to extend the C drive at this time. I'm not too keen on
    downloading a third party program to basically force my computer to finally extend the drive so I'm trying to figure out what could be going wrong.

Micheal3, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Croxford Win User
    Unable to extend C drive

I am trying to extend my C drive as I am running out of storage space. I have 15gb of unallocated space available but I have 2 Healthy Partition Sections between my c dive and the unallocated memory.

Can someone please let me know how I can extend my c drive as when I use the Disk Management routine the extend option is not available

Many thanks

Croxford, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Unable to extend C drive

Extend C drive Size

Your Image does not show a D partition. It does show an F partition which if reduced in size would enable you to increase the size of the C partition.

These are the steps needed to enable you to increase the size of your C partition:

• Reduce F by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before F.

• Increase the Recovery partition by 20 gb taking up unallocated space created by Step 1.

• Reduce the Recovery partition by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

• Increase the C partition by 20 gb to take in the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

You can use Easeus Partition Manager (freeware) to carry out these tasks. The files in each partition are automatically moved when you carry out each step detailed above.

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS® Partition Master Free

How to extend system partition when there is no unallocated space next to it?

Detailed solutions to manage disk space and partition size with EaseUS Partition Master

Gerry C J Cornell, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Unable to extend C drive

1. Unable to extend C drive - Similar Threads - Unable extend drive

2. To extend C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    To extend C Drive: I have installed WIN10 on laptop few days ago. And make NVME SSD partitions of 30 gb and 140 gb. Now want to extend C partion but while checking it in disk management I found 140 gb free partion before C drive. How can I extend C drive without reformation the disk?Please...
  3. To extend C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To extend C Drive: I have installed WIN10 on laptop few days ago. And make NVME SSD partitions of 30 gb and 140 gb. Now want to extend C partion but while checking it in disk management I found 140 gb free partion before C drive. How can I extend C drive without reformation the disk?Please...
  4. Extend C Drive

Extend C Drive: Hello! voiam sa extend volumul C .. But the unalocated space need to be in the right of the C drive .. But how ?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-c-drive/390951b4-f536-4f63-bf35-2dd0082b99a0
  5. Unable To Extend C Drive

Unable To Extend C Drive: Hi, I have been trying to extend my C boot drive using the disk management tool, as it only has 120gb, where as my D data drive has 900gb. However, though I can shrink the D drive, it won't allow me to extend the volume of the C drive. I've downloaded various partition...
  6. Extending C: Drive

Extending C: Drive: So I was trying to extend my C: drive then this happened...[ATTACH] is there any way I can move them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extending-c-drive/c69cad14-828d-4c3d-9ad0-0b39f94716dd
  7. Extending C Drive

Extending C Drive: Hello, I'm seeking help to extend my C Drive. Hopefully the image below helps a bit. Usually I'm aware you can just right click the partition of the drive and the Extend drive button works but it seems like my computer has entered sicko mode and wont allow me to extend the...
  8. Extend C drive

Extend C drive: My C drive is nearly filled. I've copied all the data from D drive to H drive and want to deleteunallocate the D drive but it's grayed. And one more thing D drive can't be formatted because all the recycle bin folders are connected to the D drive and after deleting the...
  9. extending c drive

extending c drive: not able to extend c drive due to windows re tools on the left of c drive partition. Is there a way to move windows re tools partition to some other location??????? plz help...
  10. Extend c drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extend c drive: My c drive is full .then how to extend c drive please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/extend-c-drive/ae3dbaba-8d06-4d4c-a432-8bbee2a7c2f2