Windows 10: unable to extend dual monitor while signed in remotely

Discus and support unable to extend dual monitor while signed in remotely in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello- I have set up dual monitors to extend with my laptop and another monitor. This works perfectly until I sign into work remotely- than I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lindsay_423, Nov 16, 2020.

1. unable to extend dual monitor while signed in remotely

Hello-

I have set up dual monitors to extend with my laptop and another monitor. This works perfectly until I sign into work remotely- than I am not able to extend the remote session over the two monitors???

I have windows 10 home and my work uses window 10 pro-- does this prevent me from doing that?

Please help!!

Thank you,

Lindsay

:)

Lindsay_423, Nov 16, 2020
  2. jcmcbt Win User

remote access dual monitors

Using windows 10 at home, remote access to windows 7. Want to utilize dual monitors at home (use dual at work) unable to select Use all monitors in options on display tab with remote desktop (grey). Is this a way to utilize my dual monitors at home using
    remote desktop?

ty.

jcmcbt, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 16, 2020
  4. unable to extend dual monitor while signed in remotely

Windows 10 Dual Monitors Extended

Hi Julia,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret for the inconvenience caused. I appreciate that you have tried a few troubleshooting steps. Let me help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to check with the article created by Karthick Vengaloor
    and see if it helps.

Windows 8.1 Extend dual monitor and resolution issue after update

And for a work around please go through the below article for further information.

Click on,
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

I hope the information helps. If not, reply back with the details and updated status. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

unable to extend dual monitor while signed in remotely

1. unable to extend dual monitor while signed in remotely - Similar Threads - unable extend dual

2. Dual Monitors not extending - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitors not extending - Windows 10: Hi! I have a Samsung Curved Gaming Monitor and a HP Office Monitor. I plan to connect both of these monitors to my pc so i can have a dual monitor setup. I've tried countless cables, splitters and multiple test monitors and all my pc wants to do is duplicate and not extend....
  3. Connecting Dual Mode Monitor As A Extender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Dual Mode Monitor As A Extender: Hi I Am Mangal Ram And I Uses Windows 10 I Wanted To Extend My Screen 1. can I Extend My Screen With VGA Y Splitter * I Wanted To Extend My Screen not to Duplicate My Screen2. Or If you have other method to do it * I Have One VGA port And No HDMI port can you tell me how to...
  4. Connecting Dual Mode Monitor As A Extender

Connecting Dual Mode Monitor As A Extender: Hi I Am Mangal Ram And I Uses Windows 10 I Wanted To Extend My Screen 1. can I Extend My Screen With VGA Y Splitter * I Wanted To Extend My Screen not to Duplicate My Screen2. Or If you have other method to do it * I Have One VGA port And No HDMI port can you tell me how to...
  5. Dual Monitor flickering when extended

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor flickering when extended: So I have bought a PC in July 2020. I have an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with a Radeon 5700 XT. And for some reason when I connect a second display and put it on extended mode it starts to flicker every second until I turn it off again. It works if I use Radeon Eyeinfinty or what ever...
  6. Dual monitor flickering when extended

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor flickering when extended: So I have bought a PC in July 2020. I have an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with a Radeon 5700 XT. And for some reason when I connect a second display and put it on extended mode it starts to flicker every second until I turn it off again. It works if I use Radeon Eyeinfinty (or what ever...
  7. Remote Desktop Dual Monitor

Remote Desktop Dual Monitor: just downloaded windows 10 Pro, because windows 10 Home didn't support remote desktop. Now I cannot get my second monitor to work in the Remote Desktop, only allows it on one monitor....
  8. Dual Monitors wont work while working remotely

Dual Monitors wont work while working remotely: My dual monitors will work on my own personal desktop. however, when I log in to work remotely for my job on their platform, the dual monitor capability doesn't work...
  9. dual monitor while connecting remotely

dual monitor while connecting remotely: I am able to use dual monitors. However, while using only laptop without the 2nd monitor hooked up I am able to remote into my workstation and the screen appears as if I where sitting in the office. When I connect the 2nd monitor the bottom tool bar reverts back to my...
  10. Unable to Extend Monitors

Unable to Extend Monitors: I have a HP Envy x360 Convertible 15m-bq0. It has only one video port - HDMI. I have attached a HDMI Splitter box, and it enables me to connect 2 Monitors. The problem is that it displays mirrored only, displaying the same picture on both screens. When I go to the Display...