Windows 10: unable to extend my c drive even when unallocated storage is available

Discus and support unable to extend my c drive even when unallocated storage is available in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys,i am using windows 10 and i am trying to extend my c drive.even when i have unllocated space in the drive still unable to see extend drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rahulnigam_24, Jun 11, 2021.

1. unable to extend my c drive even when unallocated storage is available

Hi Guys,i am using windows 10 and i am trying to extend my c drive.even when i have unllocated space in the drive still unable to see extend drive option,PFB Screenshot for same.

:)

Rahulnigam_24, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Anwille Win User

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Croxford Win User
    Unable to extend C drive

I am trying to extend my C drive as I am running out of storage space. I have 15gb of unallocated space available but I have 2 Healthy Partition Sections between my c dive and the unallocated memory.

Can someone please let me know how I can extend my c drive as when I use the Disk Management routine the extend option is not available

Many thanks

Croxford, Jun 11, 2021
  4. unable to extend my c drive even when unallocated storage is available

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

unable to extend my c drive even when unallocated storage is available

1. unable to extend my c drive even when unallocated storage is available - Similar Threads - unable extend drive

2. Loss of C: drive Available Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loss of C: drive Available Storage: Problem: On my Dell Inspiron 3250 desktop new Windows 10 with a 1TB C: drive, using File Explorer, I noticed I was losing about 20 GB of storage capacity per day. Troubleshooting: My McAfee virus software was detecting no virus. Using File Explorer, I was unable to see...
  3. extend c drive storage space

extend c drive storage space: c drive has fixed storage i:e 38 gb,now how to extend my storage data in c drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-c-drive-storage-space/b1ccba02-2e20-4360-acf5-94cefeb6890b
  4. Unable To Extend C Drive

Unable To Extend C Drive: Hi, I have been trying to extend my C boot drive using the disk management tool, as it only has 120gb, where as my D data drive has 900gb. However, though I can shrink the D drive, it won't allow me to extend the volume of the C drive. I've downloaded various partition...
  5. Extending C: Drive

Extending C: Drive: So I was trying to extend my C: drive then this happened...[ATTACH] is there any way I can move them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extending-c-drive/c69cad14-828d-4c3d-9ad0-0b39f94716dd
  6. Extend C drive

Extend C drive: My C drive is nearly filled. I've copied all the data from D drive to H drive and want to deleteunallocate the D drive but it's grayed. And one more thing D drive can't be formatted because all the recycle bin folders are connected to the D drive and after deleting the...
  7. Unable to extend C drive

Unable to extend C drive: I have a laptop, I believed I had one disc with to partitions but I now believe I have 2 discs. My C drive is nearly full, I have deleted D drive its now showing as unallocated space. I deleted thinking I could extend but that's not the case. So now I have 250 GB of space I...
  8. Drive c unallocated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive c unallocated: hello , I need help I was trying to install new windows (10) to my pc at the installation i was trying to format C to remove old windows then " Next " for the new windows , But it show error , so I tried to delete the partition so I can " create new " but when I choose "...
  9. extending c drive

extending c drive: not able to extend c drive due to windows re tools on the left of c drive partition. Is there a way to move windows re tools partition to some other location??????? plz help...
  10. Extend c drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extend c drive: My c drive is full .then how to extend c drive please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/extend-c-drive/ae3dbaba-8d06-4d4c-a432-8bbee2a7c2f2