Windows 10: Unable to extend or merge volumes in a 64 GB Samsung USB drive

Discus and support Unable to extend or merge volumes in a 64 GB Samsung USB drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Samsung 64 GB USB drive. Somehow I am seeing only 32 GB in that drive. When I go to disk management, I can see that remaining... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Win10Usr, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Win10Usr Win User

Unable to extend or merge volumes in a 64 GB Samsung USB drive

Hello,

I have a Samsung 64 GB USB drive.

Somehow I am seeing only 32 GB in that drive. When I go to disk management, I can see that remaining storage is unallocated, I am not able to extend one of the volume nor able to merge the 2 volumes. I have tried by creating another volume for the unallocated space and then merge but unable to do it.

Please help !

Unable to extend or merge volumes in a 64 GB Samsung USB drive d931a4ae-be4e-4cdf-8f2f-3c5656f1e0d2?upload=true.jpg

:)

Win10Usr, Oct 7, 2020

2. how to merge c drive and d drive

It depends on a couple things.

If you have two separate physical C and D drives, you can't merge them.

If the D drive is a partition (not a drive) and its to the right of C:\ in Disk Management, you can right click C:\ then click Extend.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Take a screenshot then post in a reply here.

If the layout is similar to how I described it, try the following. Make sure important data is backed up if there is any.

Select the D:\ partition

Right click the ‘D:\’ in Disk Management, on the contextual menu, click the ‘Delete Volume’ option. Click ‘Yes’ when the warning dialog appears.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition (C:\). Right click the System volume and click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre for Directly, Oct 7, 2020
  3. how to merge c drive and d drive

Right click and delete these two disk partitions.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition (C:\). Right click the System volume and click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Unable to extend or merge volumes in a 64 GB Samsung USB drive a431e9b9-d57b-43c9-8a87-3616fd10bae8?upload=true.png

Andre for Directly, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Unable to extend or merge volumes in a 64 GB Samsung USB drive

How to extend OS drive volume in Windows 10.?

, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu

I want to extend so your answer is really frustrating ans. I want to extend so why should i shrink and select extend? Extend option is already Dim or unavailable?

Amjad Ali (amjad.ali), Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Unable to extend or merge volumes in a 64 GB Samsung USB drive

1. Unable to extend or merge volumes in a 64 GB Samsung USB drive - Similar Threads - Unable extend merge

2. Unable to extend volume greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to extend volume greyed out: I have a new 4TB external drive that I bought to replace a failing 2TB one. I used DiskGenius to clone the old drive to the new one, which has worked, but left the new drive with a size of 2TB instead of 4TB. I can see the unallocated space in Disk Management, but it won't...
  3. Unable to extend volume greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to extend volume greyed out: I have a new 4TB external drive that I bought to replace a failing 2TB one. I used DiskGenius to clone the old drive to the new one, which has worked, but left the new drive with a size of 2TB instead of 4TB. I can see the unallocated space in Disk Management, but it won't...
  4. Cannot extend volume greyed out to merge unallocated disk space on same drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot extend volume greyed out to merge unallocated disk space on same drive: Hello,I am trying to merge 93.15 GB of unallocated disk space to my main windows drive, but the option to extend the volume is greyed out. I do not want to format both partitions as I have data on my main drive. How can I combine this unallocated disk space?Thank you...
  5. Cannot extend volume greyed out to merge unallocated disk space on same drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot extend volume greyed out to merge unallocated disk space on same drive: Hello,I am trying to merge 93.15 GB of unallocated disk space to my main windows drive, but the option to extend the volume is greyed out. I do not want to format both partitions as I have data on my main drive. How can I combine this unallocated disk space?Thank you...
  6. Extend Volume C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extend Volume C Drive: Hi i was able to shrink my D Drive storage volume. but, when I want to extend my C Drive, it is GREYED out. I can't select it. Anyone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-volume-c-drive/58720e3a-eb98-462e-8e6c-a559bb97fdc8
  7. I have a 10 gb volume and 80 gb volume , I want to merge them both but the extend volume...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a 10 gb volume and 80 gb volume , I want to merge them both but the extend volume...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/gitarthak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6frv3/i_have_a_10_gb_volume_and_80_gb_volume_i_want_to/
  8. Extend volume on C Drive is grayed out, how to merge space from drive D?

Extend volume on C Drive is grayed out, how to merge space from drive D?: Hi, My C drive is almost full and unable run major applications. I have space on D drive as shown below. When i right click on C drive "Extend Volume " is grayed out. How can merge drive C and D ? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. extending the volume of C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extending the volume of C drive: Inspite following the instruction of extending drives, i still find to have trouble doing the same. i want to extend the volume of c drive which is consuming 106.09 gb and i find difficult to install updates for windows..please help me resolve thi issue. with regards SID...
  10. Extend C: drive volume

Extend C: drive volume: Hi, I need some help trying to extend my C: drive volume. I removed the volume that had my Ubuntu because I don't need it anymore and I want Windows to have 1TB, not 500GB. This is what Disk Management looks like for me: [ATTACH]When I try to extend the C: volume, the option...