Windows 10: Unable to extend Ubuntu partition in Windows Disk Manager!

Discus and support Unable to extend Ubuntu partition in Windows Disk Manager! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I right click the Ubuntu partition to find out that the extend button is gray not usable How do I extend it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jayden MagicCrayon9342, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Unable to extend Ubuntu partition in Windows Disk Manager!

I right click the Ubuntu partition to find out that the extend button is gray not usable How do I extend it?

:)

Jayden MagicCrayon9342, Jun 20, 2020

2. Extend Volume in disk managment not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to follow the exact steps mentioned below and check if you are able to perform the action.

• Run Disk Management. Open Run Command (Windows button +R) a dialog box will open and type "diskmgmt.msc".

• In the Disk Management screen, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu

• Locate your system partition — that’s probably the C: partition. Right-click on it and select “Shrink Volume.” If you have multiple partitions on your hard drive, you could also choose to resize a different partition to free up
      space.
    Check if it helps.

Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Extending partitions

For some reason there's a 5gb unallocated space on my Velociraptor and I can't seem to extend it on the primary partition. And I thought disk management was a phail.

spearman914, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Unable to extend Ubuntu partition in Windows Disk Manager!

Extending partitions

Extend partition on disk management!

B1gg3stN00b, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Unable to extend Ubuntu partition in Windows Disk Manager!

1. Unable to extend Ubuntu partition in Windows Disk Manager! - Similar Threads - Unable extend Ubuntu

2. Unable to extend partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to extend partition: I am aware that the unallocated space must be immediately after the partition that I want to extend. The default Windows application cannot move partitions, and I prefer not to use third-party apps.I want to implement the solution provided here first answer. But in my case,...
  3. Unable to extend partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to extend partition: I am aware that the unallocated space must be immediately after the partition that I want to extend. The default Windows application cannot move partitions, and I prefer not to use third-party apps.I want to implement the solution provided here first answer. But in my case,...
  4. Unable to extend volume of a partition in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to extend volume of a partition in Disk Management: Hello, recently I have deleted a partition on my SSD that was containing another operating system. I did this to expand the size of my Windows partition to install some more games. However, I was unable to extend the volume of my main partition because the "Extend Volume"...
  5. Unable to extend volume of a partition in Disk Management

Unable to extend volume of a partition in Disk Management: Hello, recently I have deleted a partition on my SSD that was containing another operating system. I did this to expand the size of my Windows partition to install some more games. However, I was unable to extend the volume of my main partition because the "Extend Volume"...
  6. Unable to allocate or extend the disk partition after removing ubuntu 22.04

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to allocate or extend the disk partition after removing ubuntu 22.04: I installed Ubuntu 22.04 and then, I didn't like it and remove it again. Now, my basic disk is changed to dynamic and in the dynamic disk, I am unable to allocated the unallocated partition and also cannot extend my volume. How to solve that?...
  7. Unable to allocate or extend the disk partition after removing ubuntu 22.04

Unable to allocate or extend the disk partition after removing ubuntu 22.04: I installed Ubuntu 22.04 and then, I didn't like it and remove it again. Now, my basic disk is changed to dynamic and in the dynamic disk, I am unable to allocated the unallocated partition and also cannot extend my volume. How to solve that?...
  8. Extending Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extending Disk Partition: I have reinstalled my Windows on my system switching back from ubuntu. After installing the windows on my PC the Hard disk SSD have partitioned in a weird manner. I have a got a 4.47 GB space at the start of the disk and the EFI partition and then the local disk partition of...
  9. Extend Disk partition

Extend Disk partition: Hi i want to extend disk my c drive with a free 48 gb space. but i cannot do that. The extend option is greyed out and i cannot also delete the free disk space. pictures of it are bellow. Please help me increase the disk space. Thank you.[ATTACH]...
  10. Unable to Extend Partition

Unable to Extend Partition: I hope someone can help. Since upgrading to Windows 10 I have had to keep extending the primary partition, now up to 250Gb and full. I do have free capacity on another partition from which I have been taking spare capacity with any problems so far, but the partition tool...