Windows 10: Unable to Fetch Updates in Microsoft Store

Discus and support Unable to Fetch Updates in Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have no updates to windows 10 available. I have run the msreset.exe to reset it However, when I open microsoft store and click "Downloads and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by geekreate, Nov 15, 2020.

1. geekreate Win User

Unable to Fetch Updates in Microsoft Store

I have no updates to windows 10 available.

I have run the msreset.exe to reset it

However, when I open microsoft store and click "Downloads and Updates," it just continuously gives me a spinning wheel of dots.

Nothing ever loads.

When I clicked the "all apps" section, it showed the apps I owned there.

When I click "Get updates," the program essentially stops responding without doing the thing where it adds Not Responding to the program and whites out a bit.

And this is new. Just happened as I was writing this. It closed by itself. Odd.

I was trying to get updates so that I could install an update for the Xbox app, but I'm unable to do that.

I would say "Microsoft Store probably needs to update" but... you have to do that from within Microsoft Store, so.....

:)

geekreate, Nov 15, 2020

2. Unable to update review on Microsoft store apps

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern and we appreciate the effort and time that you have taken to provide your review on store apps. However, we would suggest you to try signing out from Microsoft Store and sign in back and check if you are getting the
    Update option. If the issue still persists, please follow the steps mentioned below and check.

1. Search for wsreset.exe in search bar.
    2. Right click on the Run command and select Run as administrator.
    3. A command prompt window will open after which the Microsoft Store will open.
    4. Then try updating the review.

You can also log on to online
    Microsoft Store
    and provide your review suggestions.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    unable to run window store and update

Sorry for the late response. If the above steps did not work, let's try another troubleshooting step. You can try the suggestion by Linley Meslier above and see if it will resolve the issue. If not, try resetting Windows Store cache. Follow the steps below:

• Click on Cortana.
    • Type WSreset.exe, then click it.
    • The Store app and a command prompt will open without any messages and it will automatically close when the process is done.
    • Restart the computer.

After doing the steps, try running Windows Store again and see if you can do an update.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to update Instagram from Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort to work on this. However, in order to help you further, please reply with the following details:

• What is the error message you receive when you try to update Instagram?
    • Does this issue occur with any other application?

You can refer the following troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Method 1: Resetting Store

Since you are unable to update Instagram, you can try resetting the Store application and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type wsreset and click on
      OK
    3. One Command Prompt window will open and will reset the Store.
    4. Once Store is reset it will be relaunched. Once relaunched, please try updating Instagram.

Method 2: Uninstalling and reinstalling Instagram

If resetting store didn’t help, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Instagram and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps.
    3. Click on Apps & features.
    4. Scroll down, look for Instagram and click on it.
    5. Click on Uninstall.
    6. Once the app is uninstalled, Navigate to Store search for
      Instagram and install it.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to Fetch Updates in Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Unable Fetch Updates

2. Unable to Update Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to Update Microsoft Store: I fresh installed Windows 10 today on November 10th 2023 after changing my internal hard drive with a new ssd and everything went smooth after the installation except the Microsoft Store app which is showing an older version and refused to update when clicking the download...
  3. Unable to Update Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Update Microsoft Store: I fresh installed Windows 10 today on November 10th 2023 after changing my internal hard drive with a new ssd and everything went smooth after the installation except the Microsoft Store app which is showing an older version and refused to update when clicking the download...
  4. Unable to Update Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store can no longer fetch updates or install apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store can no longer fetch updates or install apps: Hello,since a few days my Microsoft Store is completely broken. If I try to search for updates, it almost instantly shows a black triangle with a exclamation point. Installing any app doesn't work either. I've tried many different solutions, but none of them worked:Microsoft...
  6. Microsoft Store can no longer fetch updates or install apps

Microsoft Store can no longer fetch updates or install apps: Hello,since a few days my Microsoft Store is completely broken. If I try to search for updates, it almost instantly shows a black triangle with a exclamation point. Installing any app doesn't work either. I've tried many different solutions, but none of them worked:Microsoft...
  7. Microsoft store unable to update/install apps

Microsoft store unable to update/install apps: My microsoft store has not been working since I factory reset my pc. I have tried reseting it and I have tried uninstalling and resintalling it using powershell but still whenever I try to update or download an app it starts downloading then says "Error" and tells me to...
  8. Microsoft Store Unable to Download or Update Anything

Microsoft Store Unable to Download or Update Anything: Within the past week or so, the Microsoft Store has been completely unable to download or update anything at all. This first cam to my attention when the Xbox App for PC wouldn't load in either, existing as nothing but a black window. I uninstalled the app, and went to...
  9. Unable to update Instagram from Microsoft Store

Unable to update Instagram from Microsoft Store: Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features Scroll down to Instagram Select it Click Advanced options Click Reset Restart Check the Store for updates it still not helping ***Modified title from: instagram not updating***...
  10. Unable to update review on Microsoft store apps

Unable to update review on Microsoft store apps: Hi i rated and reviewed for 2 apps in microsoft store , scorpio player and spreadsheet light after that the developer answered and replyed my review now i want to back to store and update my review but the UPDATE section disappear and dont exist where is the problem...