Windows 10: "Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package"

Discus and support "Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Please don't respond with anything other than a download link for the core driver files that microsoft needs to let print drivers install. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Liz_IU, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Liz_IU Win User

"Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package"

Please don't respond with anything other than a download link for the core driver files that microsoft needs to let print drivers install.

I've downloaded the printer drivers from the manufacturer and they won't install because "Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package"

I've tried running them in compatibility mode and it failed because "Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package"

I've run the troubleshooter and it can't fix it because "Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package"

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/print/getting-the-updated-core-driver-package and all of the articles associated with it are completely useless.

I am running Windows 10 Enterprise, 1803, fully updated including the latest .Net Framework.

:)

Liz_IU, Dec 21, 2018

2. Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package

Hi,

Based on the description that you provided, we need to determine the cause of this issue. Having said that, we would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when installing the driver? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.

Desiree Yau, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package

Thank you for the information you provided.

This issue might occur if the said driver is not compatible or incorrect. Having said that, we advise installing the drive in compatibility mode. Here's how:

• Download the printer driver from the manufacturer's website.
    • Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Select Run.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc.
    • Click on OK.
    • Expand Driver.
    • Right-click on the printer driver.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • If prompted to confirm, please do so.
    • Go to the location where you saved the downloaded setup files from the manufacturer's website.
    • Right-click on the setup file.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Tick the box beside Run this program in Compatibility mode.
    • Select your operating system from the drop down list.

Once done, let driver install and check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Desiree Yau, Dec 21, 2018
  4. "Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package"

Windows 10 with EpsonStylus cx6600 - Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package

To get Windows 10 compatible driver for your Epson CX6600 printer, we would highly suggest that you contact Epson's Technical Support for further assistance.

Regards.

Gemzon Mar, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

"Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package"

1. "Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package" - Similar Threads - Unable find core

2. Need to delete printer driver package - will NOT delete.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to delete printer driver package - will NOT delete.: I need to delete a printer driver package.windows>settings>devices>printers&scanners>select printer>removethenwindows>settings>devices>printers&scanners>print server properties>drivers>select driver>remove> remove driver and driver package>ok>yesresult: Failed to remove...
  3. Need to delete printer driver package - will NOT delete.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to delete printer driver package - will NOT delete.: I need to delete a printer driver package.windows>settings>devices>printers&scanners>select printer>removethenwindows>settings>devices>printers&scanners>print server properties>drivers>select driver>remove> remove driver and driver package>ok>yesresult: Failed to remove...
  4. Uninstalling driver package

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling driver package: To get audio from some of my devices over USB devices are connected to the pc with USB cables I have to install a Windows driverpackage of Slicon Laborities. The package filename is CP210x_Windows_Drivers.zip. Due to several error messages from the devices like "Can not open...
  5. Unable to Install Driver - "No driver was supported in this driver package."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Install Driver - "No driver was supported in this driver package.": I am trying to install the Realtek Driver but got an error: No Driver was supported in this driver package. Is there any way I can fix this?...
  6. Unable to Install Driver - "No driver was supported in this driver package."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Install Driver - "No driver was supported in this driver package.": I am trying to install the Realtek Driver but got an error: No Driver was supported in this driver package. Is there any way I can fix this?...
  7. Unable to Install Driver - "No driver was supported in this driver package."

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. The Printer Driver package cannot be installed

in Windows 10 News
    The Printer Driver package cannot be installed: [ATTACH]You may have encountered several errors while using Windows. Some of them can be fixed quickly, while some of them may need tweaking some things in your system a bit. One of the common Windows errors is ‘The Printer Driver package cannot be installed‘. There may be...
  9. Signing a driver package

Signing a driver package: Is a release signature created through a Software Publisher Certificate SPC valid for Windows 10? Or the only way to do it is Hardware Certification Kit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-a-driver-package/7bb3f0b1-de9d-4127-bde7-aef09031637b
  10. Failed to Find driver packages

Failed to Find driver packages: Split from this thread. Hi I could not removed my printers which are HP 8610 and Brother Printer from programs and features. I also could not removed them from setting, App features. So, I delete it from Registry and now I got error and don't know how to fix them. However,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to find core driver package

2. unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package

3. Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package.

4. unable to find core printer driver package,
  5. printer unable to find core drivers,
  6. Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package xerox,
  7. unable to find a core driver package,
  8. unable to find a core drive package that is required,
  9. printer driver was not installed unable to find a core driver package,
  10. WINDOWS 10 UNABLE TO FIND CORE DRIVER PACKAGE,
  11. unable to find core driver package xerox,
  12. nable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package,
  13. outmelding unable to find core driver package that is required by the printer driver package