Windows 10: Unable to find any WiFi network on my computer

Discus and support Unable to find any WiFi network on my computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, my computer has been struggling to find any wifi network for the last 2 days. i have restarted both the computer and my router thinking it may... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CameronMurdoch3, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Unable to find any WiFi network on my computer

Hello,

my computer has been struggling to find any wifi network for the last 2 days.
    i have restarted both the computer and my router thinking it may solve the problem but it hasnt. This has only recently occured after a new windows update, please help.

:)

CameronMurdoch3, Oct 27, 2019
  2. asus2016 Win User

Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi

For some reason, the printer lasted less than 24 hours printing correctly, and now I again can't fix it, even by doing what "worked" before (Comment #6 upthread).

Regarding the static IP suggestion:
    1. The printer is connected via USB to a Windows 7 computer on the home network. It's not on the network by IP address. Here is a screenshot of the printer port properties.
      Unable to find any WiFi network on my computer [​IMG]
    2. Although there ARE "headaches" as is said above, the vast majority of the other computers on the home wifi network, NEVER have had a problem printing to it. And this applies to computers that have run XP, Win7, Win10, and MacOS. For the most part until now, it's included the particular Win10 computer in question.
    3. If I still might be able to give it a static IP address, will this affect the other computers that have been able to print to it fine using printer name?

asus2016, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Unable to find any WiFi network on my computer

unable to connect to wifi network

Hi Alexander,

Reading through your post, we see that you have run a lot of troubleshooting steps to resolve your WiFi network connection issue. There ares some other steps though that you may still do to resolve it.

Please check Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

To site some:

• On the first item about Things to try first, you will see basic troubleshooting steps. Included in this topic is a suggestion to contact your Internet Service Provider which will be able to guide you in checking connection with your router.
    • Running the Network troubleshooter. This topic also includes applying network commands that may be able to help you. Please try the other network commands and check if it works.
    • Uninstalling the network adapter driver and restart. You may try if you had a
      recent update.
    • If you are running running Windows 10 Version 1607 or later you may also try
      Using network reset.

If you have tried all of the above and the connection still fails, you may try some other steps listed below:

• Change channel width for your network adapter.
      • Press Windows Key + S and enter type network. Chose
        Network and Sharing Center from the list of results.
      • When Network and Sharing Center opens, click the Change adapter settings.
      • Locate your wireless adapter and right click it. Choose Properties from the menu.
      • When Properties window opens, navigate to Advanced tab.
      • Select the 802.11 channel width and change the value. Some users have reported that changing the value to
        20 MHz has fixed the issue for them, but you might have to use a different value.
      • Click OK to save the changes.

• Disable IPv6 on your computer and router.
      • Open Network and Sharing Center.
      • Find the Connections section and click your current connection.
      • Connection status window will open. Click the Properties button.
      • Find Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP /IPv6) and uncheck it.
      • Click OK button to save the changes.
      • Restart your computer in order to apply the changes.
      • If the problem still persists, you might have to disable IPv6 on your router. Disabling IPv6 on your router is a complicated process, and it’s different for every type of router, so before you do that, check the your router’s instruction manual.

• Make sure that your adapter and router are using the same security type.
      • Open Network and Sharing Center and click the Manage wireless networks.
      • Find your wireless network, right click it and choose Properties.
      • Go to Security tab, find Security type section and select the
        same security type that your router is using. You might have to try several different security types before you pick the right one.
      • lick OK to save changes.

• Add the connection manually.
      • Open Network and Sharing Center.
      • Click Set up a new connection or network.
      • Choose Manually connect to a wireless network and click
        Next
      • Enter the requested information such as network name, security key and security type.
      • Click Next to finish the process.
      • After you’ve created a new network connection, everything should be working without any problems.
      • If the issue persists, try changing the security type of your new network.

Kindly keep us updated with the status of the issue

Rey Cam, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Unable to find any WiFi network on my computer

1. Unable to find any WiFi network on my computer - Similar Threads - Unable find WiFi

2. my wifi doesnt work, i can not find any wifi networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my wifi doesnt work, i can not find any wifi networks.: I installed WIN 11 with oobe/bypassnro and now i want to connect to network but i can not find any wifi networks. I tried everything reinstalling drivers, and whatever else. Troubleshooting internet doesnt work and this is the setting im getting. Wifi is undetectable from my...
  3. my wifi doesnt work, i can not find any wifi networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my wifi doesnt work, i can not find any wifi networks.: I installed WIN 11 with oobe/bypassnro and now i want to connect to network but i can not find any wifi networks. I tried everything reinstalling drivers, and whatever else. Troubleshooting internet doesnt work and this is the setting im getting. Wifi is undetectable from my...
  4. My laptop stopped finding any wifi networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop stopped finding any wifi networks.: last night it was connecting to wifi, now it can’t connect and then it stopped finding any, saying no Wi-fi networks found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-stopped-finding-any-wifi-networks/48486c0b-040f-4860-80b9-d844bd103dee
  5. My laptop stopped finding any wifi networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop stopped finding any wifi networks.: last night it was connecting to wifi, now it can’t connect and then it stopped finding any, saying no Wi-fi networks found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-stopped-finding-any-wifi-networks/48486c0b-040f-4860-80b9-d844bd103dee
  6. My laptop stopped finding any wifi networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Unable to connect any other network / wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect any other network / wifi: Hello, I'm having troubles connecting to Hotel WiFi on of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on computer to home network, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. However, I cannot connect to all hotel WiFi. I have travelling to many countries for business and I can connect all my...
  8. Unable to connect any other network / wifi

Unable to connect any other network / wifi: Hello, I'm having troubles connecting to Hotel WiFi on of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on computer to home network, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. However, I cannot connect to all hotel WiFi. I have travelling to many countries for business and I can connect all my...
  9. Cannot find and connect any WiFi networks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot find and connect any WiFi networks: [ATTACH]Hey guys! So my laptop is showing this problem. My laptop can’t connect or find any wifi networks. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-and-connect-any-wifi-networks/288ecba8-7464-4636-ba64-57db9fbecfff
  10. My computer cannot find wifi networks

My computer cannot find wifi networks: I just updated my computer to the newest windows 10 update because it was running kind of slow but now my computer cannot find any networks at all. Ive tried all the basic fixes but nothing seems to work. Help me please...