Windows 10: unable to find driver for touchpad

Discus and support unable to find driver for touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Unable to find driver for touchpad. I am having troubles with the touchpad on my DELL 5567. The rightclick does not work. Need to click very hard to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SusmithaManikonda, Dec 27, 2019.

1. unable to find driver for touchpad

Unable to find driver for touchpad.

I am having troubles with the touchpad on my DELL 5567. The rightclick does not work. Need to click very hard to work etc.

I checked in "Device manager -> Mice & other pointing devices"

It has only two options - HID - compliant mouse and PS/2 - compliant mouse

but nothing on touchpad

I checked for the latest windows update and it is on 9/22

:)

SusmithaManikonda, Dec 27, 2019

2. touchpad driver update

Hi Chandrahasan,

Incompatible device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the touchpad driver, then follow these steps to check if the issue is driver related:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Dec 27, 2019
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Dec 27, 2019
  4. unable to find driver for touchpad

Unable to disable touchpad drivers.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to enable the touchpad drivers, restart the computer and then again disable it and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, Download and Install the latest touch pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check.

You can install previous operating system drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow these steps:

b) In the search box type “Run programs made for previous versions of Windows” and select it from the list.

d)Select the drivers and
    install

Once you update the latest drivers, try to disable touch pad.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

unable to find driver for touchpad

1. unable to find driver for touchpad - Similar Threads - unable find driver

2. unable to find HASP driver in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to find HASP driver in windows 11: Hi,I am trying to install a software in windows but it's prompting me an error "Unable to access HASP SRM Run Time Environment H0033"I tried to turnoff my firewall, and then searched for HASP services in The Services List, But did not found any HASP driver. So please help how...
  3. unable to find HASP driver in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to find HASP driver in windows 11: Hi,I am trying to install a software in windows but it's prompting me an error "Unable to access HASP SRM Run Time Environment H0033"I tried to turnoff my firewall, and then searched for HASP services in The Services List, But did not found any HASP driver. So please help how...
  4. no touchpad driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no touchpad driver: no touchpad driver in my device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-touchpad-driver/b7fb0970-cf83-4e52-8fa7-a0e787f5d167
  5. no touchpad driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no touchpad driver: no touchpad driver in my device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-touchpad-driver/b7fb0970-cf83-4e52-8fa7-a0e787f5d167
  6. Unable to find HP camera driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to find HP camera driver: Hello, Can somebody help me in finding the camera driver for my HP laptop. My camera is not starting, gives an errorcannot find camera. I visited support.hp.com to download the driver, but there is no such driver in my knowledge else the name is different and i couldn't find...
  7. Touchpad driver!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad driver!: I accidentally deleted my touchpad driver so I installed one from the Lenovo support website but it’s not appearing or working. submitted by /u/Quantum_Marble [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lh39yy/touchpad_driver/
  8. Surface Book 2 touchpad not clicking, unable to find SMBus driver

Surface Book 2 touchpad not clicking, unable to find SMBus driver: Hi, I've had a surface book 2 for two years and had some issues with the touchpad. Moving the mouse around, tapping, and scrolling works so there are no dead spots however it doesn't click at all so I can't copy/paste. I had to buy a mouse to be able to use a £2k laptop......
  9. Unable to find Bluetooth drivers

Unable to find Bluetooth drivers: There are no Bluetooth drivers listed in the device manager. I am just trying to update drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-find-bluetooth-drivers/c3f3b361-ada2-47e5-8d6b-68b45af16273
  10. PCI serial port unable to find driver.

PCI serial port unable to find driver.: I've had this pc for around 9 months now, Everything works perfect until I noticed the PCI serial port driver has someone been uninstalled. I'm not sure how this has happened and I haven't noticed any differences in using my computer but something has happened and its been...