Windows 10: unable to find fingerprint sensor in device manager and windows hello doesnt work anymore

Discus and support unable to find fingerprint sensor in device manager and windows hello doesnt work anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; there is no unknown device or any biometric device but my notebook has a fingerprint sensor, it worked fine for a year or so but since the past year i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yashchandna, Apr 9, 2020.

1. unable to find fingerprint sensor in device manager and windows hello doesnt work anymore

there is no unknown device or any biometric device but my notebook has a fingerprint sensor, it worked fine for a year or so but since the past year i have been trying to make it work.

My model is HP pavilion x360 14CD0053TX

unable to find fingerprint sensor in device manager and windows hello doesnt work anymore cab08f62-3512-4030-ad56-d12cbe3f7b79?upload=true.png

:)

yashchandna, Apr 9, 2020
  2. chris_80 Win User

Windows Hello - PIN and Fingerprint not working anymore

First, this is similar with
    this question
    , but that thread is locked with no solution.

After some months of fingerprint login working fine, after some update few months ago fingerprint stopped working, error message like "windows hello encountered a problem and stopped working".

- noticed that PIN is not set up anymore

- tried to set up PIN or fingerprint - not working (fingerprint sensor was not even recognized by Hello, even though Dell tools verification was ok).

- reinstalled fingerprint sensor driver, managed to determine Hello to find sensor and allowed to set up fingerprint until near the end when it requested for a PIN to be setup. asked for my password but the next screen (to enter PIN twice) never appears

- deleted Ngc folder, recreated, managed to set up PIN individually

- when I try to set up fingerprint click on Get Started, asks for PIN, and after I enter the PIN the popup disappear but does't go to the next step with sensor, stays there with only the Cancel button visible.

To answer obvious questions:

- windows updates done. no change

- new account created and tried to set up. same issues with fingerprint setup, at the end not setting up PIN or I set up PIN separately on fingerprint start does not go further than entering PIN after Get Started.

chris_80, Apr 9, 2020
  3. elmarconi Win User
    Windows Hello disappeared - Fingerprint not working anymore

Hi everyone,

I have a Elitebook 840 G2 with Windows 10 running on it. Since I use Win10, I was always logging in with Windows Hello and the built in fingerprint reader.

Today, I made a restart of Windows and some updates were installed. When I wanted to log in again, there was no login possible anymore with the fingerprint. Instead, I had to use the PIN. A short glimpse in the Settings revealed that there was no Windows
    Hello option anymore!

Although there are two drivers, a Synaptics Driver and a Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver in my program list, the whole fingerprint reader does not work anymore. Does anyone have an idea where to get a new, correct Windows 10 driver or to troubleshoot
    to get Windows Hello back? In my opinion, it is all about convenience of logging in unable to find fingerprint sensor in device manager and windows hello doesnt work anymore :)

Thank you for your response,

Marco

elmarconi, Apr 9, 2020
  4. SinaK1 Win User

unable to find fingerprint sensor in device manager and windows hello doesnt work anymore

Fingerprint sensor and Windows Hello don't work

So long story short, windows 10 crashed after my asus laptop did the October update. I was stuck on the automatic repair loop. No troubleshooting step worked, so I decided to clean install windows 10. After I installed a clean version of Windows 10, everything
    worked fine (except for the fact that all my files are lost and I have to reinstall every program, thanks windows), however my fingerprint sensor doesnt work, and windows hello isnt activated. I checked device manager and there is a yellow exclamation mark
    beside ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor under Biometric devices. Opening the properties and under device status, the following is written:

This device is currently waiting on another device or set of devices to start. (Code 51)

Dependencies:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A32A&SUBSYS_1E401043&REV_10\3&11583659&0&F2

ACPI\INT3450\3&11583659&0

The drivers are up to date, however in windows update in the settings, the driver shows up as a failed install attempt. I have tried uninstalling the device and its drivers but it keeps getting reinstalled automatically after refreshing device manager.

Can someone please help?

SinaK1, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

unable to find fingerprint sensor in device manager and windows hello doesnt work anymore

1. unable to find fingerprint sensor in device manager and windows hello doesnt work anymore - Similar Threads - unable find fingerprint

2. fingerprint sensor not in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint sensor not in device manager: ever since my update to win 11 and cean insta of win 10 i cant find my fingerprint sensor in my device manager on enovo x1 yoga gen 3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-sensor-not-in-device-manager/55884d63-f63a-4f9a-ba6a-677b63af5bd7
  3. fingerprint sensor not in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fingerprint sensor not in device manager: ever since my update to win 11 and cean insta of win 10 i cant find my fingerprint sensor in my device manager on enovo x1 yoga gen 3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-sensor-not-in-device-manager/55884d63-f63a-4f9a-ba6a-677b63af5bd7
  4. Windows hello fingerprint sensor not available

Windows hello fingerprint sensor not available: Good afternoon people!I have HP Elitebook 850 G5 i5 7th gen with latest windows and hardware updates. But I can't setup fingerprint sensor in sign in option. I included a pic of the system and have a biometric scanner gutter on the laptop body. Please help me solve this...
  5. Windows hello fingerprint sensor not available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello fingerprint sensor not available: Good afternoon people!I have HP Elitebook 850 G5 i5 7th gen with latest windows and hardware updates. But I can't setup fingerprint sensor in sign in option. I included a pic of the system and have a biometric scanner gutter on the laptop body. Please help me solve this...
  6. Windows Hello can't seem to find the fingerprint sensor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello can't seem to find the fingerprint sensor: Hey everyone.I have a new Lenovo Yoga 7 14ITL5 with a fingerprint sensor. Suddenly it the login option for the fingerprint stopped working and I can only enter my account using my PIN.I tried some solution which worked only temporarily like the registry editor policy, and...
  7. Windows Hello can't seem to find the fingerprint sensor

Windows Hello can't seem to find the fingerprint sensor: Hey everyone.I have a new Lenovo Yoga 7 14ITL5 with a fingerprint sensor. Suddenly it the login option for the fingerprint stopped working and I can only enter my account using my PIN.I tried some solution which worked only temporarily like the registry editor policy, and...
  8. windows hello / biometric fingerprint sensors

windows hello / biometric fingerprint sensors: My Windows was not getting the first update, due to which I updated the Windows 10 Pro offline, but now in settings, Windows hello and fingerprint sensor biometric service is not working in the account sign Please help me...
  9. Windows hello fingerprint not working anymore

Windows hello fingerprint not working anymore: i have had my laptop since july 2018 and the fingerprint scanner worked fine. About a week ago i factory reset it and suddenly it stopped working to log me in. I went into log in settings and it said that my computer doesnt support windows hello. But i know it does because it...
  10. Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor

Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor: I recently had my laptop fixed (I did something dumb and needed to have a factory reset). I connected my hotmail account to my laptop sign in account and I wanted to set up the fingerprint reader as an option to sign into my laptop... however I cannot for the life of me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello not available anymore