Windows 10: Unable to find my device in Microsoft Store

Discus and support Unable to find my device in Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I've been trying to download apps onto my computer but when I click on the "Install On My Device" button, my pc doesn't show, though when I go to the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by HalfBrothers02, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Unable to find my device in Microsoft Store

I've been trying to download apps onto my computer but when I click on the "Install On My Device" button, my pc doesn't show, though when I go to the website and my devices it does.

:)

HalfBrothers02, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to add a device to Microsoft account

Hi,

Ideally, when we sign in to a device using the Microsoft account, the device is already added to the Microsoft account. However, as you have mentioned you are unable to add the device to the Microsoft account after removing it. We would suggest you
    to try converting the account as a local account and then converting it as a Microsoft account. This should add the device to the Microsoft account. Kindly refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and select
      Your info
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Sign in with a local account instead and follow the on-screen instructions.
    4. Once the account is converted as a local account, sign in to the account, go to settings and click on
      Sign in with a Microsoft account.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions to convert the account. Once the account is converted as a Microsoft account, the device will be listed in your Microsoft account.

Meanwhile, we would like to know the following details to assist you with the Minecraft issue:

• How are you trying to install Minecraft?
    • Which edition of Minecraft are you trying to install?

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Unable to find my device in Microsoft Store

Unable to install Garmin Connect Mobile app from Microsoft Store

Hi James,

I understand that you are unable to install the Garmin Connect Mobile app from Microsoft store after uninstalling it.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Reset the store cache.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      wsreset
      and hit enter.

The store will restart automatically after the command completes.

Method 2:

Sign out and sign in again to store.

1. Open Microsoft store by clicking on the
      Store icon on the taskbar.
    2. Now on the top right corner click on the
      account icon and click on the account name.
    3. Now click on Sign out to sign out of Microsoft Store.
    4. Click on the account icon again and click on
      Sign in.
    5. Login with the Microsoft account.

If the issue persists, I would also suggest you to check and confirm if the store app is updated and the region, time & language settings are set accordingly. You can refer the steps in the article on
    Microsoft Store does not launch
    to help you through this process.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Unable to find my device in Microsoft Store

1. Unable to find my device in Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Unable find device

2. Unable to find HP Smart on the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to find HP Smart on the Microsoft Store: HP tell me that I have to install the HP Smart app to scan, but every time I click ont he link it takes me to the MS Store, and when I click "Get" it tells me that the app is not found.Windows 10, up to date with updates. Any suggestions? I can't scan without this app....
  3. Unable to find HP Smart on the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find HP Smart on the Microsoft Store: HP tell me that I have to install the HP Smart app to scan, but every time I click ont he link it takes me to the MS Store, and when I click "Get" it tells me that the app is not found.Windows 10, up to date with updates. Any suggestions? I can't scan without this app....
  4. Unable to find HP Smart on the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to Find Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Find Device: I bought Minecraft Windows 10 edition from the Microsoft store, said it needed a device to download to. So I go onto my account and link my Windows 10 PC and head back to the store. Says it still needs a device to be linked in order to download. So I reset the store, sign in...
  6. i can't find my device on the microsoft store

i can't find my device on the microsoft store: so I bought the minecraft starter edition on my computer but the problem is I can't use it on my PC it keeps on saying install on my devices but why do I have to install on my devices?why can't i just install? because i am using a PC and I signed into my PC with the same...
  7. Unable to find a device with Microsoft Account

Unable to find a device with Microsoft Account: I am trying to download an app from the MS store, but it says I do not have any applicable device linked to my MS account. I have had this laptop with MS Windows 10 for two years. How do I connect it to my account? ***Original Title: Connecting devices with MS account***...
  8. Microsoft Store not downloading app/ not finding device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not downloading app/ not finding device.: Hello. My laptop is approx. 3 years old. I have installed Windows 10 Enterprise , latest version and when I try downloading the app Minecraft Windows 10 Edition by the Download/Run button, nothing happens. When using "Download on my devices" option, a windows appears,...
  9. Unable to link device to Microsoft Store

Unable to link device to Microsoft Store: Cannot verify identity in accounts-win10. Not able to synch. or download from Microsoft Store as device not linked to account. When trying to verify identity it states-illegal state change was requested. So have purchased game from Store but unable to download....
  10. Unable to Open/Find Microsoft store in my machine

Unable to Open/Find Microsoft store in my machine: Store Appliation is not available in my Windows 10 Desktop, which is restricting to perform any downloads from the Microsoft site. Getting an error stating ' Choose where you want to install: It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft...