Windows 10: Unable to find my own WiFi while it’s showing others

Discus and support Unable to find my own WiFi while it’s showing others in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Backstory is I installed windows 10 on my hp because I originally deleted to os for another os that wasn’t windows and I installed it back but it’s on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AaronCarrillo1, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Unable to find my own WiFi while it’s showing others

Backstory is I installed windows 10 on my hp because I originally deleted to os for another os that wasn’t windows and I installed it back but it’s on a 2016 version and I quickly tried to update everything using Ethernet cable because it wasn’t showing my home WiFi.

:)

AaronCarrillo1, Sep 8, 2021

2. Unable to see a specific WiFi Network in list

I have Windows 8.1. I can see the WiFi networks of everyone in the vicinity. However, am unable to see the WiFi network installed in my home.

The WiFi Network that am unable to see is a new connection. This new connection is seen by all devices (Mobiles etc) but it is.not getting displayed in my Windows 8.1 list.

I have seen other threads on the issue which recommend checking WLAN Autoconfig etc. And have tried those steps too. But there is no change in the outcome.

Can anyone please suggest any solution that migjt work. I am not willing to format my Laptop.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in adv and Regards

Rahul P Sharma

RahulPSharma, Sep 8, 2021
  3. Turn of push notice 'action required Wifi' Lumia 950

Hi, Kittyvan H.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Turn WiFi search off, when you don’t need it, by taping on WiFi quick action button or by managing your
    WiFi notification by following these steps:

• Slide your finger downwards on the screen.
    • Press All settings.
    • Press Network & wireless.
    • Press WiFi. and then select Wi-Fi Sense.
    • Turn on/off "Connect to suggested open hotspots".
    • Uncheck "Show a notification banner when action is needed from me".

Let us know if it works.

Marcel Dio, Sep 8, 2021
  4. Unable to find my own WiFi while it’s showing others

Unable to "get media content" from text messages.

My Nokia 920 on ATT was showing this exact error "getting media content" for a long time... finally spent a chunk of time attempting all suggestions above...

FIXED:

1. Created New MMS APN (steps here: Setup Guide for AT&T APN Settings Windows Phone & MMS Settings )
      • still didn't work
    2. Deleted MMS APN
    3. Group messages started working!! No more "getting media content", it just shows up.
    Note: Didn't help

- WiFi on/off

- Back up text on/off

- Group text on/off

- Data on/off

Ono RunAway, Sep 8, 2021
Thema:

Unable to find my own WiFi while it’s showing others

1. Unable to find my own WiFi while it’s showing others - Similar Threads - Unable find own

2. Unable to find WiFi option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to find WiFi option: I'm not getting WiFi option in my device. I've seen that other people also facing this same issue, in the community i've found few basic troubleshoot options i've tried all like restarting the computer, restarting the router still i have not found the option, please help me...
  3. Unable to find WiFi option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find WiFi option: I'm not getting WiFi option in my device. I've seen that other people also facing this same issue, in the community i've found few basic troubleshoot options i've tried all like restarting the computer, restarting the router still i have not found the option, please help me...
  4. I can see other's WiFi networks but not my own

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can see other's WiFi networks but not my own: Hi, I have Windows 10 on an ASUS Zen Pro laptop. I can connect to the internet by ethernet cable but can not connect to our WiFi network. Other devices in our home can connect to the WiFi except for this ASUS Zen Pro laptop. I can see my neighbor's WiFi networks from the...
  5. My laptop doesn't show my own Internet while its shows every other network. Also, my wifi...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop doesn't show my own Internet while its shows every other network. Also, my wifi...: Thank you. submitted by /u/Xelon1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m216gn/my_laptop_doesnt_show_my_own_internet_while_its/
  6. Unable to find wifi option in my settings

Unable to find wifi option in my settings: I checked whole laptop, i don't find the option of wifi.I tried many ways like updating the drivers, disable and unable the driver.I am usin HP Pavilion windows 10[IMG]...
  7. My laptop disconected from my own wifi but can connect to others

My laptop disconected from my own wifi but can connect to others: My Laptop disconnect out of nowhere from my personal wifi and doesn't even show it in available wifi though my phone can connect to it and my laptop can still connect to other wifi far from me...
  8. Unable to find wifi.

Unable to find wifi.: Hello! I’m apologising beforehand if my grammar is horrible, english isn’t my first language. I have a 2015 MSI laptop running windows 10, my laptop started to have wifi problems out of nowhere; It is unable to find any wifi EXCEPT my phone’s hotspot AND it can only...
  9. Wifi won't detect my own wifi but will see others.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi won't detect my own wifi but will see others.: I don't know what happened but it will show a full list of available networks but won't show either of mine. I even tried to connect to it without having to click on it. What's going on? My other devices are connecting just fine. submitted by /u/Mel_Learns_Life [link]...
  10. Unable to find "runas" and other commands!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to find "runas" and other commands!: Windows 10 - I think my system variable path is messed up! because I'm not able to run any commands such as powershell or runas from the command prompt after booting to a bootable disk and going to command prompt for troubleshooting. Error - Runas or Powershell is not...