Windows 10: Unable to find network printer

Discus and support Unable to find network printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Win 10 version 1803 on my desktop . My desktop is connected via LAN with my dlink router. My printer epson l4160 is connect via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MangaldeepBanerjee, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Unable to find network printer

Hi,

I am using Win 10 version 1803 on my desktop .

My desktop is connected via LAN with my dlink router.

My printer epson l4160 is connect via wifi with the router .

When I am going to Add a printer option , I can't find the printer .

Add a bluetooth ,wireless or network discoverable printer is also not working .

Kindly help.

:)

MangaldeepBanerjee, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Network Printer NOT RECOGNIZED!

Hi Laura,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is your printer is connected to wired or wireless network?

• Are you able to view your printer on your network location?
    I would suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Printer.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Unable to find network printer

Unable to print to a network printer when connected to both wireless and wired networks

Hi Eileen,

• As far as i'm aware nothing has changed
    • i have only tried to send test pages to the network printer so im assuming so yes
    • wireless printer works fine when connected to both networks. However the wifi doesn't connect auto when an Ethernet connection is established this has to be manually connected.
    I have tried the following:

• updated the print driver
    • changed the network port it was plugged into
    • ran windows updates
    • configured with a static
    • changed the wifi and Ethernet priority
    I will run through the trouble shoot steps as suggest and come back to you.

FYI - he has a number of extenders dotted around, a collegue mentioned it could be a subnet issue?

thanks, Ben

BenDavies12333, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Unable to find network printer

1. Unable to find network printer - Similar Threads - Unable find network

2. Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network: Hello, I'm having trouble accessing a shared printer on my home network from my Windows 11 laptop. The printer is connected to another computer on the network, and sharing is enabled, but I can't seem to connect to it. Whenever I try to add the printer, I receive an error...
  3. Can't find network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find network printer: Hi,I'm trying to add a network printer, but i'm having problems finding it.I'm connected to a wifi network configured as public. I have network discovery for public networks activated on advanced sharing settings, ans it's also allowed on firewall settings, but i can't find...
  4. Can't find network printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find network printer: Hi,I'm trying to add a network printer, but i'm having problems finding it.I'm connected to a wifi network configured as public. I have network discovery for public networks activated on advanced sharing settings, ans it's also allowed on firewall settings, but i can't find...
  5. Unable to connect a Network Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect a Network Printer: This Dell 8000 is hard wired to the router and so is the HP 5745 printer. The Dell 8000 PC cannot print a test page or any documents. Another PC and an iphone connected via WiFi to the router are both able to print document and test pages. All devices have printed without...
  6. Unable to connect network printer

Unable to connect network printer: I've recently moved to new internet provider centurylink using modem/router Zyxel c3000z. I have tried and true Dell 1700n network printer that was previously ethernet connected to router and it worked great! Now it will not install. I have tried multiple ethernet ports on...
  7. Cannot find network printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find network printer: I just had to do a fresh install of Windows. I have a networked printer, HP LaserJet 1320n, that cannot be found even if I put in the its IP address. What is the best forum to post this? Thanks, Jeff Windows 10.0.18363 149634
  8. Unable to install Network Printer

Unable to install Network Printer: I have a strange problem with a couple of laptops in a network of some 30 machines. We have recently had a couple of Lexmark networked colour laser printers installed and all machines have successfully had the new printers installed - with the exception of two laptops....
  9. Unable to find printer IP Address

Unable to find printer IP Address: Hi, I was trying to resolve printing and scanning issue on call. The customer has three desktop computers and three printers. Some of printers is connected with wire and some is connected with wireless. All desktop computers and printers are in the same network. Depending...
  10. Find Printer network name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Find Printer network name: Hi, I am trying to find the network name of my printer to put in a Printer Queue shortcut I have tried these with no success. C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /o /n HP6CC21747B66E C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /o /n...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows is unable to find printer