Windows 10: Unable to find phone using Cortana on Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to find phone using Cortana on Windows 10 in Cortana to solve the problem; On the Invoke speaker, I ask Cortana to find my phone and she says "No phone to ring. Install the cortana app" I have the app on an iphone but there... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Luke_203, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Luke_203 Win User

Unable to find phone using Cortana on Windows 10

On the Invoke speaker, I ask Cortana to find my phone and she says "No phone to ring. Install the cortana app"

I have the app on an iphone but there is no way I can see to enable it.

If you ask the cortana app on my phone, she says "You don't have a phone to ring. Install the cortana app"which makes NO sense.

Anyone know how to enable it?

(Why is everything is so hard to do on Cortana? On Alexa, I just tell her my number and she enabled the app and rang my phone.)

***Original title: On Invoke "find my phone"***

:)

Luke_203, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Unable to find phone using Cortana on Windows 10

Windows 10: A New Generation of Windows

You're mistaken. There is no Windows Phone 10. Microsoft is replacing the Windows Phone line with just Windows 10. Or, in other words, Microsoft is replacing Windows Phone 8.1 with the same Windows 10 that they are replacing Windows 8.1.1 with.

DeadmanFatboy, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Unable to find phone using Cortana on Windows 10

1. Unable to find phone using Cortana on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable find phone

2. I am unable to use Cortana

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to use Cortana: um i tried to find some solution on youtube but when i go in cortana i cant speak it shows 'Your organization has turned off voice assistance for Cortana in Windows. You can still get Cortana's help by typing in the text box.' then in one video they said that i go in...
  3. I am unable to use Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to use Cortana: um i tried to find some solution on youtube but when i go in cortana i cant speak it shows 'Your organization has turned off voice assistance for Cortana in Windows. You can still get Cortana's help by typing in the text box.' then in one video they said that i go in...
  4. I am unable to use Cortana

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. unable to browse and use cortana

in Cortana
    unable to browse and use cortana: I face a problem with using Cortana and browsing on the internet. When I try to use the search options, the keyboard gets stuck and I can not type anything. I have Windows 10 Education installed, version KB4073543...
  6. Unable to use notebook feature in cortana

in Cortana
    Unable to use notebook feature in cortana: Cortana says that my account needs an upadate to be able to use the notebook feature. What exactly do I have to do with my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-notebook-feature-in-cortana/f4e4e762-08c4-4d48-aeca-ac684a1d1280
  7. Unable to use Cortana

in Cortana
    Unable to use Cortana: Hi, I am having issues with my Cortana. When I ask Hey Cortana, Cortana opens for about a second before closing again. She is responding to my mic but just doesn't work. I have done multiple mic tests and my mic works fine. ***Modified title from: Cortana***...
  8. Unable to use Cortana

in Cortana
    Unable to use Cortana: When I try to use Cortana it says: Sorry about that, I didn't hear anything. Tap here to make sure Cortana can hear you. Then when I try to open Windows Speech Recognition it says this: Wizard could not launch The Wizard could not start Make sure your audio hardware...
  9. Cortana for phone Windows 10

in Cortana
    Cortana for phone Windows 10: I'm using Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE with Windows10. Can I somehow install Cortana? Please help me, I can't find it anywhere. TY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-for-phone-windows-10/8529b451-5aca-4305-818f-1b0d1ddaadb3"
  10. Unable to open apps using Cortana.

in Cortana
    Unable to open apps using Cortana.: *I have a system running with French as the main language, sentences I put here are translations* Hey, I've been toying with Cortana, and enabled 'Hey Cortana'. I've been trying to use it to open Microsoft Word 2016 lately, but witnessed something strange. At first I...