Windows 10: Unable to find photos and documents on the PC

Discus and support Unable to find photos and documents on the PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I opened my computer and all my documents and photos are gone. I am not logged in as a temporary account user. I have searched for a Windows.old folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdrianDVz, Sep 13, 2019.

1. AdrianDVz Win User

Unable to find photos and documents on the PC

I opened my computer and all my documents and photos are gone. I am not logged in as a temporary account user. I have searched for a Windows.old folder and don't see one. When I open the folders for pictures and documents it days this folder is empty. I have restarted the computer numerous times. Yesterday the same thing happened and I was able to restore it to a previous version and everything came back. Today I tried to restore it again but the computer will only allow me to restore it to last night which doesn't help.

***Original title: Documents and photos are gone***

:)

AdrianDVz, Sep 13, 2019

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Sep 13, 2019
  3. how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 13, 2019
  4. Unable to find photos and documents on the PC

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

Unable to find photos and documents on the PC

1. Unable to find photos and documents on the PC - Similar Threads - Unable find photos

2. Document and Photo transfer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Document and Photo transfer.: How do I transfer documents and photo's from my HP Windows 7 desktop to my new HP laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/document-and-photo-transfer/8cf84c92-c103-42b9-b50d-618aa32903de
  3. lost photos and documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost photos and documents: Hi - I have been locked out of my Microsoft login on windows 10 as it was asking me for a password instead of pin number, which was linked to an old email account no longer in use, so unable to access 2 part identification, A friend of mine has set me up as a new user on my...
  4. I am unable to find my saved document

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am unable to find my saved document: Unable to find my backups https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-find-my-saved-document/822a49b7-812d-4acf-b552-9377b42303d6
  5. I am unable to open photos in My Documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to open photos in My Documents: All photos that I try to open individually come back with an error: FILE SYSTEM ERROR -2147219196 Can you please tell me how I can get rid of this so that I can just view photos one at a time not as a slide show from the document rather than having to go a convoluted way in...
  6. Photos and documents gone??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos and documents gone??: It appears after I updated my windows 10, I've lost all of my documents and years worth of photos from my PC's folders. Any idea where to find them? I'm hopeful! Thank you....
  7. Cannot find documents.

Cannot find documents.: I scanned several documents yesterday and cannot find them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-documents/4d6bc544-4613-4279-aa12-9ecaa4618747"
  8. Cannot delete photos, or folders with photos, or documents on my PC

Cannot delete photos, or folders with photos, or documents on my PC: I have an up-to-date Windows 10 on a fairly new Dell PC. I was working on some photos and videos, and a few days ago I began to have some trouble with deleting any of them. I now cannot delete any folders containing photos. I just checked, and I also cannot delete any...
  9. Unable to find albums in Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to find albums in Photos app: As a photographer I don't want my photos stored as place, time, people. can't find things. How can I get my photos back in my albums/files please? The previous Photo Gallery program was far better than the new Apps. for me. ***Original title: Lost my albums as new...
  10. Re unable to find Windows Live Photo Gallery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re unable to find Windows Live Photo Gallery: I have photo gallery installed with my windows 10, but according to my reserarch, there is also Windows Live Photo Gallery, which has more features. All I can find is windows live essentials, but when i look at the programs it will install this is not shown... Has MS...