Windows 10: Unable to find printer IP Address

Discus and support Unable to find printer IP Address in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I was trying to resolve printing and scanning issue on call. The customer has three desktop computers and three printers. Some of printers is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GNJha, Dec 1, 2018.

1. GNJha Win User

Unable to find printer IP Address

Hi,

I was trying to resolve printing and scanning issue on call. The customer has three desktop computers and three printers. Some of printers is connected with wire and some is connected with wireless. All desktop computers and printers are in the same network.

Depending on convenience and requirements, sometimes the customer changes the connectivity (wire to wireless and wireless to wire).

While resolving the printing and scanning issue I was trying to find out a) the printer IP address and b) which is on wired connection and which is on wireless connection; I did Google search. One of the link I found is as …

https://www.sysprobs.com/how-to-find-the-ip-address-of-a-printer-in-windows-8-8-1

I have gone through many links but unfortunately, I did not find the resolutions. Moreover, the customer is unable to follow more steps that are technical. I attached some screenshots also.

Unable to find printer IP Address d58530b0-82b8-40fe-871b-60b3217dd4b6?upload=true.jpg

Unable to find printer IP Address e822c2ed-1b70-4424-ae45-3f1b2c1bd208?upload=true.jpg

Unable to find printer IP Address c622048b-8f3f-447b-9909-1710caad2fb4?upload=true.jpg

As per above scenario please let me know

a) How to find out the printer IP address? And

b) How to check which printer is on wired connection and which one is on wireless connection?

Printers: HP & Canon

Regards

InTech

:)

GNJha, Dec 1, 2018

2. Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 1, 2018
  3. find HP Printer IP Address.

Hi, Perry

To check the IP address, try the >> HP Printer Assistant

The second column with the IP address should appear in the list:

Imgur

Pedro Bruguera, Dec 1, 2018
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Finding printer IP address

Aha! It's easy when you know how.

Your printer's IP address is probably assigned dynamically - meaning it could be different every time - by your router. Open your router's administration console (which you password-protected, right?) and look for the list of clients to find out what IP
    has been assigned.

If you want to reliably locate your printer by it's IP address, it's better to assign it a static - i.e., unchanging - IP address. This is also done in the router's administration console.

Here's another way to find the IP: Go to Control Panel and open Devices and Printers. Right-click on the printer's icon and select Properties. In the Properties sheet, open the Web Services tab and look on the bottom.

There are probably other methods, but the Russians may be watching this forum.

BulldogXX, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to find printer IP Address - Similar Threads - Unable find printer

2. Can’t find my printer ip address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t find my printer ip address: Hello Microsoft staff,I’m having issue installing a static IP address printer. When I tried to add my printer ip address, it’s always show unable to locate your IP address, I turned on all network sharing in discovery and turn off password protection, even switch off all kind...
  3. Can’t find my printer ip address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t find my printer ip address: Hello Microsoft staff,I’m having issue installing a static IP address printer. When I tried to add my printer ip address, it’s always show unable to locate your IP address, I turned on all network sharing in discovery and turn off password protection, even switch off all kind...
  4. Can’t find my printer ip address

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer IP address: Hp printer ip address changed suddenly. How to reset it to my laptop ip address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-ip-address/e0c4af31-bee2-4b80-8979-44d88eaeb60a
  6. Printer IP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer IP address: Hp printer ip address changed suddenly. How to reset it to my laptop ip address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-ip-address/e0c4af31-bee2-4b80-8979-44d88eaeb60a
  7. printer ip address

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer ip address: iv gone to the control , did right click still nothing. think maybe I should update my windows. would that help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-ip-address/fa33bdee-8ee0-4b97-afed-2526ea67571f
  8. How can I find a printer's IP address?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I find a printer's IP address?: How can I find a printer's IP address in Windows 10? I sometimes need to access a Windows 10 PC with TeamViewer remote software. I sometimes can't find the printer's IP address, it doesn't appear under Control Panel > right click on Printer > Properties > Web Services tab...
  9. cannot find IP address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot find IP address: since uploading win 10 to replace win7 a yellow triangle covers the internet icon, I use the trouble shooter and reply is " local area connection network configuration problem, cannot find valid IP address". And if I wait for about 5 min. yellow triangle goes and I have...
  10. finding my IP address

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    finding my IP address: I have a HP all in one Desktop with Windows 10. I need to find the location for my IP address. To view the IP address of a wireless connection, select WiFi on the left menu pane and click Advanced Options, your IP address will appear next to "IPv4 Address. I don't have...