Windows 10: Unable to find Printer Maintenance in Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to find Printer Maintenance in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This both a question and an answer. there used to be an easy way to reach the maintenance utility for my printer but I couldn't find it. I read the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steve R2, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Steve R2 Win User

Unable to find Printer Maintenance in Windows 10

This both a question and an answer.

there used to be an easy way to reach the maintenance utility for my printer but I couldn't find it. I read the thread here from a few years ago that indicated similar problems.

I finally found that I could reach it by going into "Printing Preferences" where I found a tab for maintenance.

other comments had indicated that I should find it under properties but it was not there.

Anyhow, I'm glad I solved this issue and I thought to post it here in case somebody has a similar problem

By the way my printer is in Epson L110

:)

Steve R2, Sep 30, 2020

2. Unable to find Printer Maintenance in Windows 10

I have an Epson XP-235 and have had Windows 10 reinstalled and updated. I now cannot see Printer Maintenance anywhere. I am unable to print and I suspect I need to change cartridges. Previously I was walked through this step-by-step from Printer Maintenance.
    Where has Printer Maintenance gone and how can I now be shown simply how to change a cartridge - if indeed that is the problem?

Microsoft: please do not ask me if all the cables are connected. Please don't. If you do the chance of me recommending Microsoft drops (further).

Arneson Stidgeley, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Unable to find Printer Maintenance in Windows 10

You clearly do not know as much on this subject as you claim to.

I am having a similar issue with my printer. It will print any color but black. This has happened before, when I primarily used windows 7, and I simply opened the printer
    maintenance options.

My primary computer, that has Windows 10, does not have the option. That same computer
    has drivers installed. My Windows 7 computer has the printer maintenance tab. That tab even shows up on a clean install of Windows 7 that has no printer drivers installed. I installed the proper
    drivers for my printeron both my Windows 7 and Windows 10 computers. The Windows 7 computer has the maintenance tab, the Windows 10 computer,
    despite having the drivers installed
    does not have the maintenance options. Microsoft clearly removed that as a function in Windows 10.

I was able to run the cleaning sequence using the Windows 7 computer. Although that works as a temporary solution, it is ridiculous that Microsoft would remove such a feature from Windows 10. So, my advice to Arnerson, is to use an older machine that has
    that function. If you do not have such a device, it would appear that you are out of luck.

I have bolded and underlined the fact that
    both my computers have the proper drivers and
    only the Windows 7 computer has the maintenance
    options. I have emphasized those parts of my comment because you seem physically unable to comprehend that printer maintenance options were
    in fact a Windows 7 feature.

Charlie Hough, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Unable to find Printer Maintenance in Windows 10

I'm having the same issues as Arneson Stidgeley. The common printer maintenance functions that existed in previous versions of Windows have disappeared in Windows 10. As Arneson clearly stated multiple times, it has nothing to do with printer drivers,
    printer software...it is a Windows 10 issue. Windows 10 does not seem to offer the same printer maintenance functions as previous versions. This is a major omission, as the new troubleshooter is worthless. Why were these critical and useful printer maintenance
    functions deleted...or were they moved to a place that can't be easily located?

TimothyHacala, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to find Printer Maintenance in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable find Printer

2. Unable to find the maintenance tab for printers in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to find the maintenance tab for printers in Windows 11: I have a Canon TR8620a . The color is not coming out the way it should. Whege is tha maintenance tab? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-find-the-maintenance-tab-for-printers-in/308363cc-a194-455d-8343-f00aa2db9444
  3. Unable to find the maintenance tab for printers in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find the maintenance tab for printers in Windows 11: I have a Canon TR8620a . The color is not coming out the way it should. Whege is tha maintenance tab? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-find-the-maintenance-tab-for-printers-in/308363cc-a194-455d-8343-f00aa2db9444
  4. Epson Printer Maintenance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson Printer Maintenance: Hi. Why doesn't my Epson Stylus CX3800 Printer show printer maintenance in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer-maintenance/c09557be-b729-444a-a81a-a69a4207a25f
  5. Epson Printer Maintenance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson Printer Maintenance: Hi. Why doesn't my Epson Stylus CX3800 Printer show printer maintenance in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer-maintenance/c09557be-b729-444a-a81a-a69a4207a25f
  6. Epson Printer Maintenance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows is unable to run automatic maintenance, The maintenance schedule is unavailable‘

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is unable to run automatic maintenance, The maintenance schedule is unavailable‘: I can't start Maintenance in Windows 10 Home it shows last ran 10/26/19 any time I try to run I get a popup "Windows is unable to run automatic maintenance, The maintenance schedule is unavailable‘" I have tried to run SFC/ scannow no problems found, I have run DISM Tool, all...
  8. Unable to find network printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to find network printer: Hi, I am using Win 10 version 1803 on my desktop . My desktop is connected via LAN with my dlink router. My printer epson l4160 is connect via wifi with the router . When I am going to Add a printer option , I can't find the printer . Add a bluetooth ,wireless or...
  9. Unable to find printer IP Address

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to find printer IP Address: Hi, I was trying to resolve printing and scanning issue on call. The customer has three desktop computers and three printers. Some of printers is connected with wire and some is connected with wireless. All desktop computers and printers are in the same network. Depending...
  10. Windows is unable to run Automatic Maintenance

in Windows 10 News
    Windows is unable to run Automatic Maintenance: [ATTACH] Windows comes with an inbuilt Automatic Maintenance feature which takes care of important tasks like security updating and scanning, Windows software updates, Disk Defragmentation, Disk Volume Errors, System Diagnostics, etc. If you receive an error which says...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant locate printer maintenence