Windows 10: Unable to find recovery key of Bitlocker

Discus and support Unable to find recovery key of Bitlocker in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,pls help me on Bitlocker.My drive is locked by Bitlocker, also I don't have recovery key of that Bitlocker.Also, > I Tried to recover key from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vishal Awate, Sep 16, 2022.

1. Unable to find recovery key of Bitlocker

Hi,pls help me on Bitlocker.My drive is locked by Bitlocker, also I don't have recovery key of that Bitlocker.Also, > I Tried to recover key from Account.microsoft.com but key ID is not found.> Tried to put all available bitlocker key but non was valid> Tried to get recovery key from control panel but the key was invalid or not valid for the key ID> Checked other Microsoft account, no other bitlocker key found.> Tried to check other files for copy but non found.pls tell me how to unlock it.... pls help me.

:)

Vishal Awate, Sep 16, 2022

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 16, 2022
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Shafeeq,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key? - Yes, I am unable to even start my laptop unless I enter the recovery key.
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer? Nope
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key? Yes. I have a microsoft account and am able to login usually. But i am unable to login when I try to find the bitlocker recovery key.
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional? Windows 10 Home

When I on my laptop, there is a blue screen that asks me for bitlocker recovery key. I have tried asking my laptop company (Lenovo) and my institution both but no one has any answer to this. I have my bitlocker recovery ID number if that can help me find
    the recovery key.

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Thanks, and regards,

Shweta

Singh Shweta Rajkumar, Sep 16, 2022
  4. Unable to find recovery key of Bitlocker

Bitlocker recovery key

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as the PC is locked with BitLocker and you are unable to retrieve the BitLocker Recovery key from your Microsoft account.

In this situation, we would first suggest you to set the PC to default BIOS settings.

If you still get the option for BitLocker recovery key, then we would suggest you to refer the below article for managing the security info on your Microsoft account and later retrieve the recovery key.

Microsoft account security info & verification codes

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 16, 2022
Thema:

Unable to find recovery key of Bitlocker

1. Unable to find recovery key of Bitlocker - Similar Threads - Unable find recovery

2. I am unable to find Bitlocker recovery keys from manage recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to find Bitlocker recovery keys from manage recovery key: Hi , I am getting Bitlocker recovery page which is not allowing me to login to laptop, I am unable to find my recovery keys in my Microsoft account...
  3. I am unable to find Bitlocker recovery keys from manage recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to find Bitlocker recovery keys from manage recovery key: Hi , I am getting Bitlocker recovery page which is not allowing me to login to laptop, I am unable to find my recovery keys in my Microsoft account...
  4. Can't find bitlocker recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't find bitlocker recovery key: Reset my laptop wanting to reset to factory settings, getting rid of files and everything else. Switched back on and being ask for bitlocker recovery key. Went through the process of logging into my Microsoft account to find the key and it isn't in the devices section where...
  5. Unable to find recovery key of Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find recovery key of Bitlocker: Hi,pls help me on Bitlocker.My drive is locked by Bitlocker, also I don't have recovery key of that Bitlocker.Also, > I Tried to recover key from Account.microsoft.com but key ID is not found.> Tried to put all available bitlocker key but non was valid> Tried to get recovery...
  6. unable to find bitlocker recovery key for Windows access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to find bitlocker recovery key for Windows access: When opening my laptop Microsoft Surface I'm locked out due to bit locker being enabled. I don't recall setting this up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-find-bitlocker-recovery-key-for-windows/1b883173-fcbc-4a6e-8429-9f61c080a105
  7. unable to find bitlocker recovery key for Windows access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to find bitlocker recovery key for Windows access: When opening my laptop Microsoft Surface I'm locked out due to bit locker being enabled. I don't recall setting this up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-find-bitlocker-recovery-key-for-windows/1b883173-fcbc-4a6e-8429-9f61c080a105
  8. unable to find bitlocker recovery key for Windows access

9. Bitlocker recovery... Cannot find recovery key

Bitlocker recovery... Cannot find recovery key: HiI turned on my laptop yesterday and I get this message Bitlocker Recovery. Bitlocker needs your ecovery key to unlock your drive. Problem is I do not have the key. Soon after the laptop turns off. I tried to log in to Microsoft account from a different device but no luck. I...
  10. Find Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Find Bitlocker Recovery Key: My HP Laptop did an upgrade and is now asking me for the Bitlocker Recovery key - I wasn't expecting this to happen so wasn't prepared with my key and now can't locate my paper copy. I have logged in to account.microsoft.com and that device is not on there but my other...