Windows 10: Unable to find Restart option in doing away with Active hours

Discus and support Unable to find Restart option in doing away with Active hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to cancel Active hours for window updates in my windows 10,but am unable to find the Restart option there.Help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DalipSingh1, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Unable to find Restart option in doing away with Active hours

I want to cancel Active hours for window updates in my windows 10,but am unable to find the Restart option there.Help

:)

DalipSingh1, Mar 5, 2019

2. Restart Options and Active Hours

Hi,

Some of the recent updates have added active hours and some basic restart options. It says that updates will be automatically installed when I'm not using my PC. There are some settings that you can change to say when you are active but they only give
    you a 12 hour window! The restart options that aren't always available!

I can be on my PC from 7am to 12 midnight / 1am, and this is most days, and I often leave my PC on overnight with work rendering. I need to be able to change how updates are installed to when it's convenient for me, not when Windows 'thinks' I'm not on
    doing anything!

I want to keep Windows up to date but install the updates when I want them installed. How can I go back to the way updates used to be installed?

Cheers

Jim

TheJimReaper, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Disable Active hours?

Hello Daniel,

If you wish to add more hours or to have an option to turn off the Active Hours, then the feature is currently unavailable on Windows phone. It is best if you can send a suggestion to make the features available using the
    Feedback Hub app. To send a suggestion on your Windows phone, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestionand fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask the community.

Michael Rey, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Unable to find Restart option in doing away with Active hours

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Unable to find Restart option in doing away with Active hours

1. Unable to find Restart option in doing away with Active hours - Similar Threads - Unable find Restart

2. "This sign in option is disabled" won't go away after 2 hours?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This sign in option is disabled" won't go away after 2 hours?: A week or two ago I typed in the password to my laptop incorrectly too many times, and was given an error message saying:"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on...
  3. Unable to find WiFi option

Unable to find WiFi option: I'm not getting WiFi option in my device. I've seen that other people also facing this same issue, in the community i've found few basic troubleshoot options i've tried all like restarting the computer, restarting the router still i have not found the option, please help me...
  4. Unable to find WiFi option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find WiFi option: I'm not getting WiFi option in my device. I've seen that other people also facing this same issue, in the community i've found few basic troubleshoot options i've tried all like restarting the computer, restarting the router still i have not found the option, please help me...
  5. Active Hours for Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Hours for Restarts: I tried to change the hours the computer won't automatically restart after an update. I can't change it. I click, nothing changes. Yeah, I can click on 11 p.m., but it doesn't actually change it. MS has it set for 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is beyond troubling. Last thing I need...
  6. Active Hours for Restarts

Active Hours for Restarts: I tried to change the hours the computer won't automatically restart after an update. I can't change it. I click, nothing changes. Yeah, I can click on 11 p.m., but it doesn't actually change it. MS has it set for 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is beyond troubling. Last thing I need...
  7. Advanced options for Active Hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced options for Active Hours: Is there options, or possibility of adding options, to have different "active hours" per day? For people with swing shifts for exampleSimilarly, what about an active time that shifts its range by an preset offset every day, or dynamically sets the active hours to a predefined...
  8. Advanced options for Active Hours

Advanced options for Active Hours: Is there options, or possibility of adding options, to have different "active hours" per day? For people with swing shifts for exampleSimilarly, what about an active time that shifts its range by an preset offset every day, or dynamically sets the active hours to a predefined...
  9. Change Active Hours Option is Missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Active Hours Option is Missing: i am using win 10 pro (1809). On the windows update page, "change active hours option" is missing. It's missing for quite a while. I thought, if I update, it might come back. Unfortunately, it didn't....
  10. How do I disable outside-active-hours restarting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I disable outside-active-hours restarting?: I hate this "feature" of Windows deciding to restart my computer without my permission, just because it feels like it. Not only do I run a web server on my PC, but I also have many open documents at times, plenty of which I don't save. That doesn't mean I don't need the...