Windows 10: Unable to find search files on a network drive

Discus and support Unable to find search files on a network drive in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello All,Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. I work IT Help Desk and have a user who is unable to get an results from searches he... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Benji7Roeth, Jul 8, 2022.

1. Unable to find search files on a network drive

Hello All,Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. I work IT Help Desk and have a user who is unable to get an results from searches he performs on a network drive. When he tries to search for a specific file that he knows is in that certain network drive no results ever show. He will type in the exact name of the file and no results ever show. If one of his co-workers searches for the exact same file, it pops up within seconds. This issue has persisted for him through 2 different computers. To make things even stranger, the same thing happens when he tries to locally search for

:)

Benji7Roeth, Jul 8, 2022

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 8, 2022
  3. Drone Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Jul 8, 2022
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Unable to find search files on a network drive

Unable to access Network drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • What is the exact error message you’re getting while trying to access the network drive?
    • Are you able to access the drive using its IP address?
    I suggest to follow the steps posted by Pauli O and see if it works.

How to get network sharing work with Windows 10

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, it would be more helpful for us to identify the root cause of the issue, if you can post the screenshot of the error message/code you are getting.

How to include a screenshot in your post

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 8, 2022
Thema:

Unable to find search files on a network drive

1. Unable to find search files on a network drive - Similar Threads - Unable find search

2. Cannot find network drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find network drives: I have a PC which I have set up as an at home media server. That PC is discoverable by my TVs, phones, and tablets.There are 2 other PCs in my home. One is able to see the server, and all other connected devices, but one is not able to see anything on the network yet is still...
  3. Cannot find network drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find network drives: I have a PC which I have set up as an at home media server. That PC is discoverable by my TVs, phones, and tablets.There are 2 other PCs in my home. One is able to see the server, and all other connected devices, but one is not able to see anything on the network yet is still...
  4. Unable to find map network drive option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find map network drive option: When I click on the 3 dots in the “This PC” folder, map network drive option is not showing up in the drop down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-find-map-network-drive-option/55645f2a-9e5b-4518-a782-6ed800e8ab19
  5. Unable to find map network drive option

Unable to find map network drive option: When I click on the 3 dots in the “This PC” folder, map network drive option is not showing up in the drop down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-find-map-network-drive-option/55645f2a-9e5b-4518-a782-6ed800e8ab19
  6. Unable to find search files on a network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find search files on a network drive: Hello All,Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. I work IT Help Desk and have a user who is unable to get an results from searches he performs on a network drive. When he tries to search for a specific file that he knows is in that certain network drive no...
  7. Unable to find search files on a network drive

Unable to find search files on a network drive: Hello All,Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. I work IT Help Desk and have a user who is unable to get an results from searches he performs on a network drive. When he tries to search for a specific file that he knows is in that certain network drive no...
  8. File explorer fails to find Network Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer fails to find Network Drive: Just installed a Western Digital WD 'My Cloud' drive on my LAN, on same LAN segment to my W10 PC. Using 'My Cloud' facilities I have copied files from the PC to the WD drive. Using File Explorer -> Network all I can 'see' is the PC and Router, not the drive. Hence I...
  9. Unable to find network printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to find network printer: Hi, I am using Win 10 version 1803 on my desktop . My desktop is connected via LAN with my dlink router. My printer epson l4160 is connect via wifi with the router . When I am going to Add a printer option , I can't find the printer . Add a bluetooth ,wireless or...
  10. Unable to find files with search facility on Window 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to find files with search facility on Window 10: I have problems using the search facility on Windows 10. I know this is increadibly basic stuff, but I've just got fed up with searching through the 'family tree' type network of stored files. Even files that I have saved just a few months ago never appear in searches,...