Windows 10: Unable to find the DVD drive on PC after Windows updates

Discus and support Unable to find the DVD drive on PC after Windows updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been losing my Slimline DVD drive after Windows update previously I went back to my last good restore point and it works until Windows updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Itchytriggr2, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Unable to find the DVD drive on PC after Windows updates

I've been losing my Slimline DVD drive after Windows update

previously I went back to my last good restore point and it works until Windows updates again

Looks like I have version 1803 now and it says I'm nearing the date where my version won't be supported any longer

Well again I tried to go back to the old restore point but now I can't go back to my restore point because it just shows the last update for a restore point

I've tried deleting my DVD drive but when it reboots I get the Dreaded somethings wrong with your drive Yellow Icon

Windows found the problem, said it repaired it, then told me to reboot my PC, but after I did I still didn't have the DVD drive

I really don't want to wipe the computer and start all over when it appears something is conflicting with my DVD driver

Help please?

Ron

***Original title: Windows updated now I have no DVD drive***

:)

Itchytriggr2, Oct 21, 2019
  2. C_C
    c_C Win User

DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

3. DVD RW Drive

Hi Julia,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

Please provide us the following information:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What is the exact\complete error message?
    Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives .

• Right click on the driver and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Unable to find the DVD drive on PC after Windows updates

Windows 10, DVD drive and USB hard drive failing to work

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to detect the DVD/ CD drives after an Windows update, please be informed us the latest update being installed.

I suggest you to uninstall the latest update and check if you are able to detect the drives.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Programs and Features
    • Locate the update, right click on it and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the device and check.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Unable to find the DVD drive on PC after Windows updates

1. Unable to find the DVD drive on PC after Windows updates - Similar Threads - Unable find DVD

2. unable to find internal speakers in my pc after updating to window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to find internal speakers in my pc after updating to window: recently i have upgraded to win 10 from window 7 earlie i had internal speakers installed in my cpu but now after update i am unable to use them i had checked in the list of speakers and unable to find internal spekars tried downloading driver of realtek too but didnt...
  3. DVD drive stopped working after a Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive stopped working after a Windows 10 update: About a week ago, the DVD player on my Windows 10 computer does not work. Will a future update correct the problem? I think it caused the problem....
  4. Can't find DVD drive

Can't find DVD drive: I am using my wife's PC as mine has died. I have kept her C drive but replaced her D drive with mine. It picks up both HDDs OK but can't see the DVD drive in disc management. I have double checked all connsctions and all are fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  5. Unable to Share DVD Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Share DVD Drives: I set up a private home network last week between two desktop computers, and all of my selected folders have been shared successfully between the two, however both computers will not allow me access to the other's DVD drive. Everything with with them has been set up exactly...
  6. DVD Drive Unable to Read Discs

DVD Drive Unable to Read Discs: My DVD drive can't read any discs at all. Whenever I try to open the disc, it returns this error: [ATTACH] I've tried Methods 3 and 6 listed here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/314060/your-cd-or-dvd-drive-is-not-recognized-by-windows-or-other-programs, but it...
  7. CD/DVD drive not recognized after Windows update

CD/DVD drive not recognized after Windows update: After windows installed the last update on my win 10 pro/64 it doesn't recognize my cd/dvd drive at all. Its not listed even in device manager or anywhere at all. It fails to find it when you ask it to locate it. I'm not a geek and have tried all the easier things I could on...
  8. Unable to use DVD drive

Unable to use DVD drive: I have a HP notebook 15ay082nr that I was given last October and the dvd drive worked, it just needed to be reset to default to delete previous owner info. Well I did that the same day I got it...and now i have a few issues but mainly it's my dvd drive. It wont open by...
  9. Missing Drivers after Windows Updates - Sound and DVD Drive

Missing Drivers after Windows Updates - Sound and DVD Drive: Hi all, My time on Windows 10 has been good so far. But the latest round of Windows Updates has given me sound driver and CD/DVD drive driver issues. Please see images attached. I have a Samsung Series 3 laptop and I am in the UK. I have tried the Samsung Software update...
  10. DVD/CD DRIVE NOT READING MY DVD AFTER UPDATING LAST UPDATE OF WINDOW 10

DVD/CD DRIVE NOT READING MY DVD AFTER UPDATING LAST UPDATE OF WINDOW 10: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with no Problems,When I push the button to open the cd/dvd drive it opens,but the disk does not spin every troubleshoot says there is no problem, , and the app associated with the disk just says "Please Insert Disk"... Under Explorer,...